Coach T and recruiting for the Vols

I'm a big Coach Martin fan but, he couldn't get any shooters on his roster. Plus, honestly I think our D under Tyndall is as good or better. The offense will come, we just need a PG.

Reactions: 1 person
CJ Turman, Philip Cofer, 7-footer Kingsley Okoroh, and possibly RJ(sp?) Rhett. Stokes may have stayed if Cuonzo was for sure coming back, imo. I know Stokes announced before Cuonzo left but I'm sure they talked it through.

I get some have that opinion but I can't imagine Stokes wanting to come back when many would consider this to be a rebuilding yr no matter who the coach is. It also seems crazy to me that a few feel like all of a sudden Zo would get it right when put of three classes, we only have two that contribute much at all....Armani is coming on some but still a man without a position. Zo should have recruited well enough to have bench players ready to step into starting roles instead of trying to fix it the yr players were leaving.

Reactions: 2 people
Larry Austin Jr. is a guy with the highest of character, at least his parents are, who I have know for a few years. I wish he could have stayed with The Vols...I looked it up and he his averaging 6.5 at Xavier, might have been a pretty good one in Knoxville

Larry Austin Jr. is a guy with the highest of character, at least his parents are, who I have know for a few years. I wish he could have stayed with The Vols...I looked it up and he his averaging 6.5 at Xavier, might have been a pretty good one in Knoxville

No he is not.....he is avg 0.7 ppg

Yes, but not by his choice. It was theirs.

yep, the kids decisions, but it almost looked by design to me. It appeared coach wanted to start as much from scratch as possible with his own guys, so he may not have tried all that hard to retain the recruits or some of the remaining guys. I'd have tried to keep the 2 top 150 guys that were coming in, but maybe he did to no avail I dont know. But it's his roster now save 4 dudes(2 top scorers) and a walkon, so whatever happens this season, it's his baby and not the last regime's.

6.7 minutes. Austin will get there in time.

Oh ok.....I read it as points per game....yeah he may do it but he was dropping and had people questioning his game....he and cofer was the two I was hoping we would hold onto.

Thought it might be nice to clarify all of the misconceptions out there about our recruiting class for 2015. Anybody know that the final signing date for 2015 is April 15, 2015? Do you expect all of the recruits to be signed in November, 2014? Give me a break!! Anybody know that final signing date was April 16, 2014 and that Coach T was hired on April 22, 2014? He walked into a program with 4 remaining players, the same players that Martin had left, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed for California. It is actually quite miraculous that we are fielding a team this year that can be competitive. We have a team built from scratch that should be fun to watch instead of a team that would have been lucky to win 10 games under Martin this season. Butch Jones was left in the exact same situation by Derek Dooley and it took a little time to get to this year and the football Vols will be favored to win the East in 2015. Give Tyndall this year and next year will be very similar to what the football Vols have done under Jones. They are two peas in a pod in two different sports. The people who attack Coach T really don't have a clue about what is about to happen.

Who gives a crap? Let's see who he gets. Seem's he likes to chase away good talent.

lol! So it's Zo's fault that UT basketaball sucks? Hardly!

Dont compare FB to BB. Jones has'nt done **** yet. Wake me up when he does.

Last edited:
Thought it might be nice to clarify all of the misconceptions out there about our recruiting class for 2015. Anybody know that the final signing date for 2015 is April 15, 2015? Do you expect all of the recruits to be signed in November, 2014? Give me a break!! Anybody know that final signing date was April 16, 2014 and that Coach T was hired on April 22, 2014? He walked into a program with 4 remaining players, the same players that Martin had left, saw the writing on the wall, and bailed for California. It is actually quite miraculous that we are fielding a team this year that can be competitive. We have a team built from scratch that should be fun to watch instead of a team that would have been lucky to win 10 games under Martin this season. Butch Jones was left in the exact same situation by Derek Dooley and it took a little time to get to this year and the football Vols will be favored to win the East in 2015. Give Tyndall this year and next year will be very similar to what the football Vols have done under Jones. They are two peas in a pod in two different sports. The people who attack Coach T really don't have a clue about what is about to happen.

Of course Martin told Stokes he was'nt coming back and it made his decision much easier. What I find funny is the fact folks want to stay with the clique BS of he sucked, needed to go, yada yada yada.

Of course Martin told Stokes he was'nt coming back and it made his decision much easier. What I find funny is the fact folks want to stay with the clique BS of he sucked, needed to go, yada yada yada.

His recruiting sucked.

Of course, that's why he got to a S16 in his third year, because his recruiting sucked. That's why all Donnie has now is Zo recruits, because Zo sucks, and Donnie rules.

serious question, are you a troll? Every post you make seems to be in hopes of stirring up trouble

Reactions: 2 people
I think Tyndall has done a solid job signing two players while under investigation. We are at a point in our basketball program where we need more bodies and freshman that will stay four years and develop under his system.

Add in Mostella,Carmicheal,and McGhee, We are heading in the right direction

Of course, that's why he got to a S16 in his third year, because his recruiting sucked. That's why all Donnie has now is Zo recruits, because Zo sucks, and Donnie rules.

S16 with the Pearl recruits? Jordan and Maymon? But you knew that already, didn't you?

Mcgee's frame will allow him to pack on some serious muscle by next year. Our bigs are young and have potential, add in Schofield ( a little short for a big but a huge body). Mostella has all SEC potential. The next couple of classes may not rank really high due to dark cloud over program but if all is cleared this style of play will pull some very good players in the future. The key is to get past current NCAA investigation and develop current roster skills - find a point guard

I hope we sign Deqoun Miller out of Juco. He's been tearing it up out there. Hopefully he could come in and be a decent more experienced PG until Donnie can get us some big time talent :)

SD is so correct on his post here. I am not worried one bit about CDT recruiting (scandal or not). With the April Free Agency market in College Basketball these days I know he will sign a couple of big time players. Need a PG though and maybe Dequon Miller is an option.

SD is so correct on his post here. I am not worried one bit about CDT recruiting (scandal or not). With the April Free Agency market in College Basketball these days I know he will sign a couple of big time players. Need a PG though and maybe Dequon Miller is an option.

We've got our PG. The Jackson kid out of NC. He's ours unless he accepts the offer from mtsu, or Jacksonville.

VN Store

Back