Butch Jones: Shy Tuttle will be ‘touch and go’ in practice

We don't need King Tut until Florida. First few weeks are gonna be as easy as breakfast

Don't sleep on Tech. On paper we should cream them, on paper we should cream a lot of teams. Appalachian State we should handle business early and often. Ohio I feel the same way about, Tech is a different situation. They're more talented than anybody we have in those first 3 games and it'll be a totally different environment than what either team is used to. While I think we will win that game going away in the 4th quarter, it'll be a hard fought game and I hope we go into Florida 100%.

I would rather have Tuttle knock the rust off for a few games before just bringing him in against Florida. If he's able to go I would imagine the staff would slowly but surely break him in, there's practice shape and game shape. We want him in game shape come time for Florida to come to town.

Don't sleep on Tech. On paper we should cream them, on paper we should cream a lot of teams. Appalachian State we should handle business early and often. Ohio I feel the same way about, Tech is a different situation. They're more talented than anybody we have in those first 3 games and it'll be a totally different environment than what either team is used to. While I think we will win that game going away in the 4th quarter, it'll be a hard fought game and I hope we go into Florida 100%.

I would rather have Tuttle knock the rust off for a few games before just bringing him in against Florida. If he's able to go I would imagine the staff would slowly but surely break him in, there's practice shape and game shape. We want him in game shape come time for Florida to come to town.

they want him to have game reps prior to having to depend on him a lot in critical games. Will all depend on how his health continues to improve. His reps versus Florida will be dictated on how much and how effective he can be prior to Florida.

Reactions: 2 people
they want him to have game reps prior to having to depend on him a lot in critical games. Will all depend on how his health continues to improve. His reps versus Florida will be dictated on how much and how effective he can be prior to Florida.

Hopefully he's ready to go by Florida but if he's not I think we are deep enough to not miss much of a beat without him. We have to have one of the deepest DLs in the country.

No offense, but I'm sleeping on Tech. As in, "extra REM cycles cause I damn near OD'd on Ambien" type sleeping on Tech.

Reactions: 1 person
No offense, but I'm sleeping on Tech. As in, "extra REM cycles cause I damn near OD'd on Ambien" type sleeping on Tech.

I am picking up what you're putting down, KB. I think my biggest reasoning behind that statement is a new staff for them and the environment itself. Talent wise, you stick them on the field with us we would beat them 9/10 times.

I am picking up what you're putting down, KB. I think my biggest reasoning behind that statement is a new staff for them and the environment itself. Talent wise, you stick them on the field with us we would beat them 9/10 times.

Gotcha brother. You never know, but I'm thinking Tech is a sleep number bed equipped with a MyPilliw and I'm out cold inside of 2 minutes.

Gotcha brother. You never know, but I'm thinking Tech is a sleep number bed equipped with a MyPilliw and I'm out cold inside of 2 minutes.

I'm OK with it if it plays out that way. I could stand not having to be on pins and for every important game this season. Lol my liver would appreciate it as well.

Rabbit package? That could be brutal, we have a lot of speed along the DL and LB.

<blue font> Rabbitt package?!? Urban dictionary says that's a sex act comprised of a Dirty Sanchez while drinking a Mountain Dew. You nasty! lol

Imagine the speed/quickness from this potential front 7 with that package.....Phillips, Barnett, KMac, Kongbo, Taylor, JRM, DKJr. Not sure this would be the personnel in that package, but for crying out loud, how about the talent/ability/suddenness of that group on the field at same time?
Can you imagine that 7 and running multiple stunts at one Mr, Kublanow? I fully expect him on the ground every play at UGA with an elbow in his throat ... at the minimum.

Rabbit package? That could be brutal, we have a lot of speed along the DL and LB.

Sounds like a good opportunity to go 3-3-5, and put in Sapp as the 3rd LB and forman at the nickel. Make it appear that we are dropping into coverage and then blitz Forman, JRM and Sapp. All the other four DBs and DKjr have to do is play zone and watch the QB get massacred.

On second, I'm sure Shoop Dogg had it covered. He has what his colleagues like to call, "an embarrassment of riches," at his disposal.

Imagine the speed/quickness from this potential front 7 with that package.....Phillips, Barnett, KMac, Kongbo, Taylor, JRM, DKJr. Not sure this would be the personnel in that package, but for crying out loud, how about the talent/ability/suddenness of that group on the field at same time?

I think Sapp is gonna be a contributor in the speed packages. A lot like the way they tried to use Weathered. Except I think Sapp is more versatile and has a higher ceiling.

We haven't seen this type of depth at LB since Chavis was in orange. Being able to redshift high quality talent like Butuli and Blakely, while also having guys like Sapp, Bryant, and Bates for depth is a luxury. After one more cycle, losing Bynum/Jumper and hopefully gaining Foster, we will have a complete and really nasty LB core.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good opportunity to go 3-3-5, and put in Sapp as the 3rd LB and forman at the nickel. Make it appear that we are dropping into coverage and then blitz Forman, JRM and Sapp. All the other four DBs and DKjr have to do is play zone and watch the QB get massacred.

On second, I'm sure Shoop Dogg had it covered. He has what his colleagues like to call, "an embarrassment of riches," at his disposal.

I'll be honest, I've not seen enough of Shoop to make an honest assessment other than I know the talent he's had to work with in the past is no where near what he has here and as you said, here, he has an embarrassment of riches. This defense, if Shoop lives up to the billing, can be very special. He has so much talent here it's not even funny.

Butch Jones: Shy Tuttle will be ?touch and go? in practice

"Shy Tuttle is progressing," Jones said. "He'll be limited in August camp. We have to do a great job of making sure he's in shape, but he's been cleared to run. He's worked exceptionally hard, but it's going to be touch and go every day. It's going to be how his body works to heal. Every day, we'll know a little something more. We anticipate him being ready for the first game, but we'll see how that goes."

O'Brian, Vickers, and Kongbo are going to have to carry the load till King Tut is 100% I expect Shy to be back to his old self around October.

Meaning he will play some snap against TECH

VN Store

Back