Coleman Thomas Ruled Out Saturday

Just a thought..............A bug husky cheerleader would do as good a Mr. Thomas. He has been shoved down and ran around all year. No loss for sure.

Last edited:
Just a thought..............A bug husky cheerleader would do as good a Mr. Thomas. He has been shoved down and ran around all year. No loss for sure.

Cut the guy some slack. He's 18 playing on the Oline in the premiere college football conference.....while you're only playing with yourself.... Geez

Reactions: 4 people
Gilliam might be the toughest Vol in resent history. Hope he doesn't do any more damage to the knee... This my friend is old school ..

Didn't J. Harrell, the D.T., play a home game against Florida one year with one shoulder basically in a sling?
He gets the 2nd toughest VFL in recent history.

Reactions: 1 person
Never should have been at RT. Coaching mistake not using him at center. ( #5 center in the nation coming out of HS )

I can't argue that but you said you didn't know you were hurt...he and his coaches know why would any coach allow him to play? These guys are young and living in the moment you would think a coach would step in and not allow it

It's not a Varsity Blues moment; this isn't the coach pushing the player back into the game at the risk of the rest of his football career. It's the complete opposite. It's player-driven, and this is all the football he has left. It's not like he has an NFL career to save himself for. He worked hard for many years to get to play football at UT. Let him play, IMO. Then, take care of the knee after the season.

Didn't J. Harrell, the D.T., play a home game against Florida one year with one shoulder basically in a sling?
He gets the 2nd toughest VFL in recent history.

I think he played the 2006 UF game on a bicep that he tore in the same game as the Inky Johnson injury.

I am not sure this is really a big loss.

Defensive players are running right by him....

He couldn't guard a dog if it was tied to his bed post.....

I guess the fact that he was recruited to be a center and the staff was forced to move him to tackle because he was the best option available (for whatever reason) should not matter in this respect. He has tried, but once the live action starts, he doesn't seem to be able to handle the more difficult outer line position. Bottom line, he wasn't ready to start period, little less in a completely new position. Big difference from center to tackle when it comes to technique.

This staff is stubborn. Kendrick should be starting at LT and Kerbyson back to the left. If you are going to play Gilliam, fine, but keep BK at RT and put Kerbyson back at RG and bench the true freshman. The O-line coach is being over ruled here.

This staff is stubborn. Kendrick should be starting at LT and Kerbyson back to the left. If you are going to play Gilliam, fine, but keep BK at RT and put Kerbyson back at RG and bench the true freshman. The O-line coach is being over ruled here.

This is remarkably accurate.

Most people who didn't make it past tball are. Add anonymnity of commentary and you have today's "fans".

I actually know a friend of Coleman's parents. I dogged him, hard, on social media (did not use his name, just "the right tackle") - but I got jumped all over for it - "but he's just a freshman!" they said.

And in his defense, had Blair been ready to go out of the box like he was supposed to be, we would not have had to move Kerbyson over to the left which moved Coleman Thomas into the lineup.

But come on, any average joe fan can see that he is getting taken behind the woodshed out there -struggling is putting it mildly. It's not a slight against him personally, but when you strap it on for the orange, and are a starter, you need to lock it up and put your big boy pants on because college football fans are not going to give you an easy time if you are consistently performing at a low level. I see the guy make the same mental mistakes over and over and over - and yeah, I get it, he's young and was thrust into a starting role... but still. Gotta do better than what he has been doing. I'm sure he will improve as he gains strength and experience - but it's not very promising to see him making the same mistakes each week. Maybe its coaching, who the hell knows at this point.

VN Store

Back