Butch Jones: Shy Tuttle will be ‘touch and go’ in practice

CRNqyUlWIAAHepZ.jpg

Kublanow is a POS. I hope he gets what's coming to him.:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
The worst part of that "block" was that he grabbed Tuttle by the jersey and pulled him back so he could get a shot at his leg. It was an intentional cheap shot. The SEC should have suspended him for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 8 people
If Shy would have played for Bama or someone like that, damn right it would have been a penalty. Tennessee doesn't have any luck with the refs apparentely. Hopefully that comes to an end this year.

Butch Jones: Shy Tuttle will be ?touch and go? in practice

"Shy Tuttle is progressing," Jones said. "He'll be limited in August camp. We have to do a great job of making sure he's in shape, but he's been cleared to run. He's worked exceptionally hard, but it's going to be touch and go every day. It's going to be how his body works to heal. Every day, we'll know a little something more. We anticipate him being ready for the first game, but we'll see how that goes."

Thanks, Brian Kublanow. I hope we paste the damn floors with the lot of them for that dirty hit.

Hoping the best for him. I'd rather him wait until he feels 100%.

Shy will be BACK...

And...he's TAKEN your girl, Z!!!

Bv7a8lQIMAAIyEw.jpg

Last edited:
Makes me sick they put that cheap shot GA o-lineman on first team SEC. I hope Shy goes after him with a vengeance.

That play still sickens me. Any sports writer, coach, or SID that could vote for him after seeing that play should be fired. Revenge is bad but warranted at times!

GO VOLS!!!

We have been talking about Vickers, O'Brien, and Kongbo, but any word on Butcher or even Picou?? I thought Picou came in as a DT, but was a little undersized last year, but shouldn't he be in the rotation by now? Thought Butcher was up to 285 now and was more of a hybrid instead of just DE...

We have been talking about Vickers, O'Brien, and Kongbo, but any word on Butcher or even Picou?? I thought Picou came in as a DT, but was a little undersized last year, but shouldn't he be in the rotation by now? Thought Butcher was up to 285 now and was more of a hybrid instead of just DE...

Hubbs discussed our DT rotation at length this morning. Discussed KMac and how much better he's expected to be...much better shape, much stronger, should be a "cog in the middle"

Discussed Tuttle and his progress. They're being cautious but they're optimistic and hope to get him back at 100% (he's nowhere near 100% right now) by early September.

Mentioned OBrien and "how much can Tennessee get from him".

Then talked awhile about Kongbo....at 285-287lbs, can he be a hybrid? Can he he slide down in certain packages and help their inside numbers/depth?

Finally, said Shoop may want to occasionally play a "rabbit package" on 3rd downs, slide Barnett down to DT in those situations.

Didn't mention Vickers or Picou, and surely didn't say anything about Butcher playing, much less at DT.

Hubbs discussed our DT rotation at length this morning. Discussed KMac and how much better he's expected to be...much better shape, much stronger, should be a "cog in the middle"

Discussed Tuttle and his progress. They're being cautious but they're optimistic and hope to get him back at 100% (he's nowhere near 100% right now) by early September.

Mentioned OBrien and "how much can Tennessee get from him".

Then talked awhile about Kongbo....at 285-287lbs, can he be a hybrid? Can he he slide down in certain packages and help their inside numbers/depth?

Finally, said Shoop may want to occasionally play a "rabbit package" on 3rd downs, slide Barnett down to DT in those situations.

Didn't mention Vickers or Picou, and surely didn't say anything about Butcher playing, much less at DT.

Rabbit package? That could be brutal, we have a lot of speed along the DL and LB.

Rabbit package? That could be brutal, we have a lot of speed along the DL and LB.

Imagine the speed/quickness from this potential front 7 with that package.....Phillips, Barnett, KMac, Kongbo, Taylor, JRM, DKJr. Not sure this would be the personnel in that package, but for crying out loud, how about the talent/ability/suddenness of that group on the field at same time?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Butch can find freshman tackle that can come in for one revenge play on Mr 54. I hope he gets snapped in half this year.....

Imagine the speed/quickness from this potential front 7 with that package.....Phillips, Barnett, KMac, Kongbo, Taylor, JRM, DKJr. Not sure this would be the personnel in that package, but for crying out loud, how about the talent/ability/suddenness of that group on the field at be time?

The possibilities are endless. I really hope we see Phillips healthy this year. He could be an asset on the DL. Supposedly he's got the speed to keep up with some of our skill guys. We all know our skill guys aren't slow.

VN Store

Back