Coleman Thomas Ruled Out Saturday

I am not sure this is really a big loss.

Defensive players are running right by him....

He couldn't guard a dog if it was tied to his bed post.....

How about getting behind the players and supporting them for a change. They don't need us to tell them that they need to improve, but if it makes you feel better to talk trash about an 18 year old freshman then go ahead.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know what you saw, but even the commentators said "Worley seems to have more of a pocket now" when Gilliam came in the game last Saturday.

I'll take Gilliam all season long if that's what it takes.

I was watcHing No. 27 for OM run past Gilliam and cause a Worley fumble. I can't find the video, but I believe on the play Worley was injured Gilliams man slammed Worley to the ground. I could be wrong about that. Big thing Gilliam brings is moving Kerbyson to RT.

I was watcHing No. 27 for OM run past Gilliam and cause a Worley fumble. I can't find the video, but I believe on the play Worley was injured Gilliams man slammed Worley to the ground. I could be wrong about that. Big thing Gilliam brings is moving Kerbyson to RT.

It said Gilliam would start at RT, not LT. Probably doesn't matter either way.

I just don't understand the gilliam situation... there is something going on if he really tore his acl there is no way he's playing and if so when does a coach step in and say son we know you want to play but we can't allow it... this has booby miles written all over it...things just don't add up to me

Last edited:
I just don't understand the gilliam situation... there is something going on if he really tor his acl there is no way he's playing and if so when does a coach step in and say son we know you want to play but we can't allow it... this has booby miles written all over it...things just don't add up to me

It's really his twin brother playing but don't tell anyone.

He also gave up a sack by Fadol Brown on his first snap

Rocky Top Insider ‏@rockytopinsider · Oct 18
Jacob Gilliam in at RT and gets quickly beaten for a sack.

Coleman is an 18 yr. old playing a new position against the best in the NCAA, both he and Gilliam deserve our respect. Both are overmatched right now.

Honestly he looked like he was hurt during the game. I saw him favoring a foot or ankle.

I just don't understand the gilliam situation... there is something going on if he really tore his acl there is no way he's playing and if so when does a coach step in and say son we know you want to play but we can't allow it... this has booby miles written all over it...things just don't add up to me

I have no ACL in my right knee. Played years of adult rec basketball and soccer like that without knowing I had torn it. This is by no means ideal, but I am not shocked that a veteran college varsity athlete with his apparent willpower can pull this off.

I don't know what you saw, but even the commentators said "Worley seems to have more of a pocket now" when Gilliam came in the game last Saturday.

I'll take Gilliam all season long if that's what it takes.

When any Vol is injured, it is bad, we should all hope he isn't just able to play in the future, but that he'll recover and not carry the injury for life.
Regarding, "Worley seems to have more of a pocket now", I think commentators need to comment. Even if it's not always 100% dead on. When you watch the game, when OM's DL coach called for 3 or 4 man rush, (more times than I thought he would), yes indeed Worley had more time. When OM brought the heat, we all know what happened. I'm not convinced the "time in pocket" wasn't as much a function of OM's pass protection scheme, than anything else. Our bench's depth isn't as deep as most of us would to see when we play Bama Saturday, I hope this isn't an issue.

I have no ACL in my right knee. Played years of adult rec basketball and soccer like that without knowing I had torn it. This is by no means ideal, but I am not shocked that a veteran college varsity athlete with his apparent willpower can pull this off.

I can't argue that but you said you didn't know you were hurt...he and his coaches know why would any coach allow him to play? These guys are young and living in the moment you would think a coach would step in and not allow it

Hope a fresh face or two on the line makes our line play turn for the better. Here's to HOPE!

Coleman is out?! YE.....I mean darn... DARN IT !

Lol

Sure seemed that way.

Coleman is an 18 yr. old playing a new position against the best in the NCAA, both he and Gilliam deserve our respect. Both are overmatched right now.

He really shouldn't have been on the starting line. Chattanooga players were pushing past him.

Coleman Thomas played center in high school he maybe better suited for a guard position until he has time to develop into a d1 tackle.

By all means let's come on here and bash him, that's the true VN calling card. Some of you are the true legion of the miserable...

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back