Coach Kellie Harper fired

Kellie must be a way worse person than I thought, or have some deep dark secret about to come out. For this new coach she got fired? I can only imagine how this must feel. Ditto her players. This is surreal.
I think Kellie is a a great person and did her best to represent the university well at all times. Coaching however was never what it could have been. Almost never used timeouts to stop a run and calm down her team, substitute pattern was random with no apparent rhyme or reason, no regular offense, lazy on defense without consequence, horrendous use of the box out for rebounds, and atrocious use of in bounds plays Wish she had been wildly successful but not even in the ball park. Many middle and high school coaches would have been fired for less. And let's not even get into high school recruiting failure.

That said I hope she finds another job and get it all figured out to become very successful on down the road. I believe Coach Caldwell appears to be a much stronger X's and O's coach and our program will see quick improvement in on court performance.
GBO

Last edited:
According to multiple reports on Twitter, Kellie Harper and Adia Barnes named as candidates for Marquette head coach.

If true, Barnes must have really worn out her welcome only a few seasons after appearing in the title game.

On her way out, she can throw up her favorite two-handed salute accompanied by an extremely short soliloquy.

I keep seeing that game ending shot from Cardoso on TikTok and all other platforms. That video has garnered millions of views and likes. I think that game is the biggest reason Kellie was let go, along with the other effects that came with it, but that game, is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I think Kellie even knew what was going to be her fate if she didn’t perform well in the NCAA tourney, which is why she was so emotional with the referee towards the end of the NC ST game trying to reverse a timeout call that would’ve resulted in a steal and score for Spear. Then her uncontrollable emotions following the game was a tell tell sign too. They just did not want to let her go while season was still in play.

I keep seeing that game ending shot from Cardoso on TikTok and all other platforms. That video has garnered millions of views and likes. I think that game is the biggest reason Kellie was let go, along with the other effects that came with it, but that game, is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I think Kellie even knew what was going to be her fate if she didn’t perform well in the NCAA tourney, which is why she was so emotional with the referee towards the end of the NC ST game trying to reverse a timeout call that would’ve resulted in a steal and score for Spear. Then her uncontrollable emotions following the game was a tell tell sign too. They just did not want to let her go while season was still in play.
she got fired because of her XOs, and her reliance on 5th years/seniors. Only seniors got above 17 minutes. (Other than Puckett) He wanted new blood.

she got fired because of her XOs, and her reliance on 5th years/seniors. Only seniors got above 17 minutes. (Other than Puckett) He wanted new blood.
How many minutes did Horston, Davis, Burrell, Key, etc. get as underclassmen?

There has only been less than a handful of freshmen and sophomores the last two years. That is an issue in itself and likely a primary problem contributing to her dismissal. But you can't play classes who aren't there, so have to disagree with one of your basic premises.

True can even have a chance with a JuJu or Hannah if u never play them. This is the least surprising take I’ve heard. People can bash Justine but I can see and call a spade. Maybe we get her McDAA teammates if she played

You specified "only seniors got above 18 minutes." That leaves freshman, sophomore, and junior years.
Well we can see where the shop was headed. No HS recruits. And everyone here think we need the best portal players to even be competitive. It’s more like a writing in the wall. She was inching closer and closer to not even having a team.

Look at next year for example. We have what? 4 girls with eligibility???

So Kellie's big mistake was playing 5th year Rickea Jackson. I will hand it to you: that is a very unique explanation,
I think they mean we were getting over reliant… no high schoolers. That’s hard for any AD to handle. He called recruiting the life blood. Maybe Kellie had a short term plan to get the oldest best players she could for short term success.

I listen to Coach Yos talks on Twitter and she said she will NEVER be young again. NEVER. Danny clearly doesn’t like that. Maybe Kellie had the same attitude.

We will never know but makes sense to me.

So Kellie's big mistake was playing 5th year Rickea Jackson. I will hand it to you: that is a very unique explanation,
Also I don’t think it’s that she played her. It’s that she built a team that RELIED on her to come back.

RJ was a lottery pick last year. Kellie BEGGED her back basically.

Maybe he wasn’t convinced TKs return would have the same impact.

Reactions: Amb3096
I think they mean we were getting over reliant… no high schoolers. That’s hard for any AD to handle. He called recruiting the life blood. Maybe Kellie had a short term plan to get the oldest best players she could for short term success.

I listen to Coach Yos talks on Twitter and she said she will NEVER be young again. NEVER. Danny clearly doesn’t like that. Maybe Kellie had the same attitude.

We will never know but makes sense to me.
Coach Yo is everywhere on twitter, she stays up on the portal news.

Reactions: VolFuture
Coach Yo is everywhere on twitter, she stays up on the portal news.
Yep and she talks… really interesting to hear. Basically said in a class of 5 freshman you’re lucky to have 2 stay 4 years.

She also said she goes hard at the ones she wants early. Loves that when she loses early she can steal recruits before other schools are done

VN Store

Back