Dallan Hayden one to watch

I know he's a legacy and the shiny object of the moment, but is he really going to improve the RB room? Would you trade a player or two from our current RB room or class to add him to the roster because that's likely what would happen if he joined the program.

Reactions: m1al and Vol737
Be interesting to see where this kid fits in with Small, Wright, Sampson and Keith on the way. RS Keith (?), plug in Haden and keep throwing four sets of fresh legs at defenses next year. If Milton is the guy, I can see where we would focus even more on the run and pick our spots passing to help Milton out.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I know he's a legacy and the shiny object of the moment, but is he really going to improve the RB room? Would you trade a player or two from our current RB room or class to add him to the roster because that's likely what would happen if he joined the program.

No, definitely don’t want to trade our top three. We’re in really nice shape with Small, Wright and Sampson. Haden “might” be a solid fourth in the rotation with Keith being a true freshman.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Be interesting to see where this kid fits in with Small, Wright, Sampson and Keith on the way. RS Keith (?), plug in Haden and keep throwing four sets of fresh legs at defenses next year. If Milton is the guy, I can see where we would focus even more on the run and pick our spots passing to help Milton out.
This has been my thought as well. Can we go really run heavy with our stable of backs? It’s not the same offense, but could we adjust to be heavy run like Auburn 2010? Not saying Milton is Cam at all, but why not just try to pound people and then get Joe his easy throws?

With Small getting hurt alot I would trade for him. But if he leaves OSU because of 2 other backs he is going to see the same thing here but Tennessee runs more. If I was a RB I would welcome the help that way you can extend that career. Small will be a senior next year so maybe he will come to the vols.

Reactions: Vol737
fwiw, according to the Boogie Bentley YouTube channel, AP has already shot this down as false🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: bigl3327
I’ll believe it when I see it. Can’t see this happening. We need defensive back help more than another running back.

fwiw, according to the Boogie Bentley YouTube channel, AP has already shot this down as false🤷🏻‍♂️
But then went on to say that AP could’ve been shooting down the “NIL deal” and not his intent to transfer.

AP is very close with this family. Not going to spoil anything for the kid nor is he going to fuel “rumors”.

Time will tell.

I always thought Aaron was better than James Stewart when they played together, but the best RB on at least one of those teams was Charlie Garner. Never understood why Garner was not the starter.

Reactions: 67Vol
This has been my thought as well. Can we go really run heavy with our stable of backs? It’s not the same offense, but could we adjust to be heavy run like Auburn 2010? Not saying Milton is Cam at all, but why not just try to pound people and then get Joe his easy throws?

Better have 2-3 really good OL's coming in to replace Darnell & Co. Otherwise, they ain't running it downhill that much.

Any truth to these rumors??

It’s BS. Spyre cannot and I mean cannot offer him anything until he’s in the portal. Vols cannot officially talk to him either. That said I’m sure his dad knows plenty of people in the program, if he wants to explore other opportunities I’m sure we would be interested. I’m also sure he would have a generous NIL offer comparable to anything Ohio State could offer.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Heard Swain talk about him this morning. Said he “doesn’t know anything” but said if it were him he wouldn’t be happy to only get 2 carries vs Michigan after the 2 big games he had before that

Couldn’t this just be the art of the deal…. Just release possible info to force OSU to increase NIL deal? Professional athletes, heck coaches do the same thing…. Didn’t we get used by an Oklahoma State coach once for a bump in pay?

Reactions: walkenvol

I don't know if this rumor is true or not, but I can promise you everyone in the program will deny it regardless of it's true or not. Schools cannot offer NIL deals to players, and any school caught doing so will be punished. Especially given UTs current situation, you can bet we'll be playing by the rules and not leaking any info.

I doubt there is any contact with UT coaches. What's more likely is that he and his dad could be taking to Reps from Spyre and seeing what they have to offer. That, combined with wanting more playing time could be reason enough to move.

VN Store

Back