College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Anddddd ballgame. Stupid foul by Miami likely closes the door. Absolutely cannot foul in that situation. Then gives up offensive rebound off free throw. Horrific finish to the game for Miami.

Too bad. A loss at home to Miami would certainly put us ahead of them for a 1 seed, even if we were to lose to Bama on the road

UNC barely beats bad teams the ACC sucks
Agreed but I don’t think a close win is gonna be held against them. I think that head to head win for UNC will be held over our heads. The committee already had them one spot ahead and UNC hasn’t lost since the reveal. I think we’re probably still #6 overall in the committee’s eyes. I don’t trust them

Agreed but I don’t think a close win is gonna be held against them. I think that head to head win for UNC will be held over our heads. The committee already had them one spot ahead and UNC hasn’t lost since the reveal. I think we’re probably still #6 overall in the committee’s eyes. I don’t trust them
Miami also had like 2 starters out. We were not nearly as healthy when they beat us back then as we are now either.

Carolina has one more chance e to impress the committee. Arizona has 0 chances. Tennessee has 4 chances.

I'm at the point where I believe Tennessee most likely controls their own destiny. Go 4-0 over the next two weeks, and they're a 1-seed because their résumé is going to top either of those others, even with the UNC win h2h in Chapel Hill.

3-1 and all bets are off, and they likely need some help.

2-2 and forget about it.

Carolina has one more chance e to impress the committee. Arizona has 0 chances. Tennessee has 4 chances.

I'm at the point where I believe Tennessee most likely controls their own destiny. Go 4-0 over the next two weeks, and they're a 1-seed because their résumé is going to top either of those others, even with the UNC win h2h in Chapel Hill.

2-2 and forget about it.
If it were up to the normal college basketball fan then yes 100%. But does the committee see it that way? Do they think we control our own destiny? I just don’t trust them to put us at the last #1 seed if Arizona or UNC wins out as well.

well K-State managed to blow a 25 point lead at home against WVU, and went to ot. good thing tang is the ot wizard he’s now 12-0 in ot.

Reactions: knoxvol52
R U kidding me? Johni Broome ahead of Knecht?
Aidoo about to show what Broome is all about! (c'mon, Jonas, back me up)

It’s analytics driven , so one would assume Broome is so high due to his defensive impact combined with his offense.

But I think it’s hard for analytics to judge guards defensive value IMO.

I’d put Shead and Newton at 2 and 3 (but granted I’ve never seen Holmes play)

Reactions: berryvol

2-2 and forget about it.
I agree with this. 4-0 is undeniably a one, whether the committee likes it or not. On paper, if 3-1 also yields a conference championship, that may tip the scale too. It will be hard to deny a conference champion from this league, this season. 3-1 with the loss being a champion Alabama is where I wonder.

If Tennessee loses another regular season game Alabama would be the one.
Though I don't see Alabama having enough defense to stop Tennessee,same goes for Kentucky.

Said it once and will say it again losing to South Carolina was caused by Looking ahead to Kentucky it will not happen again.

VN Store

Back