Butch Press Conference today

Well...tweet #3 is certainly concerning!

I've not attended any practices, but I would say Kendrick and Robertson at LT is almost certainly about creating depth in an injury situation. You have to practice worst-case scenarios to be prepared.

Same thing with Dormady getting reps w/ 1s earlier in camp. He has to be ready at any given moment to play.

Love how Butch uses words to give vague answers. "These guys will be available to play" so uhh coach are they playing or are they not playing?

I'll translate his coach speak.

Reporter: are we going to see these guys play on Thursday?
Butch: When Sutton houses a punt with 10 minutes left in the 4th giving us a 31 point lead then I plan on letting these 3 guys get some snaps.
Reporter: But what if it's only a 7-17 point lead in the 4th?
Butch: then I'm going to leave our starters out there and not play the guys that aren't up to game speed/conditioning yet

I'm assuming Tuttle and Johnson will play limited roles... not wanting to overwork Tuttle too early, and Johnson's conditioning still needs work, but this is a great game to test each and see how both will do live.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm assuming Tuttle and Johnson will play limited roles... not wanting to overwork Tuttle too early, and Johnson's conditioning still needs work, but this is a great game to test each and see how both will do live.

It sounds like Tuttle is full go.

It's being reported that "Third Down for What" is being replaced by "Turn Down for What".

Carry on.

What's blowing my mind is that Butch doesn't put players in the field who are not ready to play. If anything he is overly cautious. I'm watching this man evolve before my eyes though. He is more confident then I've ever seen him... All the way back to central Michigan. He now is excited to put freshman and new talent on the field, where as in the past he would never put someone on the field if he did not know how they would perform. The sec is changing him.

Yeah.

Hopefully its just for creating depth.

They just need to put Richmond there as the starter and let him grow.

I think they are just doing what they do as far as players being able to play multiple positions. Got to be prepared for a possible injury to Richmond.

Most people do. Or at least most people do it at the games. It's a really easy way to get LOUD.

But apparently the cool thing is to say you don't like it.
5b3d04a84f6f71bd99a458495d2f54a5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9prNixjbg&list=RD_n9prNixjbg#t=84

Reactions: 1 person
Agree. Hard to imagine they really want Tatum as #2 LT from a physical perspective. Needs a year in weight room.

Tells you how much coaches think about Tatum, by including him in the 2 deep.....and he's a true frosh

Most people do. Or at least most people do it at the games. It's a really easy way to get LOUD.

But apparently the cool thing is to say you don't like it.

Woo is underrated. For those that are anti-woo just say boom and there you go. For those that think boom is overused and don't like woo, just yell hey.

Sounds like 3rd down for what is gone. Will fans know what to do? Get loud from punt to punt.

It sounds like the team is ready, I know I'm ready to see.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back