Chris Weatherd Called Finebaum

People's voices don't always provide clues about them. I was born and raised in the South and many people have told me that I don't "sound like I am from the South."

If you really want your mind blown, race is a man made concept utilized for organizational purposes. Genetic differences are minute between any of the races.

One bit of evidence is that sickle cell...is not a disease that affects only "black" folks. It is actually the result of having a family tree which at one time was exposed to an area of the world with exposure to malaria.

One bit of evidence is that sickle cell...is not a disease that affects only "black" folks. It is actually the result of having a family tree which at one time was exposed to an area of the world with exposure to malaria.

That's interesting. I'll have to read a bit about it. Would that make American Indians from the southern tribes potential victims of the disease? I assume it isn't an issue for "whites" whose families have lived in a malaria prone region for a few hundred years because that wouldn't be sufficient time.

I love it when people call Halerin's show and accuse him of being racist saying a white guy has no business talking about black issues the way he does.

Some guy did that to Chris Treece too. I remember some guy called in blasting him and it was a day when he had a former teammate on with him. The teammate paused and said Uhhh Chris you're still black right?? Lol it was hilarious as the caller was like ohhhh... I thought you were white my bad.

Last edited:
If you really want your mind blown, race is a man made concept utilized for organizational purposes. Genetic differences are minute between any of the races.

anthropology disagrees

F***balm had NO IDEA who Chris Weatherd is. What a goof. Some UT fan.

The volume was low and Chris spoke very softly.
I wasn't sure I heard him say he was a player until he mentioned being a juco transfer...and knowing our roster I then figured that "Chris from Knoxille" was Weatherd.

Still surprised he called.
Would think Butch has a rule against that?

I wasn't sure I heard him say he was a player until he mentioned being a juco transfer...and knowing our roster I then figured that "Chris from Knoxille" was Weatherd.

Butch said we don't ****ing do that. I'm going to ****ing kill you

Reactions: 1 person

My first thought... I wonder what Coach has to say about all this.

I see two possibilities.

1) "Young man that's not how we do things at Tennessee and here's why..." aka the fatherly approach.

2) "Son of a bleepin bleepin bleepity bleep you stupid bleep. If you ever pull this again I'll bleep you up. Understand?"

Hope for 1 but 2 wouldn't suprise me.

Butch said we don't ****ing do that. I'm going to ****ing kill you

My first thought... I wonder what Coach has to say about all this.

I see two possibilities.

1) "Young man that's not how we do things at Tennessee and here's why..." aka the fatherly approach.

2) "Son of a bleepin bleepin bleepity bleep you stupid bleep. If you ever pull this again I'll bleep you up. Understand?"

Hope for 1 but 2 wouldn't suprise me.

I don't know if there is a rule against it or not but everything he said felt completely honest and every bit of it was absolutely positive. Not one negative word or comment about Butch, the program, or TN and it didn't feel like he called to promote himself either. Just a good, honest guy complimenting his coach and team. JMO

I don't know if there is a rule against it or not but everything he said felt completely honest and every bit of it was absolutely positive. Not one negative word or comment about Butch, the program, or TN and it didn't feel like he called to promote himself either. Just a good, honest guy complimenting his coach and team. JMO

I don't think the kid did anything wrong. He seems to like radio shows. Iirc he called both Ainge and Swain when they were on TSR to give updates about his status when he was trying to get cleared by the 'AA.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxxNEPXlTo[/youtube]

You can use this to see if it is the same voice. All vol baby!

Last edited:
I think Finebaum was pleased to hear from a current player for a major program, but you could kind of tell that he was thinking, "Shouldn't this guy be in class.. or the weight room... or training for next season... instead of calling radio shows." I love Weatherd and he will be a stud for us...but it's almost like one of those scenarios where if you have time to call a radio show and wait to get on the air, you have time to be training for next season. All of this talk about the Vols and Butch is great...and I'm absolutely loving the hype...but please, dear God, let's back it up on the field this next season, or this site will melt down.

I think it was more that he caught Finebaum off guard. I think if he would have had a heads-up, he would have had questions prepared. Either way, Chris sounded like a nice young man who loves playing for Tennessee and CBJ. Gotta agree with you about the hype.

Yeah, Chris did fine. His only mistake was assuming Finebaum would recognize him by name alone, cold. And that was possibly on Finebaum's producer who initially took the call -- if Chris told that person he was a Tennessee football player. The producer clearly didn't pass any info on to Finebaum other than "Chris from Knoxville" (and may have gotten a scolding after the show for failing to alert Finebaum). Chris handled himself well, showed selflessness and great loyalty to the program, his teammates, and the coaches.

He might get a little talking to for breaking a team rule about coordinating public appearances through the press office, but that ought to be tempered by how he handled himself. Good kid, heart in the right place.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back