Coach Bajakian on Worley:

If you look at replay there is a good angle that showed an open receiver in back left corner. Everybody keeps saying how tough Worsley is. The throw was the result if him making a bad decision due to having the yips.

I would like to see your a$$ back there taking just a few of the licks that Worley took. My impression is that all of the negs about Worley would take one and be on the bench laying down.

Nuff said!!

Worley played his heart out.

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person
What BAJAKIEN should have said. In that 3rd and 2 at 4. Totally my fault. Even if we still throw on that down. I'm retarded for not lining a running back up to give defense something else to think about and Worley a safety valve so doesn't have to force a throw. And most importantly I should always run the ball in that situation. Shame on me for that knockout blow I caused our team that Justin would be blamed for.

This x100.

The job of a coordinator is to craft an offense and call plays from the selection of what has been practiced to put his players in the best position to succeed. Obviously this is attacking the other team based on personnel, conditioning, etc. That's bajakians job.

Could Worley have made a better decision on the goal-line INT? Sure. Should Bajakian have ever gone with a wide set on the 4 yard line? No. That INT is on Bajakian.

And the other INT was not on Worley in any conceivable fashion. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: 2 people
Heaven forbid Mike Bigeastian puts Worley, or any other offensive player, in a situation to be successful. The countdown is on to when he mercifully leaves Knoxville and back to whatever God-awful conference takes him.

I can't believe I missed this.

Bajakian just put a lot more red in his ledger with these comments about Worley.

He made the two bonehead play calls that cost us giving Ok a major scare. He is trying to shoehorn Worley into this offense instead of adapting to personnel for the short term.

All I know is he has a showdown with Kurt Roper in three weeks and he better win it.
Or what? What are you going to do if we lose? Fire Jake? I know. You'll put in your resume and take over playcalling because your threats are to be taken seriously. I shudder in my Underoos at this very moment.

Or what? What are you going to do if we lose? Fire Jake? I know. You'll put in your resume and take over playcalling because your threats are to be taken seriously. I shudder in my Underoos at this very moment.

What has 'Jake' done to make you think, specifically, that he has the slightest of a clue? Is it the development of QBs that is just stellar? Or is it the ability to draw up that perfect play for the defense?

I don't know why so many people are so adamant that we should have run on that fateful 3rd and 2. I can definitely buy that we should have had a RB back there, but to be so adamant that we should have run it when our OL was getting obliterated the entire game doesn't make much sense to me. I didn't see anything prior to that that suggested that was a situation where we line up and say, "Our line is going to beat your line for the first down right here". Maybe it's just me though.

I know we were the underdog on the road and you take your shots in that situation, but 27-13 would have been a fair outcome to that drive assuming we didnt convert. 27-13 is a two possession game just as much as 27-17 would be. So, yeah, pound the rock and take the points IMO. But easy to say when you know the alternative was a deflating game-icing pick 6.

Proud of our guys either way and not so down on the play calling. That was just a punch in the gut...

The job of a coordinator is to craft an offense and call plays from the selection of what has been practiced to put his players in the best position to succeed. Obviously this is attacking the other team based on personnel, CO nditioning, etc. That's bajakians job.

Could Worley have made a better decision on the goal-line INT? Sure. Should Bajakian have ever gone with a wide set on the 4 yard line? No. That INT is on Bajakian.

And the other INT was not on Worley in any conceivable fashion. I'll leave it at that.

Your first paragraph directly contradicts your reasoning through the rest of the post. You think the team doesn't practice quick hitting passes on the goal line? You really think this was the first time Worley has ever run that play? And as far as scheming against personnel of the defense, do you honestly think it would have been better to run against a box 8 front with all American D line and backers vs our undersized freshman o line? Did you happen to see the other times we got inside the 10 yard line and tried to run the ball? We netted 1 yard on those carries combined. What makes you think we were going to get 2 tards against that front by running?

Your first paragraph directly contradicts your reasoning through the rest of the post. You think the team doesn't practice quick hitting passes on the goal line? You really think this was the first time Worley has ever run that play? And as far as scheming against personnel of the defense, do you honestly think it would have been better to run against a box 8 front with all American D line and backers vs our undersized freshman o line? Did you happen to see the other times we got inside the 10 yard line and tried to run the ball? We netted 1 yard on those carries combined. What makes you think we were going to get 2 tards against that front by running?

Not real sure what this team practices at this point.

If you think going 4 wide is the answer there, then no point in continuing on. At some point Bigeastian has to give our backs the ability to run downhill and challenge a young OL to put a hat on someone and drive them off the ball.

Our lack of yardage is not an OL personnel issue solely. It's a scheme issue moreso.

Not real sure what this team practices at this point.

If you think going 4 wide is the answer there, then no point in continuing on. At some point Bigeastian has to give our backs the ability to run downhill and challenge a young OL to put a hat on someone and drive them off the ball.

Our lack of yardage is not an OL personnel issue solely. It's a scheme issue moreso.

You are a joke.

Reactions: 4 people
This time last year,everybody on here was calling for Worley's head.

I don't understand this either. After the first quarter Worley should have figured out that he does not have much time to get rid of the ball. That was the big reason he was benched last year for the Florida game. He held the ball and took sacks. Another knock to his abilities was that he needed to read defenses better. Last but not least was his lack of mobility and knowing when to keep the ball on the read option. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Sure if he had 4 seconds to throw the ball he could get the ball to the right receiver but he did not have 4 seconds. Being a tackling dummy does not make you tough and getting back up does not make you a fighter unless you land a punch or two.

I don't think anyone is calling for his head this year because he might be our best option. We saw the other 2 play last year. Given our OL situation I think we win 7 not 8 this year with Worley at the helm.

Your first paragraph directly contradicts your reasoning through the rest of the post. You think the team doesn't practice quick hitting passes on the goal line? You really think this was the first time Worley has ever run that play? And as far as scheming against personnel of the defense, do you honestly think it would have been better to run against a box 8 front with all American D line and backers vs our undersized freshman o line? Did you happen to see the other times we got inside the 10 yard line and tried to run the ball? We netted 1 yard on those carries combined.

An RB release into the middle would have worked perfectly. To be honest, I despise going wide sets against fast defenses with a very short field. Even the Broncos themselves struggle with wide sets on a short field. What teams end up doing is utilizing the RBs. Personally, I know I'm an armchair monday morning QB that is a balding fat 45 year old weakling but I would have just lined up a TE as a FB, put an extra OL as a blocking TE and just rammed it up their gullet. We were running well and opening holes. I think our conditioning was winning out by that point and I think a physical 2-play series (yes, going for it on 4th) against a good team would have been a confidence builder for our OL. But that's just my opinion. Blast away.

What makes you think we were going to get 2 tards against that front by running?

Not PC, IMO.

I guess my problem is that I still don't know what to make of Bajakian.
He has recruited much better than I expected, and had a few nice games in terms of game plans (UGA and SCjr last year). But almost everything else has been average at best, and often worse than average. I just looked up their last year at Cincy when they went 10-3 - wanted to see how much they scored in games etc. It's actually not very impressive even though they were conference champs (and had team with their own system in it's 3rd year so this was not necessarily Kelly's leftovers at that point). The frustration is that during that year they never beat anyone in top 25 - two of the 3 losses were against the only top 25 teams they played that year - Louisville and Rutgers (which they lost to 10-3 at home!!), and the third loss was vs Toledo. I don't want to even imagine the reaction of our fan base if we ever score 3 points at home (vs anyone, let alone 'powerhouse' like Rutgers).
Here is the link with Bearcats results from 2012 - curious to hear what others think.

2012 Cincinnati Bearcats Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Absolutely it was.

No bit of excuse making by you will convince otherwise. This staff does not put our guys in the best case scenario to be successful. That play call included.

Having guys open on the endzone on the goal line is the definition of putting your guys in position for success. How are you not getting this?

Having guys open on the endzone on the goal line is the definition of putting your guys in position for success. How are you not getting this?

Having a mediocre at best QB throwing into the most condensed area on the field against a defense that moves at mach 2 compared to your team is ignorant. Even for those of you without a dismal posting record and that know the game so well compared to the rest of us hacks, that has to be seen.

No?

But they weren't open.

Worley pushed the throw.

Oklahoma sealed it off and got the Pick-6.

It was a bad call at a critical junction in the game.

I'm not 100% against Bajakian but you have to admit it took too long for him to adjust against Oklahoma's blitz and call that screen to Hurd. There were idiot 45 year old fat balding never played a down of football weaklings in the game thread begging for the screen in the series before he called it. If us weak fat stupid idiot know-nothing fans saw it, why didn't he? He did see it. But about an entire series and 2 huge hits on Worley too late.

Bajakian is learning he isn't in the Big East anymore and he has to stop square-peg round-holing this offense. Worley isn't a read-option guy. Stop running the read-option. If your QB is getting killed maybe stop running deep routes and slow developing screens that most of the time our WRs were missing blocks on anyway.

SamRebel, I enjoy reading your posts, but I can't agree with you here. That was two down territory. Worley had 1.2 nanoseconds before Striker was in his grill unless he stepped up in the pocket. I saw an empty backfield, knew it wasn't a QB sneak, and literally picked my jaw up off the floor before the snap.

Then, the hammer hit the nail in the coffin.

Edit: I literally just watched the play. No one was open on the right side. Someone ran a really lazy out route on the left to make it congested. Just a horrible play call.

Last edited:
This is one of the most idiotic comments that I have ever read. Teams run those sets near the goal line all the time and score, it just so happens we didn't. Not a bad play call, but bad execution. But it's easy to Monday Morning QB when you are sitting at home on the couch in your stained t-shirt eating Doritos.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to football. I shouldn't have to explain basic football concepts to you if you're going to come to a message board and argue. Not a bad play call, just bad execution?? Is that a joke. As I've said several times about this, if you want to pass the ball there, fine. But don't do it with an empty backfield!! When the box is that crowded the last thing you want is to let them know you're definitely going to throw the ball. Play action, roll out, QB keep, I don't care..... ANY other play call was better than a five wide set there. If we had made the touchdown pass I would have been ecstatic, but I still would have thought that was an awful play call. That was never going to happen though, it was a very very very low percentage, high risk play call.

And again, it cost us our momentum that we were finally getting, and the game was over at that point.

VN Store

Back