Couple of crazy rumors floating around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only rumor was the extent/details of the incident. EVERY media member in the UT market was made aware something happened and they all went chasing and couldn't get anyone to talk. I'd call this an overeaggeration of events but not a complete rumor. When your job depends on convincing kids and their parents to come to your school it's probably best you don't let talk of punching people go "unresolved". The PR hit to recruits and families, rumor or not, could be a major setback if it hadn't been addressed and Butch "resolved" of wrongdoing.

It was resolved MONTHS ago and if it were not for people pissed at the 3 loses it would have NEVER been addressed. Don't come here claiming to be worried about recruiting, when you participated in keeping this bull**** alive.

Reactions: 1 person
People like you and others.

I can assure you that I don't make, and will likely never make enough to be anywhere close to a BoT meeting at UT. I would have taken a simple statement by Hart at the already scheduled press conference yesterday.

Or read your posts.....

failboat2.jpg

It was resolved MONTHS ago and if it were not for people pissed at the 3 loses it would have NEVER been addressed. Don't come here claiming to be worried about recruiting, when you participated in keeping this bull**** alive.

I kept it alive by discussing the topic? Pretty sure your ass has been in here for multiple days as well so guess you're guilty by association? Sorry I didn't dismiss it instantly based on nothing more than not wanting to believe it could happen. Sorry I see others from Butch's past post similar things and think their point of views shouldn't immediately be discredited for no reason. I don't have a hard-on for CBJ like many around here so I actually keep an open mind, think for myself and let things run their course. The unwavering support for Butch around here truly borders on cult like. No one thinks for themselves, they let the press conferences do it for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Didn't the alleged incident occur 6 weeks ago, or is there another?

I kept it alive by discussing the topic? Pretty sure your ass has been in here for multiple days as well so guess you're guilty by association? Sorry I didn't dismiss it instantly based on nothing more than not wanting to believe it could happen. Sorry I see others from Butch's past post similar things and think their point of views shouldn't immediately be discredited for no reason. I don't have a hard-on for CBJ like many around here so I actually keep an open mind, think for myself and let things run their course. The unwavering support for Butch around here truly borders on cult like. No one thinks for themselves, they let the press conferences do it for them.

I dismissed it out of hand because there was never an accusation made by a player. It has nothing to do with my support for CBJ, I just don't throw a hissy fit over rumors and think I need an explaination.

Reactions: 2 people
One thing that didn't hurt recruiting is the fact that 2014 and 2015 were two of the best crops of in state talent that we've seen. I think anyone not named Dooley who coached UT in those years was going to have excellent classes. IMO, 2016 class will be the truest indication of Jones' recruiting ability.

Auburn's looking boffo! :)

I dismissed it out of hand because there was never an accusation made by a player. It has nothing to do with my support for CBJ, I just don't throw a hissy fit over rumors and think I need an explaination.

I'm sure there would be no blackmail opportunities for a coach if a player reports them.

Butch has apparently pissed off a lot of former players then. Whether this incident happened or not, as more former players flame the fire the view to the outside world doesn't look good at this juncture. It was rumored that guys during the Dooley era "warned" recruits, that they hosted, what they would be getting into and potentially even swayed guys away. If anything remotely close to this happened or current guys feel slighted then could get interesting on the recruiting front. Excellent recruiting is our saving grace at this point.

This post lost me a little.
You said that former players could sway recruits away and would do so, evidenced by Dooley. So, if former/current players of Butch had any true complaints, no way he could have garnered back to back top classes correct? Would last years and the next 2 that are filled with talent not have been "warned' by now?

I get what you are saying but your example seems to disprove your point, not prove it?

You got it figured out. :thud:

You acting like a coach, in any situation, can't have an upper hand on an athlete is as naive as thinking Hillary knows nothing abort emails. I'm not accusing Butch of doing this; I think he and Mack are fine and have been since it occurred. But I also don't believe it's out of the realm for coaches anywhere to not wield their power over athletes.

You acting like a coach, in any situation, can't have an upper hand on an athlete is as naive as thinking Hillary knows nothing abort emails. I'm not accusing Butch of doing this; I think he and Mack are fine and have been since it occurred. But I also don't believe it's out of the realm for coaches anywhere to not wield their power over athletes.

For a coach who is supposedly so unpopular with and mistreats his players I highly doubt it.

This post lost me a little.
You said that former players could sway recruits away and would do so, evidenced by Dooley. So, if former/current players of Butch had any true complaints, no way he could have garnered back to back top classes correct? Would last years and the next 2 that are filled with talent not have been "warned' by now?

I get what you are saying but your example seems to disprove your point, not prove it?

This incident happened this year, there's no way it would've had an effect on the previous 2 classes. We've already seen 7-8 kids leave out of last year's class and several reference his treatment of players (maybe they're soft, maybe sour grapes). Now these accusations and comments from a Cincy player and CMU boards. I'm only referencing this incident and thus would only have an impact going forward, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back