Cal to Arkansas

Oats feels like the no brainer, but again it kind of circles back to the conversation we have had the past couple weeks. This is a different era of college basketball. Only reason Oats would go to Kentucky is ego, which he clearly has. It’s not like money will be substantially better. Alabama can pay top dollar. And Oats hasn’t exactly had trouble getting talent to Alabama either.

Oats may end up being the guy, but wouldn’t surprise me if he said no.

Texas fans were happy to be rid of Rick Barnes. Then we hired him and now we have a better program than they do.

This is not a lock to be a win for Kentucky. And Cal getting a fresh start at still a very good basketball job like Arkansas could be dangerous.

This feels like Jimbo to A&M. Crazy that Arkansas got turned down by two coaches yesterday and they hire what looks like a washed Calipari with one NCAA T win in the current decade and are gonna pay him 9 million dollars a year.

My UK friends are talking about Jay Wright as a replacement. Hope not, was hoping we’d knock on that door when barnes retires

This feels like Jimbo to A&M. Crazy that Arkansas got turned down by two coaches yesterday and they hire what looks like a washed Calipari with one NCAA T win in the current decade and are gonna pay him 9 million dollars a year.
Somewhere, mebbe in the deep bowels of WalMart money (et al) , they've decided to no longer be the laughing stock of the SEC...at something relevant.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Jay Wright left coaching because he said he hated what the transfer portal and NIL have done to the sport and the recruiting calendar. He isn’t leaving his comfy commentary gig to take on a pressure cooker job at UK where portal and NIL are going to be mandatory for success.

If Oates goes to UK, well, at least I'm happy with anything that screws up bama.
Losing St Nick and Not a Quaker Oats in the same year and recently their baseball coach sounds great.

Ps: if Cal goes to Arky, I think he'll beat the kittens more often than they expect

VN Store

Back