Depth Chart for Bowling Green?

Well, there's a way to solve the controversy: "start" 14 guys on offense and 16 on defense.

Both Crowder and Thomas starting at C, both Thomas and Kendrick starting at RT. Guess we'll have to wait until the first snap of Saturday's game to find out who the no-joke, original-definition starters are at those two positions. :)

Same at DT: keep an eye on the field to find out which two of Williams, O'Brien and Vickers get the actual start. Here, it means a lot less, because there is just so much rotation among these guys from play to play. More honorary than anything. So it's nice to include all 3.

But holy moly, willya lookit that? Jauan Jennings gets the start over Von Pearson at WR!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to be Captain Obvious here, but the depth chart this week will be largely different come next week once we get to the actual meat of our schedule. This is going to be fairly vanilla so as to not give OK too much to study on.

I know and I agree with your sentiments in regards to Butch's beef with Kendrick. Was just letting you know that according to Mathews, it appears Butch is letting go of the hate for Kendrick, lol. He says he'll start at RT...thank God. We'll see.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Jumper wow

According to Thig he plays with great energy, is a hard hitter, is a leader and can get guys lined up because he's been in the program 2 years and understands the schemes. Is he a placeholder until DKJr is ready, probably. But until that moment comes, if it comes, let's give Jumper his due.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm gonna be honest that's a confusing format. I'm still not sure who is starting at WR.

I'm good with them showing 4 WRs...that just means we'll use '10 personnel' formations (1 RB, no TE) often enough that all four WRs merit a "starter" tag. Of course, sometimes they gotta show our first string RB and first string TE as starters, too, because they'll be in the game a whole lot (probably including the first play of the game). So that pushes it up to 12 starters. Makes sense.

Having 14 starters with 2 C and 2 RT is a little out on the wild side, though. :)

Best I can figure, here's how that 14+16 translates into a real two-deep. When two guys were listed for the same position (e.g., Center) I went with the one listed first. Sorry, Mack's dad! When no backup was listed at all, I included one (e.g., Jancek as Ashford's backup at ST-H).

2-Deep%20BGSU_1.png

(includes 12 on O (4 WRs+RB+TE) and 12 on D (4-3 and nickel builds)

According to Thig he plays with great energy, is a hard hitter, is a leader and can get guys lined up because he's been in the program 2 years and understands the schemes. Is he a placeholder until DKJr is ready, probably. But until that moment comes, if it comes, let's give Jumper his due.

I saw his story and I'm 100% on board. Just surprising to see it happen

@JimmyHyams: UT senior C Mack Crowder (12 career starts) missed practice Monday, upset he won’t start v. Bowling Green. He will return to practice today

@JimmyHyams: UT senior C Mack Crowder (12 career starts) missed practice Monday, upset he won’t start v. Bowling Green. He will return to practice today

My sources are telling me that it's no big deal, he just had to skip practice to help his kinfolk search for MockingVol and give a good ole country tail-whoopin'

@rockytopinsider: Jancek estimated that Kahlil McKenzie & Shy Tuttle will play 10-20 snaps each vs. Bowling Green.

VN Store

Back