Confident Oklahoma Fans

It dang near ticks me off to hear from opposing fans that are so confident. Next time you see me I'll be standing at gate 14 smiling at some too Sooners as they sulk out of our beautiful stadium. Offering words of encouragement for that long ride home

Reactions: 1 person
If I was an Oklahoma fan who had witnessed that beat down of Tennessee in Norman, I'm pretty sure I'm be INCREDIBLY confident that my team would win again this year.

Good point. I think OU will be over confident coming into Knoxville. That's exactly what we want.

Reactions: 5 people
Stoops will have his team ready. No way he wants to lose to an SEC team. This will be a tough game for both teams I think.

Reactions: 4 people
eh, if i were an OU fan, i might dismiss TN too. it's not like we haven't sucked out loud for the past 5-6 years. and while we're all high on Butch, rightfully so, there isn't a marquee win save USC. that said, some of the comments are at best uneducated...regarding recruiting and such. you'd have to be blind to not at least acknowledge the progress being made, off the field.

it's just like many of us have been saying....hype is nice, results are better. and i think we get some this year, finally. so, let'em talk, doesn't matter. the game will be played.

hehe, hosting Akron (FPI 115) and Tulsa (FPI 89) while looking down your nose at BGSU (FPI 93) and N Texas (FPI 109) is kinda silly. Errbody gots them some cupcakes, errbody. No sense laughing at other folks' cupcakes while licking the icing off your own face. :)

But I do love the "duckfarts Butch Jones" comment. I sense a meme coming on....

Just curious, have you ever read posts on this very site made by UT fans? There are idiot fans for every team.

Of course, hence my comment about being surprised these Oklahoma fans weren't mightily challenged on their views.

Create a thread on here stating UT will destroy Oklahoma this year and see if you don't get rebuked.

Reactions: 1 person
Message board fodder, nothing else.

I know 2 Oklahoma fans who are both worried about this game.

As for the op, would you really get a good representation of UT fans if you only read 5-6 cherry picked posts from here? It could get real ugly

Funny that someone insulted us for hiring mid-major coaches. Pretty sure Florida hired a mid-major coach that just won his 3rd championship this past season at Ohio State after winning 2 championships at Florida. More often than not, you're not going to lure a big named coach away from a major university unless you're elite. Why would a coach leave a quality program unless he feels like his time is running out cause he's underachieving? Isn't Bob stoops an example? 5 losses at Oklahoma isn't acceptable despite the fact he's been a good coach. He's douchebag, but he's good. Gonna be awesome when Dobbs and co. light em up.

No, the answer isn't to sneak up behind it and clap your hands!

670px-Make-a-Duck-Fart-Step-3.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1/2 oz (15 ml) Kahlua or almond liqueur
  • 1/2 oz (15 ml) Bailey's Irish Cream
  • 1/2 oz (15 ml) Jack Daniels whiskey

Steps
  1. Pour the Kahlua into a shot glass.
  2. Slowly and carefully pour the Bailey's Irish Cream along the side of the shot glass, so that it creates a distinct layer on top of the Kahlua.
  3. Using the same method, add the Jack as the final layer on the top.

I'm going to drink a Duck Fart in honor of Butch Jones every time we win a game this season. I expect by the end of the year, I'll be a real duck farts fan!

How to Make a Duck Fart - 3 Easy Steps (with Pictures)

Has OU played in a place as hostile as Neyland in the past few years? I know they play in big games I'm just wondering if big 12 stadiums are as rowdy as the sec.

If I was an Oklahoma fan who had witnessed that beat down of Tennessee in Norman, I'm pretty sure I'm be very confident that my team would win again this year.

Perhaps, but even being completely ignorant of the UT hype train, some of those comments were beyond outrageous. Saying they should beat UT by at least 3 TDs is borderline comical.

What surprised me more than those comments was the reaction to them, or lack of reaction, from other posters.

Has OU played in a place as hostile as Neyland in the past few years? I know they play in big games I'm just wondering if big 12 stadiums are as rowdy as the sec.

They played in Tallahassee, Morgantown, College Station and South Bend.

I have been to both South Bend and Knoxville in the last year. I would consider neither "rowdy".

That being said my experiences have been against Florida when they simply have not played well. Hoping it's different for the UGA game this season.

According to FBSchedules.com:

Tennessee Strength of Schedule: 24th
Oklahoma Strength of Schedule: 88th

Hmm, the cream puff comment doesn't really apply now does it?

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back