Confirmed: Peterman transferring to Pitt

Last 2 years. He was a red shirt sophomore this year. Got his degree in 3 years.

Had to go check but yes, correct. I thought he only had one year of eligibility left. Even more reason for him to move on I think, not dissing him just think its a better fit for Pitt, Peterman, Chaney, and the Vols.

I don't think he would ever see significant playing time at TN and it gives him a chance to salvage his college career with a pretty decent OC and QB coach (I think Drew Brees would agree anyway...)

He's been a good kid and given us his all in a tough situation.

I wish him all the best and I hope he leads Pitt to a National Championship game where he faces us and we get the WIN!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I find it funny that in all likelihood there are some posters who, unlike Nathan, don't even have a degree from Tennessee and are giving him the business.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope he tears up the ACC this coming season. I just looked at Pitt's upcoming schedule and see where Nate gets a chance to be victorious over Iowa twice in 8 months.

From what I have heard, we will miss him greatly in practice.
While he may have been out of place in this offense during a game,
apparently he was a terrific leader and instructor in practice.

3 freshmen would have benefited greatly. Good luck Nate.

Does anyone know the state of Pitt's OL? Chaney plus a stronger OL might be exactly what he needs to shine.

Thanks for your time in orange, NP, and best of luck to you in the future!

Props to NP. He was all Vol and never complained. I would love to see him starting at Pitt and having success.

So that means you hope we dont. What the hell?
I have seen Tennessee win a Natl Ch, and the good feeling lasted a day or two, and I went back to my work and my life, and nothing changed. It was a football game after all.

I think that the redemption of a quality individual, especially considering the constant bashing by certain VN posters, would make me feel good for more than a day or two.

Reactions: 4 people
Hope it works out well for him.

Think the change of scenery and Chaney will be good for him. The guy is a good coach.

I think things just fell in line for Peterman. Chaney makes the move to Pitt, who recruited him to Tennessee to play in his system. And even though what we saw of Peterman's game was not what we expect, he must have been doing something right in practice, or he would have never seen the field.

This fall, if the opportunity presents itself, I will watch Pitt play this year. Maybe, just maybe, Peterman will bloom into the QB he was touted to be. It's probably a long shot, but sometime a change works wonders.
Yeah....I always felt Peterman had the potential, but probably still had to learn to deal with nerves, when he's in a big game environment.

Bajakian never let Peterman get acclimated. He could have done that by letting him play all of the 4th Qtr. in games like Austin Peah, Utah St., Ark St, UTC, and KY and the Bowl Game. He could also help Peterman grow, when putting him in, let him have a full run at the playbook, rather than handcuff him with a steady diet of running plays up the middle.

Peterman is transferring because Bajakian flat out did a poor job of developing him. He never allowed him a smooth transition.

He will have been in college for 5yrs, received both his undergrad and masters degrees and got it all paid for by someone else. Seems he will be successful in whatever he chooses to do with his life

Reactions: 2 people
He will have been in college for 5yrs, received both his undergrad and masters degrees and got it all paid for by someone else. Seems he will be successful in whatever he chooses to do with his life

Truth.

Hope he gets a shot at Pitt.

I hope he does well at Pitt. He is a great leader and great young man. Best of luck to NP.

X-ferring players affords a very unusual opportunity. You can compare what coaches have done with the same talent.

Yeah, I know the OL, WRs and RBs are different and that matters but in terms of overall productivity and "scheming to a player's strengths/opportunities", this should be interesting to watch.

I have seen Tennessee win a Natl Ch, and the good feeling lasted a day or two, and I went back to my work and my life, and nothing changed. It was a football game after all.

I think that the redemption of a quality individual, especially considering the constant bashing by certain VN posters, would make me feel good for more than a day or two.

I get what you are saying, but damn.
The actual idea of preferring another team to win an NC over seeing Tennessee win one? Well, sir, that just doesn't compute.

I get what you are saying, but damn.
The actual idea of preferring another team to win an NC over seeing Tennessee win one? Well, sir, that just doesn't compute.
I am a big believer in right and wrong. The way that VolNation's so called fans have viciously trashed one of their own, who by all accounts is a model citizen, a team player, and a fellow alum is wrong. I wish him success. He deserves it, and I bet that he goes far in life, football or not.

Reactions: 3 people
I completely understand the move, because he was not going to get an opportunity in Knoxville. He knows he just isn't on the same level as Dobbs. I wish him the best. I hope he finds his groove up there and ends up being an all-ACC QB. I don't see it happening, given how he played when he got opportunities with us. However, Pitt is getting a stand-up kid who is going to show up and give his all. I just hope his Christian faith doesn't clash too with the surprisingly liberal culture of Pitt, and make the move a negative experience for him. He's already finished his undergrad, so maybe that won't be an issue. Either way, best of luck, Nathan.

VN Store

Back