Delete

Any AD who pays serious attention to the what the players want is on the wrong track, to put it politely. White did this with soccer and....dumb move.
Input is never a bad thing. I agree that you don't let them make the decision, but you do take their input into consideration unless you don't mind every player hitting the portal. These are young women and if you think you can ignore them and not ask for input, it's not going to go well. Making them feel unimportant and ignored is a sure fire way for it not to work.

...If reports comes to fruition.

While Kentucky has replaced their coach with consecutive losing seasons with a Final Four coach, Tennessee will replace a coach with four twenty-win seasons with a coach that has coached in Division 1 ONE YEAR and lost in the NCAA tournament to their new coach by 43 points that year.

Good luck explaining that to recruits!
WE AREN'T MARSHALL coming soon to a theatre near you.

Brooks made it out of the first weekend one time in 21 seasons.
Caldwell won her conference championship in 7 out of 8 seasons.

Not sure how this is supposed to be backwards.
Obviously there's the huge disparity in levels of competition when comparing post season success.

But more importantly to me is the ability to bring high quality players with the new coach and the recruiting experience he has at D1 level. KY already has a core that leapfrogged them way ahead of where they were when the coaching change was made.

Obviously there's the huge disparity in levels of competition when comparing post season success.

But more importantly to me is the ability to bring high quality players with the new coach and the recruiting experience he has at D1 level. KY already has a core that leapfrogged them way ahead of where they were when the coaching change was made.
I will remain super skeptical of this hire until I see her recruit some quality portal and high school players, but until then I feel like Charlotte from Little Women with no prospects, no money, and a lot of fear 😂

There is a big disparity in levels of competition. But she had the same level of talent as her opponent.
With a team picked to finish 9th in her conference, she went 17-1 in conference play last year.

I have seen people complain that anyone could win at the D2 level, but it's not like she had SEC level talent and was beating D2 level opponents.
With approximately equal talent, she's winning 87% of her games.

The only question I have is can she recruit upper level SEC talent, and that remains to be seen.

IMG_1710.jpeg

I am an Inside-outer. That, in case you plebeians didn't know it,

is a big deal.

I know stuff, Trust me.

I have sat within spitting distance of the AD himself on more than one occasion because I am a big deal.

I have seen the former LV wbb head coach in action at social events, and she used the right fork for the brandied strawberries. Yes, I know which is the correct implement because I am in Inside-outer. And a Big Deal.

So that you now fully appreciate my impeccable inside-outer credentials, I will tell you two Great Truths. First and foremost and in primary leading position, Kellie ain't going nowheres. She’s our coach now and next year. Bank on it!

Second, we are and have been losing top recruits due to an insufficiency of NIL moolah. Kids that want to come here are getting bought by other schools. I know this from first hand experience, but of course I cannot and will not reveal names or dollar amounts because that is privileged, secret inside-outer information and it's private. Trust me. I don't get this innermost inside-outside stuff wrong, Ever!

I even know the actual current present emotional state of the UK AD, and what it will be when the future arrives. Trust me.l

200w.gif

Reactions: knoxvol52
View attachment 633894

I am an Inside-outer. That, in case you plebeians didn't know it,

is a big deal.

I know stuff, Trust me.

I have sat within spitting distance of the AD himself on more than one occasion because I am a big deal.

I have seen the former LV wbb head coach in action at social events, and she used the right fork for the brandied strawberries. Yes, I know which is the correct implement because I am in Inside-outer. And a Big Deal.

So that you now fully appreciate my impeccable inside-outer credentials, I will tell you two Great Truths. First and foremost and in primary leading position, Kellie ain't going nowheres. She’s our coach now and next year. Bank on it!

Second, we are and have been losing top recruits due to an insufficiency of NIL moolah. Kids that want to come here are getting bought by other schools. I know this from first hand experience, but of course I cannot and will not reveal names or dollar amounts because that is privileged, secret inside-outer information and it's private. Trust me. I don't get this innermost inside-outside stuff wrong, Ever!

I even know the actual current present emotional state of the UK AD, and what it will be when the future arrives. Trust me.l
Although in blue font, it’s pretty accurate.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Kentucky is asking Pope to take on a hard job under circumstances likely to make his task more difficult.

Even with all that, there are some things Kentucky backers should keep in mind:

After Roy Williams stepped down as North Carolina head man, the Tar Heels elevated an assistant, Hubert Davis, with no head-coaching experience.

When Mike Krzyzewski hung up his whistle at Duke, the Blue Devils replaced him with an assistant, Jon Scheyer, who had never been a college head coach.

Following the end of Jim Boeheim’s long reign as Syracuse coach, the Orange turned to an assistant, Adrian Autry, who had never been a college head man.

Does any or all of this make Mr. Barnhart laugh, or cry, or smile?

Should we care, or just leave it in the very able hands of very own Insider?

IMG_1712.jpeg

Reactions: VolBall09
what’s funny is our hire has drummed up WAY more talk than Kentucky and not in a bad way.

So far Kentucky is VaTech 2.0 probably looking at a first round exit and about 7th at best in the SEC.

what’s funny is our hire has drummed up WAY more talk than Kentucky and not in a bad way.

So far Kentucky is VaTech 2.0 probably looking at a first round exit and about 7th at best in the SEC.
Yeah and he still needs a roster

Pg Amoore
Sg Tyler
G
Pf
P Strack

Bench: Brooks, Rowe

I don’t think he will get any of the others to come back and he basically kicked off his likely scrimmage team…

Will need at least 5 more players from the portal just to run 5v5 probably wants 7-10. So they are a total tossup. I think if he kept Petty, Scherr, Jenkins, Miles, and Russell we wouldn’t be having this convo. That would be a good 10 with room to add

Also very interesting only 2 VT players followed him here plus his daughter…

So it doesn’t mean if we hired some “big name” they would bring their roster…

Was already very speculated JuJu would’ve stayed west

Also very interesting only 2 VT players followed him here plus his daughter…

So it doesn’t mean if we hired some “big name” they would bring their roster…

Was already very speculated JuJu would’ve stayed west

I truly don’t think he was as popular with his players as some people would have you believe. For years they had issues with drama in the program, players leaving mid season, etc. Even before that was relatively common the last few seasons.

There have been numerous allegations over the years of him playing favorites with players.

I truly don’t think he was as popular with his players as some people would have you believe. For years they had issues with drama in the program, players leaving mid season, etc. Even before that was relatively common the last few seasons.

There have been numerous allegations over the years of him playing favorites with players.
Yeah the twitter rumors are wild…

He still hasn’t made a “Thank You, VT” leaving statement… just not a good look leaving as soon as your team loses to Baylor and in KY coaches office the next day 🙃

WHAT A HIRE FOR MARSHALL!!!!!

Omgggg wow. A woman who has lost in over 2 years 2 straight NAIA nattys and undefeated seasons

Wow

Yeah and he still needs a roster

Pg Amoore
Sg Tyler
G
Pf
P Strack

Bench: Brooks, Rowe

I don’t think he will get any of the others to come back and he basically kicked off his likely scrimmage team…

Will need at least 5 more players from the portal just to run 5v5 probably wants 7-10. So they are a total tossup. I think if he kept Petty, Scherr, Jenkins, Miles, and Russell we wouldn’t be having this convo. That would be a good 10 with room to add
I believe his top incoming freshman (Lexi Blue - highest rated recruit ever) and a previously committed transfer to VTech (Amelia Hassett) are both following him to Kentucky. There's also the incoming freshman from Hamilton Heights who hasn't yet decommited. So he's got a good core there along the previously announced players. He just needs to start recruiting some depth.

A good coach wins against his/her peers. Kim has done that better than anyone in the last 6-7 years. It will continue.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back