David Blackburn on EA Show @ 10

Have you talk to Fulmer?

Yes we have talked a lot. I was with him a week ago but we haven't talked much. I think highly of cpf. We worked together there for so long. Very thankful for time with cpf.
QUOTE]

Please tell me he didn't actually say this.

chill out Dr Phil.

i think he is trying to get fan support for his AD campaign and that's why he is doing this interview

But idk how UT admin are going to feel about a play like this.

Fulmer has been politicking for the job himself through intermediaries like Kiner and through the media for weeks.

He gave his own interview to WBIR January 19th.

Don't really see a difference.

Reactions: 2 people
"if asked to interview"...WTH...he hasn't even been asked to interview yet?...:crazy:....so, why is he on fielding questions about UTK then...:blink:

GO VOLS!

"if asked to interview"...WTH...he hasn't even been asked to interview yet?...:crazy:....so, why is he on fielding questions about UTK then...:blink:

GO VOLS!

It's how the game is played. Plausible deniability always in order so neither party is embarrassed.

Reactions: 2 people
Anybody have the text of the interview?
Real surprised the people here that can't stand some of Butch's quotes didn't jump all over Blackburn's answer when the question was asked about winning.

Reactions: 1 person
Look! Did you see it? Posters already overly critical of a guy who hasn't even been interviewed yet? It's not just Butch. Fahr Blackburn!

i think he is trying to get fan support for his AD campaign and that's why he is doing this interview

But idk how UT admin are going to feel about a play like this.

No, he wasn't. He doesn't need fan support. His resume and record speaks for itself. He doesn't need to campaign. Guarantee you Ainge asked for the interview, and David granted it. End of story.

No doubt he wants the job, but it is no skin off his nose if they hire someone else. A Division-1 offer will come his way soon enough. The question is does Tennessee make the smart move or does local donor politics screw it up again?

I swear I have never seen so many dumb smart people in one place in my life.

Reactions: 4 people
I rather have Dave Blackburn as UTs AD. Then he will hire Fulmer to see over football. win win.

If they want to make the apology hire, let Fulmer do fund raising, which he has done well since he got replaced. David can oversee football on his own.

No, he wasn't. He doesn't need fan support. His resume and record speaks for itself. He doesn't need to campaign. Guarantee you Ainge asked for the interview, and David granted it. End of story.

No doubt he wants the job, but it is no skin off his nose if they hire someone else. A Division-1 offer will come his way soon enough. The question is does Tennessee make the smart move or does local donor politics screw it up again?

I swear I have never seen so many dumb smart people in one place in my life.

Then Dave Hooker asked for and was granted an interview as well.

VN Store

Back