Chris Weatherd Called Finebaum

I'm sure they speak well in Deep Springs. Your post is the definition of irony.

Typing on the go is a little different than stuttering and mumbling. I was impressed with Chris. The short reply suggest that your vocabulary might be limited btw. See how easy it is to take shots behind a text pad or keyboard? We both can play that immature game.
:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 2 people
I think Finebaum was pleased to hear from a current player for a major program, but you could kind of tell that he was thinking, "Shouldn't this guy be in class.. or the weight room... or training for next season... instead of calling radio shows." I love Weatherd and he will be a stud for us...but it's almost like one of those scenarios where if you have time to call a radio show and wait to get on the air, you have time to be training for next season. All of this talk about the Vols and Butch is great...and I'm absolutely loving the hype...but please, dear God, let's back it up on the field this next season, or this site will melt down.

I think Finebaum was pleased to hear from a current player for a major program, but you could kind of tell that he was thinking, "Shouldn't this guy be in class.. or the weight room... or training for next season... instead of calling radio shows." I love Weatherd and he will be a stud for us...but it's almost like one of those scenarios where if you have time to call a radio show and wait to get on the air, you have time to be training for next season. All of this talk about the Vols and Butch is great...and I'm absolutely loving the hype...but please, dear God, let's back it up on the field this next season, or this site will melt down.

Now THAT is a low bar. We could win a Natty and this site will meltdown over something.

Reactions: 3 people

I think you're overreacting a little. People have down time and Chris chose to use his to call into a show and support his coach and team. I get nothing but positive vibes from it.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm not really overreacting. I was glad to hear what he had to say. I appreciate the positive vibes swirling around about Volnation, and I love Weatherd. I've been pumped about him since he committed. I felt like he was a sleeper in last year's class. But, it could be interpreted as "not a good look". I remember being a music major in college and not having a terrible amount of down time... I can't imagine being a major D1 college football player. I realize these guys have down time every now and then, and I hope they enjoy it... it just seems like calling into a sports radio talk show is what guys like us on Volnation do...not something that a man training to win an SEC Championship and play in the NFL someday just sits around and does. But hey, that's just my opinion, and like buttholes, we all have one and most of them are full of crap. lol

I think it just caught him off guard. He's used to the calls coming in being from people he can make fun of or lead along to get the results he's looking for. Having an actual player call in was not what he was expecting. He didn't have questions/comments prepared for that.

Had he known ahead of time that it was Chris Weathered, I would bet that it would have been a really good interview.

I don't like Finebaum, but I'm guessing he would have done a pretty good job had he been ready for it.

Reactions: 3 people
It's all good to me. Chris did a good job repping the program and Finebaum is coming around to the program. If he keeps it up Saban may start feeling jilted.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not really overreacting. I was glad to hear what he had to say. I appreciate the positive vibes swirling around about Volnation, and I love Weatherd. I've been pumped about him since he committed. I felt like he was a sleeper in last year's class. But, it could be interpreted as "not a good look". I remember being a music major in college and not having a terrible amount of down time... I can't imagine being a major D1 college football player. I realize these guys have down time every now and then, and I hope they enjoy it... it just seems like calling into a sports radio talk show is what guys like us on Volnation do...not something that a man training to win an SEC Championship and play in the NFL someday just sits around and does. But hey, that's just my opinion, and like buttholes, we all have one and most of them are full of crap. lol
Give me a break. Don't give advice about how to train to someone who managed to be on full scholarship at Tennessee. Would seem he has his act together.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure I gave advice, but thanks for playing. I never once made it seem as though I could give any D1 college player any training advice, as I would imagine you couldn't either. I was just giving an opinion. Really wish you could read comments better before posting..is that asking too much?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I gave advice, but thanks for playing. I never once made it seem as though I could give any D1 college player any training advice, as I would imagine you couldn't either. I was just giving an opinion. Really wish you could read comments better before posting..is that asking too much?

Could be that Chris was between classes or maybe his class didn't start until later. Many reasons he could have been free at that time. Even in in a D1 athletic program...just because your not in class, does not mean you have to be working out.

I'm purely just guessing here, but I would bet that he works out pretty early in the morning. More than likely while most are either still in bed or just waking up.

On the show today he said yesterday when the Tennessee player called he didn't hear him very well and wasn't really sure who he was because of that. He cleared it up today and thanked him for calling.

On the show today he said yesterday when the Tennessee player called he didn't hear him very well and wasn't really sure who he was because of that. He cleared it up today and thanked him for calling.

I wondered about that. Had Paul actually heard his name clearly, he would have known exactly who it was. As it was, he looked unsure. Almost like he was trying to tread lightly, in case it was a hoax.

I would like to see Finebaum actually parachute into Knoxville.

Hopefully would land in the Kiffin Sewage Treatment Plant on Neyland Drive. But then again he would probably be just another one of those floaters that would be difficult to flush.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbaXxRYeFc[/youtube]

Not the best audio as I had to record it with my phone but I was surprised to hear/see the call.

That's awesome coming from a guy that actually didn't get as much playing time as he probably expected to last season.. I look for him to have a major impact this year.

People's voices don't always provide clues about them. I was born and raised in the South and many people have told me that I don't "sound like I am from the South."

What i find hard to believe is Finebaum claiming he didn't hear the callers name. Heck, with the 2 satellite dishes for ears on the side of his head, that ole dirtbag should hear people getting fat! JMO

VN Store

Back