Coach Kellie Harper fired

Which is why I asked about their prior working relationship. Seems like cruelty is the point. So the scenario you describe happens - over zoom. Ouch.

I’ve also wondered about the blindside firing, No paper trail? No improvement plan? No goal discussion? Doesn’t sound very institutional . Do ADs really do that?
I highly doubt it. It would leave the University open for wrongful firing lawsuits. Everything these days is driven by legal exposure. That a professional AD would not have a paper trail of plans, goals discussions, warnings, etc makes no sense.

NIL WILL BE THE DEATH OF COLLEGE SPORTS AS WE KNOW IT. There should be a cap on how much they can make. It’s just a cluster f*+\!
You are correct and I’m not sure I would be upset if college sports were not as we know it. Coaches make way too much. Some players will be wealthy at 18. There will be a huge scandal with sports betting and NIL at some point.

You are correct and I’m not sure I would be upset if college sports were not as we know it. Coaches make way too much. Some players will be wealthy at 18. There will be a huge scandal with sports betting and NIL at some point.
The sports betting is the real ticking time bomb. A number of states are now looking to ban "prop bets" that are placed on specific player stats -- how many points, rebounds, assists etc they get in a game.

Apparently, some college athletes have been harassed or threatened when they go under their project # or conversely, are threatened to intentionally go under the betting line.

It is a mess.

Last edited:
A lot of conspiracy theories on here. I think Kellie getting another year was always questionable. I could entirely believe that lack of NIL support for the LV program and general booster apathy towards her could’ve pushed her out though.

I toatally agree. Coaches pay will go up with the NIL I think. Donors will put money in coaches pockets to get the “best players” I think. I like others really don’t understand it all but money will determine the best teams.

Reactions: Lucy
MBB coaches make a lot more than WBB coaches. Bruce, who I love and will never forgive for lying about bar-b-q, would maybe be out of our price range.

Hey Lucy, I responded to your post yesterday about DW on page 80. It was meant to be a little humous so hope we are good now.

Reactions: Lucy
The sports betting is the real ticking time bomb. A number of states are now looking to ban "prop bets" that are placed on specific player stats -- how many points, rebounds, assists etc they get in a game.

Apparently, some college athletes have been harassed or threatened when they go under their project # or conversely, are threatened to intentionally go under the betting line.

It is a mess.
Yes. A freakin mess!!!!!!

NIL WILL BE THE DEATH OF COLLEGE SPORTS AS WE KNOW IT. There should be a cap on how much they can make. It’s just a cluster f*+\!

Yes, nothing evolves and adapts in this world. This change will certainly do it. And if we are lucky enough for your idea to take hold we will be blessed with this beautiful communism that you speak of where we cap how much money people can make.

The long term effect of NIL on college sports
“as we know it” is unknown at this time.
There should be a cap on how much you can make so long as you want to restrain
the earning potential of students who provide entertainment to people like you.

The Supreme Court ruled that is not legal. It's here to stay. We're just in the early, crazy days and I doubt it looks very similar in a few years. People getting paid for their efforts is a good thing

Hey Lucy, I responded to your post yesterday about DW on page 80. It was meant to be a little humous so hope we are good now.
Hey OBV!! Absolutely all good!! Went out to dinner with friends and missed a bunch of posts!
These strands are going fast and furious!
Contrary to popular belief it takes a lot to offend me😆😆

A lot of conspiracy theories on here. I think Kellie getting another year was always questionable. I could entirely believe that lack of NIL support for the LV program and general booster apathy towards her could’ve pushed her out though.
It’s more likely that not getting this team to the Sweet 16 had a lot to do with it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The Supreme Court ruled that is not legal. It's here to stay. We're just in the early, crazy days and I doubt it looks very similar in a few years. People getting paid for their efforts is a good thing
It will be all about money and players will change schools like their underwear.

Reactions: Ratvol
Hey OBV!! Absolutely all good!! Went out to dinner with friends and missed a bunch of posts!
These strands are going fast and furious!
Contrary to popular belief it takes a lot to offend me😆😆
I’m honored

I toatally agree. Coaches pay will go up with the NIL I think. Donors will put money in coaches pockets to get the “best players” I think. I like others really don’t understand it all but money will determine the best teams.
I don't see coaches' pay going up as fast with NIL. Boosters will not want to pay buyouts when they've donated big bucks to the collective.

Yes, nothing evolves and adapts in this world. This change will certainly do it. And if we are lucky enough for your idea to take hold we will be blessed with this beautiful communism that you speak of where we cap how much money people can make.

They're full-time college students, getting a full, four-year academic scholarship, not private employees hired with a salary--though apparently that is where we're headed. NIL is just a bribery contest among schools. And this is the message colleges want to send to student-athletes? This is what we want college sports to become: "Yea, if you pay me enough I'll sign with you." If we keep NIL in recruiting---which would be disgraceful, IMO--and pay the players as well, at the very least yank their scholarships and give the money to deserving real students. And feel free to push players out of the door if they are not performing to expectations.

They're full-time college students, getting a full, four-year academic scholarship, not private employees hired with a salary--though apparently that is where we're headed. NIL is just a bribery contest among schools. And this is the message colleges want to send to student-athletes? This is what we want college sports to become: "Yea, if you pay me enough I'll sign with you." If we keep NIL in recruiting---which would be disgraceful, IMO--and pay the players as well, at the very least yank their scholarships and give the money to deserving real students. And feel free to push players out of the door if they are not performing to expectations.
Baseball and softball players disagree with the full four-year academic scholarships.

Baseball and softball players disagree with the full four-year academic scholarships.
Correct, not all sports are funded the same at all D1 schools ( Rev & non-Rev). The issue could have been “fixed” by the NCAA & Conferences long ago but they just wanted to reap all the benefits & restrict the athletes ability to go wherever they wanted like regular students.

Just think if your NIL were used by a 3rd Party Company and they made millions by using your identity & paid you nothing. You would be upset. That’s the revenue stream now available to everyone. Capitalism. What a concept.

Reactions: brittannica
Kellie must be a way worse person than I thought, or have some deep dark secret about to come out. For this new coach she got fired? I can only imagine how this must feel. Ditto her players. This is surreal.

Jon killed JFK. Hold on, someone is knocking at my door, no wait, please not the bluehair mafia, help, aaaargh.... [End Scene]

VN Store

Back