Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I’m retired, now, and on a budget. The online deals that I’ve learned about from the thread regulars has allowed me to continue to enjoy premium cigars. A tip of my hat to you all.

Reactions: Nkyvolfan
I’m retired, now, and on a budget. The online deals that I’ve learned about from the thread regulars has allowed me to continue to enjoy premium cigars. A tip of my hat to you all.
Not retired yet but still watch my spending. I got turned on to online deals from this thread as well and pretty much only shop that way now.

Reactions: Tin Man
I finally got around to the m81. It’s been in my humidor for a couple of weeks I think. Toro, about 1.5 hours to smoke. Good not great imo. Started out very strong bodied. I’d say earthy tones, kinda tastes like the woods smell in spring and fall (I personally enjoy that).
Mellowed into a creamier smoke for the middle third and finished back to the strong earthly tones and maybe coffee ish. Good burn throughout, needed no touch ups. Good aroma.
Enjoyed near the pool with bottles of ice cold water and the sound of the pool fountains. What a great afternoon!
IMG_9097.jpeg

IMG_9098.jpegIMG_9099.jpeg

This morning, I’m trying an El Rey del Mundo Oscuro robusto. It comes wrapped in thin white paper with the band outside. The cigar wrapper is not as dark as other oscuros I’ve tried. It is an oily aged/cured leaf. First impression - nutty, woody, with a hint of sweetness, medium-full body, good draw, burning smoothly through the first third.
IMG_2069.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg

This morning, I’m trying an El Rey del Mundo Oscuro robusto. It comes wrapped in thin white paper with the band outside. The cigar wrapper is not as dark as other oscuros I’ve tried. It is an oily aged/cured leaf. First impression - nutty, woody, with a hint of sweetness, medium-full body, good draw, burning smoothly through the first third.
View attachment 639383
View attachment 639384
Looks delicious.

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back