David Blackburn on EA Show @ 10

Anybody have the text of the interview?
Real surprised the people here that can't stand some of Butch's quotes didn't jump all over Blackburn's answer when the question was asked about winning.

May be a word or two off but here is what David Blackburn said.

We talk about winning alot guys and I do not hide from that word, we believe in that word, I like that word and I'm not talking about 20-19. I'm talking winning at school and how you act when a policeman puts a ticket on your car or someone gets your order wrong at a fast food restaurant you know. How do you act, how do you behave. Those things transcend into who you recruit and then how you treat them which transcends into the classroom because they are competing in the classroom. Because the person front, back, right and left; I have a daughter in college and I'm always telling her look your going to be vying for a job one day and then that goes onto the field, quarter mapand those go together and we talk about winning alot though it's not about the score it's more about the behavior and expectations, frankly a mindset.
So you Butch cliche growlers aren't tearing this segment to shreds? Shocking.

Reactions: 2 people
Blackburn will be a good choice for the AD job for sure,but the new chancellor may pull out somebody better

let her do her job,before the fan favorites are named first ,we shall see who her first big time hire will be

Reactions: 1 person

He already addressed he does not hide from word winning, Iirc he actually said it's not "JUST", 20-19 winning meaning winning on and off field is important not just one or the other.

Reactions: 1 person
He already addressed he does not hide from word winning, Iirc he actually said it's not "JUST", 20-19 winning meaning winning on and off field is important not just one or the other.

No that paragraph definition was, champions of life. He is saying if your winning in the classroom or attitude or in life it will transcend on to the field/court you play on.

There is enough cliches in that segment for Butch to use the next five years. Cliches don't bother me, just pointing out the hypocrisy around here.

Reactions: 4 people
i think he is trying to get fan support for his AD campaign and that's why he is doing this interview

But idk how UT admin are going to feel about a play like this.

Thought same but I think Fulmer has also spoken out in same way. Maybe wrong.

Fulmer put out during previous openings that he wanted the HC job though, so he has also made play for public pressure on UT, which is fine.

I am starting to think that Blackburn is a long shot for him to do an interview like this, seems like last ditch attempt. May be wrong, I don't know.

No that paragraph definition was, champions of life. He is saying if your winning in the classroom or attitude or in life it will transcend on to the field/court you play on.

There is enough cliches in that segment for Butch to use the next five years. Cliches don't bother me, just pointing out the hypocrisy around here.

There is a lot of that on here.

Butt hurt Butch followers are funny. Did I miss where Blackburn said something as stupid as "5* hearts", or "Champions of Life", or did he go on and on about our numerous "bowl championships"? If Butch's corny clichés aren't sad enough, he follows that up by his game day coaching blunders. Its embarrassing really.

Having said that, I haven't been crying for him to lose his job. I want him to succeed here because he genuinely seems to care. This year will say a lot about Butch. I hope he simply shuts up, wins, and actually makes it through the season without making any complete bonehead in game decisions.

Bottom line, don't be such a Butch fan that you cant see or acknowledge the obvious flaws he needs to overcome.

Last edited:
Why is it some feel the need to dissect EVERY word someone says, use that to create a half ass psychological profile, use that 'profile' to analyze those words and then give a half ass analysis of what the person said?

Some of you do it with a SINGLE friggin sentence..

It's absolutely ridiculous but very entertaining..

Party on Freuds....

Reactions: 3 people
I think the whole "Just hire Blackburn" thing has taken off viral.

I know little about the guy and don't see what all the hoopla is about him being a can't miss. He was here when things were in decline and I wouldn't view UTC as any big challenge. They've been doing well before he arrived.

His interview was even less impressive. Unless you like the old hem and haw.

I think the whole "Just hire Blackburn" thing has taken off viral.

I know little about the guy and don't see what all the hoopla is about him being a can't miss. He was here when things were in decline and I wouldn't view UTC as any big challenge. They've been doing well before he arrived.

His interview was even less impressive. Unless you like the old hem and haw.

I'm a little more impressed than you but even more importantly, he's a UT product so we wouldn't have to listen to that same old whine every time something happens. Same with Fulmer. Vacation from "Bama Dave" and "Clemson Mike". :pinch:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back