Derek Mason refuses to say Tennessee in press conference.

I truly think Mason is grossly unaware of the scene he'll face Saturday. When he comes out of the tunnel at game time and sees 30k+ in Orange he'll realize the uphill battle he has in this state with that program.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care what they say; I care what we do on the field.

We could play flat like we did against UF... we could issue a beatdown like we did against UK.... or we could let them toy with us then mount a comeback. You just never know how this team is going to play.

Butch: SAY IT! SAY MY SCHOOL'S NAME!!!

Mason: IT'S UT IT'S UT!!

Butch: NO, THAT'S NOT IT SPELL IT OUT!!

Mason: THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, IT'S THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!! PLEASE TAKE YOUR 3RD STRING OUT NOW!!!!

on another note, do we even have a third string this year?

18 players are out due to injury or suspension not counting the players that are currently redshirting, SO probably not would be the answer to your question.

If you say Tennessee 3 times in the mirror Butch Jones appears and stabs you in the face.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
He should just start referring to every team they play this way.

Tennessee: The team from the east.
Alabama: The team from the south.
South Carolina: The team from the southeast.

etc...

"Derek Mason refuses to say Tennessee in press conference"

Because it worked so well for Gerry DiNardo, who lost all four games he coached at Vandy against the Vols by a combined total of 201 - 39.

This is terrible. He is going to motivate our team even further. What will all the negaVols do if we become bowl eligible?

Put a Billboard up next to his house with Middle Tennessee Volunteer Players on it!

Won't say it and won't be living in Tennessee for long either unless he takes a HS coaching job. He is beyond horrible and has no business being the head coach of an SEC team. Even Vandy, who should be scraping the bottom of the barrel for coaches, deserves better than him.

For everyone that didn't want to go to the link....

2v8fpnd.jpg

Last edited:
That worked so well for Gerry DiNardo

He even ran a couple of kids off from their Bell Buckle practice facility for wearing orange ponchos while watching their practice in the rain.

If I remember correctly they came back and vandalized the place that night.....

VN Store

Back