Delete

...If reports comes to fruition.

While Kentucky has replaced their coach with consecutive losing seasons with a Final Four coach, Tennessee will replace a coach with four twenty-win seasons with a coach that has coached in Division 1 ONE YEAR and lost in the NCAA tournament to their new coach by 43 points that year.

Good luck explaining that to recruits!
Or we could keep the same coach and have her brag about her record against ranked teams. Oh, that won’t work will it?

Reactions: gule and Exiled
Barney will need to hire a men's basketball coach too, but much like the Calipari hire, the decision will be made by the K Fund Trustee, Barney will just sign the paper and if the process breaks down, Barney may get sacked as well and we'll see where he ends up,

Reactions: Voltopia
The 'Fire the Coach' crowd that thought that our 'Storied Program' recruited itself is about to get a rude awakening if the rumors are true.

I assume you'll all be lining up to buy season tickets and contributing to the new Volunteer Club support for women's basketball.
I'm not aware of a single person who posted both that they wanted Kellie replaced and also that "our 'Storied Program' recruited itself." Much less a "crowd" that posted both. Always tilting at windmills.

While Kentucky has replaced their coach with consecutive losing seasons with a Final Four coach, Tennessee will replace a coach with four twenty-win seasons with a coach that has coached in Division 1 ONE YEAR and lost in the NCAA tournament to their new coach by 43 points that year.

What's your point.

She must have given a couple of great interviews. I think the Heupel hire taught us to have a little trust.
You?
Same. Everyone wants the best we can get. Sounds like DW tried with Gottlieb, then went with the hotshot up and comer. His style, and he hasn’t whiffed yet.

Reactions: luthervol

You know that Tennessee will get the biggest and last laugh. She run the type basket program that recruits love. Recruiting will be much better than it has been in years. Look at the last three years of recruiting and you will realize why our programs in a down swing.

You know that Tennessee will get the biggest and last laugh. She run the type basket program that recruits love. Recruiting will be much better than it has been in years. Look at the last three years of recruiting and you will realize why our programs in a down swing.
That's my feeling as well. She's modernizing the gamestyle and not just trying to recreate the good ol' days of Pat like a cruise ship tribute act with the expected relative performance.

This is very closed-minded. I suspect that recruits will withhold judgment until she has filled out the roster and coached a few games.

Reactions: BisonVol

Quit trolling, bruh. You're boring us.

Mitch is a funny guy! 😅
200w.gif

Those saying one to two more years seem to be the problem.
The lack of a portal exodus since the change tells me either the Kellie stans are lying about the state of our NIL, or there’s been a new wave of contributions since the change.

Reactions: Voluble2
The 'Fire the Coach' crowd that thought that our 'Storied Program' recruited itself is about to get a rude awakening if the rumors are true.

I assume you'll all be lining up to buy season tickets and contributing to the new Volunteer Club support for women's basketball.
Yes I will, thank you.

Not to mention that Danny White said that he sought input from the players before making the decision to fire Kellie.
Source? First I've heard this.

He said he sought input on what they looked for in a new coach after he fired KJH, which is a standard formality in every leadership change. Also said the players were the first he told about the new hire, also standard procedure.

I've never heard that statement. He did ask the team what type of coach they would like to have coaching them after Kellie was let go. Not before. Big difference.

Any AD who pays serious attention to the what the players want is on the wrong track, to put it politely. White did this with soccer and....dumb move.

VN Store

Back