Confused about Kamara

Lol. If the staff completely catered to the players, then Jalen would be running north-south like he did in Northwestern last year. I think they did that to appease him, because yes, he was very vocal about how much he disliked the offense. He stayed, but as you can see, nothing has changed. Butch will die with this offense. It revolves around the strengths of our QB. End of story.

And yes, Alvin didn't want to run up the middle. Did he? Sometimes, but not very often. Just because I write something that people don't like or don't want to read, it doesn't make it any less true.

So the inmates are running the asylum?

You're serious, right? Jalen has to take 2 steps to the right before he can get a handoff, turn upfield and essentially get his head knocked off as soon as he gets the the LOS. Almost. Every. Damn. Time. If you haven't noticed, it's not smart running a man that size sideways. He's not a scat back nor nimble enough to pull it off (like Alvin). He does have exceptional speed for his size, but that takes a few steps to get going - like anyone else 6'4. Im very well aware of Jalen's strengths and his weaknesses.

Put his big ass 5 yards deep with a lead blocker and let him destroy people. At that point, he's built up speed, and if he does have even the smallest crease, he will bully his way to a first down almost every time. That's what he does and does very very well. Sadly, we don't have a coach that wants to do that.

After what we did exclusively in the Outback bowl last year, you would have thought that they would have at least entertained the idea a little.

Agree. Completely. With. Everything. You. Said.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You're serious, right? Jalen has to take 2 steps to the right before he can get a handoff, turn upfield and essentially get his head knocked off as soon as he gets the the LOS. Almost. Every. Damn. Time. If you haven't noticed, it's not smart running a man that size sideways. He's not a scat back nor nimble enough to pull it off (like Alvin). He does have exceptional speed for his size, but that takes a few steps to get going - like anyone else 6'4. Im very well aware of Jalen's strengths and his weaknesses.

Put his big ass 5 yards deep with a lead blocker and let him destroy people. At that point, he's built up speed, and if he does have even the smallest crease, he will bully his way to a first down almost every time. That's what he does and does very very well. Sadly, we don't have a coach that wants to do that.

After what we did exclusively in the Outback bowl last year, you would have thought that they would have at least entertained the idea a little.

More proof of what I've been saying, Jones ego will cost him this job in the end.

Reactions: 1 person

He could do it last year. I get it though, you ask me to critique my family and no way I give an unbiased take. You've said enough for me. Go vols and remember it's a team game except when Hurds fam is involved.

He could do it last year. I get it though, you ask me to critique my family and no way I give an unbiased take. You've said enough for me. Go vols and remember it's a team game except when Hurds fam is involved.

Ok, bro. Ahaha.

If he can come back and play this year and doesn't then he isn't giving his all for TN.

I understand what you're saying but I don't quite see it that way. He's injured....he ought to take the time he needs to rehab and get healthy and prepare for his future IMO.

Vol74, I think I have met you before in PCB Jalens junior year at Beech. My family was so happy (and still are) that he chose UT. Your nephew has taken some bruises and is a loyal young man. I think he will be another Arian Foster type in the NFL. (Very successful with an oline and established system). I will be pulling for him on Sundays.

With that being said, you still VFL? You just wanting Butch gone?

"My boy" is playing next week. Anything else?

So as you call him your boy, think he might show up next week and not go down by shoelace tackles? If eithe Hurd or Kamara stated what they'd do vs not do, they both should've been packed up and shipped out of Knoxville. If Kamaras hurt he doesn't play if he's healthy and don't wanna play he needs to be waiting in line to get a ticket to see game. Both these guys are really good but really good is average in the NFL

I understand what you're saying but I don't quite see it that way. He's injured....he ought to take the time he needs to rehab and get healthy and prepare for his future IMO.

Has he really done enough to show the NFL what needs to be? I am not so sure. He has played good this season, but is what he has done so far enough? Throw in an injury now and his potential stock could have dropped. Whatever he chooses, I wish him well.

So as you call him your boy, think he might show up next week and not go down by shoelace tackles? If eithe Hurd or Kamara stated what they'd do vs not do, they both should've been packed up and shipped out of Knoxville. If Kamaras hurt he doesn't play if he's healthy and don't wanna play he needs to be waiting in line to get a ticket to see game. Both these guys are really good but really good is average in the NFL

Shoelace tackles? Another full retard post. Good job.

Reactions: 3 people
As long as your boy doesn't go down at first contact and puts some points on the board it'll be all good. If not stfu and take this crap somewhere else.

Come on man. Seriously? Anybody that knows anything about football can see that Hurd is a square peg in a round hole. It's not his fault. He has given this program more than it will ever be able to give him. He came here when we were horrible and is one of the main reasons we have become a top 20 program again. Like 74 says, put a fullback in front of him and run him from the I formation and he would have 1000+ yards this year. Our O line has not played well this season for whatever reason, injuries probably have a big part to do with it. However, Hurd continues to give 110% in an offense that doesn't fit his talent. He will be a great player in the NFL.

Yes when you started typing you went full on retard

Yeah. How many times have we seen Hurd trucking guys? Dragging dudes for extra yards? Putting his head down and running over guys?

Your dumb statement makes it sound like he gets arm tackled, easily. It's demonstrably false if you just watch Hurd play.

Reactions: 2 people
For everyone that has criticized Butch Jones for not releasing injury status - you should know that it benefits players.

Hurd. Kamara. JRM. They don't want specifics released as to create speculation in the NFL draft process. That way they control the information. Not the media. Team doctors speak to team doctors.

As evidenced, go watch JRMs interview this pay week. He was asked about his injury and he said he'd rather not state what it was exactly.

Butch works for his players not the fans. I happen to like that. He knows who will keep him around. It's his team not us.
uh, yeh, that's how the NFL vets prospective draft pics. they read local papers as opposed to requirng the player to turn over medical records and go through an intense physical.

Good grief

Nope.

The injuries on the o line hurts a lot but they weren't playing consistently well at any point this season prior to the injuries. Should have been able to blow ASU off the ball easily enough and they couldn't do it as an example.

As a result, like Quick Smurf just said, this offense has gone backwards from last season.

Something else that bothers me is how many times has a back up O linemen come in for an injured one and actually play better? Maybe others could have developed Blair better idk. I hate seeing Alabama run what we use to run and should run with Dobbs, Hurd and Kamara.

Lol. If the staff completely catered to the players, then Jalen would be running north-south like he did in Northwestern last year. I think they did that to appease him, because yes, he was very vocal about how much he disliked the offense. He stayed, but as you can see, nothing has changed. Butch will die with this offense. It revolves around the strengths of our QB. End of story.

And yes, Alvin didn't want to run up the middle. Did he? Sometimes, but not very often. Just because I write something that people don't like or don't want to

read, it doesn't make it any less true.

Lol. I did not say it wasn't true. Actually said if he does let them dictate. Also, I do see your son going into the middle a lot and AK not running between the tackles as much despite success with it. With what I have seen and wondered what the heck they were doing, makes what you said even more credible. Also make kes me wonder how weak this staff is or maybe they will make sure to recruit better fits for this offense in the future.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back