Butch: "I've aged probably 15 years in the 3 years."

Yep....beat me to it...I hear it ALL the time...and though I recognize it as incorrect its become a part of our conversational language. Just not a big deal and I age....The one that grates on me...and everyone uses it..."We will be eating dinner this sevening"....There is no S in evening....
Now it's not just grammatical wackjobs on patrol, we have the pronunciation Taliban here keeping us VN posters in check. Why don't some of you cats put your proclivities to good use and become bathroom genitalia checkers at Target restrooms?

Reactions: 2 people
He really has done a phenomenal job turning this program around and making it competitive again. From academics, to culture, to recruiting, to public relations, to wins on the field. He's not perfect, but he's been a great hire. I hope all his incredibly hard and difficult work is rewarded with a championship season in 2016.

Thanks captain obvious. But we usually discuss areas of improvement.

Most of us fans aged 20 years during the 3 year tenure of he who has no name.

Welcome To Tennessee, CBJ!!!

GBO!!!

It is obvious that CBJ has a passion for coaching and has put his heart into getting Tennessee back on the right side of the tracks. I sometimes wonder if he had a clue as to how far off the tracks Tennessee was when he said yes to this job.

It is obvious that CBJ has a passion for coaching and has put his heart into getting Tennessee back on the right side of the tracks. I sometimes wonder if he had a clue as to how far off the tracks Tennessee was when he said yes to this job.

He probably thought he knew what he was getting into, but once he was in place I bet he was more like good grief that Dooley boy was a tool.

In the end only a Jackwagon would leave UT for another College program.

He knows the pressure is on, and this is the year with the highest expectations so far.

Its in the bag.

Jump higher Vols.

I think he did, but I am not sure about many of the fans who post here.

Reactions: 1 person
Vols have had 6 losing seasons in the last 10 yrs. prior to than it took 31 seasons 1958-88 to have 6 losing seasons.

It's been tough on fans too.

The answer to "what does this mean" is plainly in the linked article. Its not that hard to figure out.

Well, Thanks for being a smart *** since I was legitimately trying to figure out what he meant by his comment, not what was said in the article.

Well, Thanks for being a smart *** since I was legitimately trying to figure out what he meant by his comment, not what was said in the article.

Not being a smarta$$, I just read the portion I copied over again and the answer to "what does that
mean" is pretty obvious. Its not that difficult to process.

What exactly needed changing that he was unwilling to budge on, GFW?

Well, I'm not gym rat, but in every industry you have to keep up with trends what's currently relevant or you will be behind. Obviously Butch recognized that in other "younger" programs.

It's most likely he promoted a younger guy that is up to par to replace a "dinosaur" per say. Has nothing to do with age or experience. Has everything to do with "what's IN RIGHT NOW and looking forward.

It happens ALL the time in the music industry, fashion industry, etc.. If you are label looking to sign the next Guns N Roses, you'll be out of a job in no time. No one signs rock bands. They sign young artists who perform pop songs.

Hopefully, Coach Jones can tweak the long hours he worked to pull the program up from its bottom. HC in the League will always be a demanding job, but turning around a failed program probably requires much more hard work than managing a successful program.

This seems to be another "rule" of English which is ignored by more than 95% of people who live in the U S today. Even most TV and Radio announcers frequently end sentences with prepositions and misuse the objective case.. Seems as if the U S version of English is fading away. Even words which sound alike are incorrectly used. And how about those who use loose when they mean to use lose? Don't get me started

21696-albums272-picture5594.jpg

Hopefully, Coach Jones can tweak the long hours he worked to pull the program up from its bottom. HC in the League will always be a demanding job, but turning around a failed program probably requires much more hard work than managing a successful program.

Butch, if someone told you making $4.5 million a yr was gonna be easy, they lied to you!

If I had been fortunate enough to inherit Dooley's mess, I would have probably aged 20. Thank God the last of his demons was excised when we had no players taken in the draft again this year. So glad we have a good coach and representative of the program again.

I am thankful to have CBJ on our side. Our program needed a steady hand right now. Temperamentally, professionally, and PR-wise, he was just the right fit at the right time IMHO. I had my doubts at times last year (FL game of course), but to see the way the team rallied and matured over the year to the point where they gave Alabama all they could handle and then some, I have confidence that great things are coming SOON.

VN Store

Back