Caldwell will be a star

Until she loses against certain SEC teams, then the shine will disappear. Wish her the best. Be ready for vicious fans.
We have a high high standard here fo sho. And we should. But allowing CHW to go as long as she did, and giving Kellie 6 years w underperforming teams says that we're not trigger happy. Although to be fair, those 2 are beloved ex-players that may have gotten a little extra leash due to it.

We have a high high standard here fo sho. And we should. But allowing CHW to go as long as she did, and giving Kellie 6 years w underperforming teams says that we're not trigger happy. Although to be fair, those 2 are beloved ex-players that may have gotten a little extra leash due to it.
Amen. I wish no ill will on either of them, but it’s time to get this program back where it belongs - competing for Final Fours and national championships year-in and year-out.

Give us some insight on her CJ. I don’t know much her. You are around a lot of basketball. What can we look forward to.
My insight here is less about Coach Kim as a potential and more about the opportunity itself being filled with potential from all points...It is the very definition of win-win

If Coach Kim is a success-win
If she is not, we have opened the door beyond the TN coaching tree-win
If she keeps Coach Sam and they have a huge get in the 25 class-win

...No one knows who the next Kim, Geno, Pat, Kim will be,,,but there will be someone who will follow these and accomplish feats we thought would never be topped.

But none of these feats were topped until a chance was given for it to happen

5 years not 6 years.

I watched a couple of Marshall games this year (Thank you ESPN+)
On defense, they generally full court pressed after a made basket. Players are only in for 4-5 minutes before 5 new players are substituted in.
On offense, the ball is constantly pushed upcourt. They would often pull up for a 3 on the break. They took a lot of 3's.
It made for entertaining and winning basketball at the Sun Belt level.
Imo, there would have to be an almost complete change, in the current LV roster, for that style of play to be effective in the SEC.
I copied a post I made, on this forum, after the Sun Belt championship game. It will give you some idea of how the game was played.
See below:

The Marshall- James Madison Sun Belt championship game was exciting. Here are just some of the incredible stats from that game.
Marshall took 99 field goal attempts of which 46 were 3's (James Madison only 53 fga's). Yet the game went into overtime. Marshall had 33 offensive rebounds. James Madison committed 39 turnovers !!

Amen. I wish no ill will on either of them, but it’s time to get this program back where it belongs - competing for Final Fours and national championships year-in and year-out.
How about we also focus on getting the quality of serious Lady Vol Fans back to the levels they were as Pat led them to the top of sport. The ones that SUPPORTED Pat, staff and players with season ticket purchases, dressed to the nines in gear, and adorned their vehicles with flags and magnets. Those that appreciated the good times, suffflered in the bad times, but did so with class and dignity. Nothing dignified with multiple low class attacks, and prognostications, many in serial fashion since our AD made his selection. Could not wait for a loss or actual act to apply their free speech rights to. Not calling for blind Pollyanna level celebrations either.

There is a giant grey area to stay in till we see what our AD cobbled together to provide resources to get the athletic abilities back to the level of class and character and dedication to academics that has been sustained throughout the post Pat years. For that we can be thankful, especially that our new coach seems to value those too. I am glad she is proud of having won the award bearing PHS’s name. Success or not IS ALL TBD, and I mean ALL.

VN Store

Back