Butch to Talk on OC Serach

"A fit"..."experience coaching multiple positions". "Enhance but don't go backwards". "Not have our kids learn a new system"

The game plan on game day is a group effort from everyone on offense

Also of Note Phillip Fulmer helped in the OC search...Fulmer almost hired DeBord as an OC

Radio guy says he knows that 1 interview was finished and that about 3 more were left and he expects an announcement by Wednesday. This was after the interview was over.

Reactions: 1 person
That's because he's not going to use DeBord's system.

Any OC he brings in will use the current system. That's why current OCs probably aren't viable candidates, IMO. Not many will throw their playbooks in the trash to come here.

I guess we took different things away from the conversation. I just don't see it.

However, he did mention DeBord, Gruden, Manning and Fulmer. Freak out!

Butch was asked if he has any mentors. He did mention Rich Rod, DeBord and even Gruden. Said he has also talking with Fulmer, Manning and Gruden about this job opening

I think he tipped his hand that he had him giving advice, not to offer a job.

Reactions: 3 people
I guess we took different things away from the conversation. I just don't see it.

However, he did mention DeBord, Gruden, Manning and Fulmer. Freak out!

He said he wants someone who has experience coaching multiple positions and who can enhance the offense without changing it fundamentally.

That, along with the comments about finding the right fit with the staff, screams DeBord to me.

Reactions: 2 people
Such a weak interview. Looks like he was indirectly trying to explain why he will hire DeBord. Not exactly reassuring.

Reactions: 2 people
Fulmer probably told him that not hiring DeBord killed his own career.

Looking back at it Clawson didn't run what CPF did and he tried to fit it in...Probably told Jones don't overhaul your offense and find the right fit for your team

Reactions: 3 people
Such a weak interview. Looks like he was indirectly trying to explain why he will hire DeBord. Not exactly reassuring.

Thats the feeling I got. Saying "the outisde likes hot names but we want fit" screams Debord

The part about coaching multiple positions and having experience calling plays and being an OC does lead me to believe that Azzani is certainly out.

VN Store

Back