Can a coach with little orange and no Rocky Top succeed?

I guess if you want to jump to conclusions, you could speculate that she made a mistake by coming here and doesnt appreciate it like an Orange Blood would.

OR

On the contrary, I would assume most people don't wear orange routinely unless their team has orange in the colors. I also think maybe she just doesn't want to sing in public. Not everyone does. Maybe she doesn't like how her voice sounds or maybe she cant carry a tune in a bucket. My brother doesn't sing ever because he is completely tone deaf.

The Blue sweater she wore was the color in the Lady Vols Unis. Geeze some people .........

I do see where you are coming from but, CKC not wanting to belt out Rocky Top seems like something that would be pretty low on recruits' priority lists. Interestingly, the supposed "problem" Kellie had with recruits is that she put too much emphasis on a legacy that 18 year olds and their families saw as being way less important than NIL packages, being national contenders, and having a system which would let them shine.

Honestly, if the biggest negative recruiting narrative about CKC is that she can't sing Rocky Top, I think all will be fine....

She probably can't sing, and based on the sound of her voice, i'd say that's true. Singers talk in a melodic manner. Welp, She is very monotone. SO WHAT? Alls we want is a coach. Kellie Harper couldn't sing either. Pat Summitt could barely get Rocky Top out.

For all the great players Pat Summitt coached her track record of players as Head Coaches is abysmal

Don't give a dam about singing wearing orange or anything but WIN BABY WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW she was wearing a Summit Blue jacket. So THERE. TAKE THAT!!!!

Reactions: mcannon1
She is going to be the coach of the Lady Vols - she needs to embrace the traditions of the university. Part of that is Tennessee Orange and Rocky Top. She doesn't have to wear orange day in and day out and neither does she have to sing the song if she can't sing.

I did not see the clip but obviously someone at UT thought it shed her in a light that would rub a lot of the fan base in the wrong way - so they removed it.

She is young and not sure she really understands what the SEC is really like in terms of the passion within the fan base. If she wants the Tennessee fans to embrace her, she also needs to embrace them by embracing their traditions.

Jeez. She's only been in town 20 minutes and some apparently think she should already have a closetful of nothing but Lady Vol/Tennessee gear????? And be prepared to song "Rocky Top" on stage at, what, The Grand Ol ' Opry???!

People just look for something to criticize for sport. These types of people are the ones I put on IGNORE on this board.
There are more than a few of them who post on this board.

The people that really think she would in any way down the song Rocky Top are so pathetic not even worth talking about. She was totally talking about her singing and I'm sure if she knew it was going to cause a situation like this she would have warbled off a verse of two. That is why Tennessee can never have nice things they are so butt hurt about the most simple things.

Wow we are still talking about singing rocky top and her color choice for a blazer? Hopefully some recruiting news will kill this thread.

The people that really think she would in any way down the song Rocky Top are so pathetic not even worth talking about. She was totally talking about her singing and I'm sure if she knew it was going to cause a situation like this she would have warbled off a verse of two. That is why Tennessee can never have nice things they are so butt hurt about the most simple things.

Even I know that is true.

;) We are way over thinking this. My guess is she'll have plenty of orange Tennessee gear in short order and after she attends the first football game this fall, she'll know most of the words to Rocky Top by osmosis. I mean, my 4 year old grandson can sing it (no woo).

If she came out in a black jacket with a Power T pin the blue hairs would've complained that she didn't have a LVs pin. If she came out in an orange jacket with a LV pin they'd have complained she didn't wear enough Summitt blue.

She came out in a Summitt blue blazer with a Lady Vols pin and orange Vols necklace and the complaint is she didn't represent enough orange??? Also, do you think she owned an orange or blue jacket prior to last week? Zero chance. Danny White almost certainly and specifically picked that jacket for her and had to tailored in short order for the press conference.

And I don't give a crap if she never learns the words to Rocky Top as long as these girls start going back to the Final Four. Y'all are just digging and digging for reasons to hate this new coach.

Sounds like Lee Ann Womack's "I'll Think Of. Reason Later"

I didn't see the interview before it was removed. So I don't know - I suspect like you that is what she was talking about - but if that is the case not sure why it was removed so fast. Makes no sense.

VN Store

Back