Butch Jones Post Arky Presser

I made it through 1:57 seconds. Took the family to Disney this weekend. Had the good fortune to see MANY folks wandering around the park wearing UT gear. GO VOLS was the standard greeting. Haven't seen the game (DVR immediate erase once I am home) but damn it Butch you manged to screw up another weekend for me while hiding out in the happiest place on earth? SMH......

Reactions: 3 people
He may not get fired this year but I really doubt he joins the Big Orange Caravan next year either way. He lost Neylabd Stadium tonight - it is a shame to see our fans throwing debris at our head coach. It is horrible to see 50.000 fans leave 2 minutes to go on a four point game -- fans gave up and the players have too

Dobbs statement spoke volumes that he does not think we can beat Geoegia, but we will be here in the stadium anyway

He may not get fired this year but I really doubt he joins the Big Orange Caravan next year either way. He lost Neylabd Stadium tonight - it is a shame to see our fans throwing debris at our head coach. It is horrible to see 50.000 fans leave 2 minutes to go on a four point game -- fans gave up and the players have too

Dobbs statement spoke volumes that he does not think we can beat Geoegia, but we will be here in the stadium anyway

They threw stuff at jones?

picture-of-a-shifty-used-car-salesman.jpg
Butch and DeBord --- wheres Jancek ?

It is clear that injuries have impacted the defense and offense, Maggitt is probably the biggest loss on defense and North, Croom and Pig were more important than anyone realized.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Recite statistics..blahblahblah nobody cares. "Couldn''t stop em" Nobody cares.

He is no position to be a smart alek and acting all cocky with the reporters. He's getting 2 some mill a year to WIN football games and so far he is an epic failure.

There's no trophy for coming in top 5 in recruiting.

Gawd. I HATE this guy.

2 minutes to go and Arkansas has the ball ? -- you are as bad at clock management as the coaches are, come on dude

It's ridiculous how much leverage they give coaches in these contracts. I mean Jones should have been a straight 4 year deal with the buyout dropping by the 3rd year. 4 years is plenty. Oh now i remember we gave him a extension for a 7-6 season. Oh well we have a bad coach and a bad administration. We're pretty much screwed.

Last year fans were worried if he didn't get a raise and extension he would leave. Same fans calling that crazy now

Reactions: 2 people
Q: How do you get over this?

Butch: Well you keep working and win one of these games.

Welp, we're ****. If it takes an actual win to get over it, then it ain't ever happening. Butch Jones is a small time coach. He was likely even over his head at Cincinnati but just rode coattails long enough to get out of town.

Yup Butch ain't going anywhere this season.

Buying him out is the best thing to do nowJancek. After the debacle of the season, the bottom will drop out of his recruiting. If he usnt fired this season he is going to end up payed another couple of years to set the program back further. Fire him now while the talent is here to bring in a quality coach. If we wait 2- 3 years talent may not be here.

Why would recruits want to sign with a coach like Butch who is on the hot seat and it getting hotter.

Jmo

Well.....

typed out a long post but then deleted it.....

Jones continually says that he's the caretaker of UT football...well...with the exception of Coach Thigpen--

he's coaching more like an undertaker....

This program is on life-support.....Jones and Co. have a long way to go to convince anyone that they actually belong in the SEC....EXCEPT Coach Thig that is....

Seriously sick of the two UGA rejects.....and yes, EVEN if we beat UGA next week--those two clowns need to go.

GO VOLS!

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Use that extension money to buy commercials in Nashville or Austin.

They'll both be looking for a new coach. Maybe you can fool them too.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back