Confident Oklahoma Fans

Good point. I think OU will be over confident coming into Knoxville. That's exactly what we want.

Sometimes when a team is over confident it actually works out in their favor. A few things go their way to start the game or in the first quarter, and then they start feeling really good about themselves. That all can lead to a team playing above their heads and closely beating a way better team than theirs, or could lead to them rolling a team if the two teams are about equal going into the game.

A comment that an Oklahoma fan made on another message board.

"Tennessee won't have any sustained success until Butch Jones is gone. He's the most overmatched coach in college football. In way over his head. He'd be a good position coach in D-III."

... this duckfart Butch Jones

TVgHOQt.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
ReWatched the Ok game from last year. They were rushing 3 and sacking the QB with regularity. They won't be as disruptive this year, but we have got to give Dobbs a little time back there. If our line can't do it, then they need to be considering moving the pocket and rolling out.

ReWatched the Ok game from last year. They were rushing 3 and sacking the QB with regularity. They won't be as disruptive this year, but we have got to give Dobbs a little time back there. If our line can't do it, then they need to be considering moving the pocket and rolling out.

Striker still features prominently in Jusin Worley's nightmares.

Reactions: 1 person
Good point. I think OU will be over confident coming into Knoxville. That's exactly what we want.

I'm going to give Stoops credit and say there's little chance that OU will be overconfident. UT's raw talent was as obvious as it was raw last fall. Stoops is well aware that the Fr he played against last year who were often lost... won't be that way this year. He also knows that Dobbs' mobility changes the equation for his D.

And.... a guy with his experience knows how much difference a year can make with his own team and an opponent.

If UT wins, they will have beaten OU's best effort.

Reactions: 3 people
Oklahoma fans basically disrespects Neyland Stadium.

"My husband and I were in Tennessee to play golf, and on a rainy day decided to drive to see the famous Tennessee stadium. One, it is in the middle of town, with hills everywhere, poor parking, and since half of the stadium is on the river, this limits traffic flow. Also, it just looked like a big metal hulk. UGLY!"

Tennessee game

If I was an Oklahoma fan who had witnessed that beat down of Tennessee in Norman, I'm pretty sure I'm be very confident that my team would win again this year.

Yep. Agree. Our team has something to prove, simple as that. O-line performance is still a big question; and, even though the program is receiving a lot of hype, they still don't have the depth needed to survive the demands of a full season yet.

Either way, I'll still be supporting my Vols no matter how the game turns out.

UT will need the run game to click vs OU. The same is actually true in reverse. OU needs their run game to click vs UT. Both teams right now have to set their pass game up with the run.

If UT can control the middle from OT to OT then OU's lateral passing game won't be as effective.... basically the same with UT.

Oklahoma fans basically disrespects Neyland Stadium.

"My husband and I were in Tennessee to play golf, and on a rainy day decided to drive to see the famous Tennessee stadium. One, it is in the middle of town, with hills everywhere, poor parking, and since half of the stadium is on the river, this limits traffic flow. Also, it just looked like a big metal hulk. UGLY!"

Tennessee game

What a shame that UT is located in the beautiful hills of East Tennessee. If only our campus was located in the flat, dust bowl known as Oklahoma.

Reactions: 11 people
oklahoma fans basically disrespects neyland stadium.

"my husband and i were in tennessee to play golf, and on a rainy day decided to drive to see the famous tennessee stadium. One, it is in the middle of town, with hills everywhere, poor parking, and since half of the stadium is on the river, this limits traffic flow. Also, it just looked like a big metal hulk. Ugly!"

tennessee game

WHo PUT ALL THESE DAMN HILLS AND ALL THIS WATER IN THE WaY !?!?!?!??!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
UT will need the run game to click vs OU. The same is actually true in reverse. OU needs their run game to click vs UT. Both teams right now have to set their pass game up with the run.

If UT can control the middle from OT to OT then OU's lateral passing game won't be as effective.... basically the same with UT.

We also have to hope that our front seven can avoid getting beat down during the first 3 quarters. If we get worn down up front, perine and mixon could break off some big runs late in the game...

Man, those people are throwing some ridiculous shade at UT. The one ranting about the stadium is just dumb and should be ignored. That board almost reminds me of CatsPause.

Thankfully most of those posts are absolutely nothing like what I expect their fans that come into town for the game to be like. Almost all of them were great last year and really looking forward to the trip here. Plus, they seemed pretty respectful of UT and knew where we had been and where we could go, regardless of the last 10 years.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm going to give Stoops credit and say there's little chance that OU will be overconfident. UT's raw talent was as obvious as it was raw last fall. Stoops is well aware that the Fr he played against last year who were often lost... won't be that way this year. He also knows that Dobbs' mobility changes the equation for his D.

And.... a guy with his experience knows how much difference a year can make with his own team and an opponent.

If UT wins, they will have beaten OU's best effort.

I don't think OU cares about our raw talent or who might be good this year for us. The OU players know they whipped us last year and believe they will again this year. Yes, stoops is a smart coach and knows how to prepare but I doubt he's losing any sleep over this game. It's just like how Ohio st was overconfident against Virginia tech last year. It doesn't matter if we beat the best OU, it only matters if we win.

These OU fans have us confused with the other UT that they actually will beat this year.

I don't think OU cares about our raw talent or who might be good this year for us. The OU players know they whipped us last year and believe they will again this year. Yes, stoops is a smart coach and knows how to prepare but I doubt he's losing any sleep over this game. It's just like how Ohio st was overconfident against Virginia tech last year. It doesn't matter if we beat the best OU, it only matters if we win.

I don't believe Ohio State was overconfident. Bud
Foster put together a great defensive game plan against a young and inexperienced J.T. Barrett. They just got beat plain and simple.

Its early for any team to be boasting at the seems about "we gonna kick their azz" but seems ESPN for once is on our side of the 50% rule or the FPI.

Attachments

• UT.jpg
    UT.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Sooners.jpg
    Sooners.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 21
I don't believe Ohio State was overconfident. Bud
Foster put together a great defensive game plan against a young and inexperienced J.T. Barrett. They just got beat plain and simple.

Why couldn't Ohio st stop tech's offense ? Barrett doesn't play defense too does he ?

Hold the applause until after the game. Then the laughing and pointing can begin.

Go Vols.

truth in lending: I also graduated from OU. Most of the folks out there are great people.

Just saying...

VN Store

Back