Car Insurance Question

I think a lot of this depends on membership tiers.

They opened the requirements for membership up a lot, and I think they got overwhelmed by the numbers.
I’m aware. That’s where they f’d up (and when it went downhil).

And they waste money on Gronk instead of it putting towards members.

*I’ve been a member since I first enlisted. I’m now retired. The only thing I still have with USAA is a credit card. ONLY because it’s my oldest account.

Reactions: VolNExile
I’m aware. That’s where they f’d up (and when it went downhil).

And they waste money on Gronk instead of it putting towards members.

*I’ve been a member since I first enlisted. I’m now retired. The only thing I still have with USAA is a credit card. ONLY because it’s my oldest account.
It is possible that my biggest complaint with USAA is that damn song while on hold. (And on the commercials, but I generally don’t watch TV so IDC)

Reactions: YankeeVol
Could you share more? Who did you have before, why did you switch to Amica, have you had any claims? etc

I’ve been with USAA since the early 70’s (CIC level - officer’s dependent), and I’ve been very happy, but I’ve also heard wonderful things about Amica, and they send me offers every month. (They also pull a soft inquiry on my credit reports, Experian I think, so they must be happy there.) All insurance companies, without exception, have rate creep, unless and until you push back.

I’m considering getting quotes from both and seeing how USAA responds, but I don’t want to burn a 50+ year relationship.
Had Allstate before. No problems, but my agent( a goodf riend) told me they had started getting difficult when it came to paying claims.

Amica paid for hail damage. New roof, gutters, garage door. Good experience/

Reactions: VolNExile
Not trying to blame you, but rental coverage is an optional and adjustable amount on your policy. Either your agent didn't match your vehicle type, or you opted for something cheaper. It's either on the Farm Bureau agent (which if so, you should get a new one asap), or it's on you. It's not on Farm Bureau. They're just honoring what you agreed to and signed.
Or rental rates have gone up since the policy was written, who knows. I’m pretty much over it. No doubt I’m probably getting what I agreed to, but my agent “is” Farm Bureau” to me. Not sure I could shop rates agent to agent.

VN Store

Back