Do you agree with this?

A completely silly take. Heupel had many years of major-college experience--as a player, and as a coach at Arizona, Utah State, Oklahoma (multiple years, co-offensive coordinator), Missouri (OC), Central Florida. Caldwell has zero major experience of any kind--and only 1 year of low mid-major experience. Heupel was not a reach, but Caldwell is. I'm also not going to jump on the Heupel/offensive guru or White/AD wizard bandwagons. I'm going to wait to see how the Vols fare over the next few years before coming to any sort of judgment about both. I follow the soccer program--and White seems to have botched that hire--and Caldwell is a major roll of the dice. I'm not knocking Caldwell--just stating the facts of her background. I hope she succeeds.
Yes, those are the sobering risks. I hope she eliminates them in the next 2 years.

I just wonder if throwing a blank check at Staley was ever thought about. I would imagine our resources are superior to USC’s

A completely silly take. Heupel had many years of major-college experience--as a player, and as a coach at Arizona, Utah State, Oklahoma (multiple years, co-offensive coordinator), Missouri (OC), Central Florida. Caldwell has zero major experience of any kind--and only 1 year of low mid-major experience. Heupel was not a reach, but Caldwell is. I'm also not going to jump on the Heupel/offensive guru or White/AD wizard bandwagons. I'm going to wait to see how the Vols fare over the next few years before coming to any sort of judgment about both. I follow the soccer program--and White seems to have botched that hire--and Caldwell is a major roll of the dice. I'm not knocking Caldwell--just stating the facts of her background. I hope she succeeds.

Agree - just keep in mind you are not supposed to question what DW says though.

I just wonder if throwing a blank check at Staley was ever thought about. I would imagine our resources are superior to USC’s
Do you think in Year 18 of Pat's career at Tennessee that another university could have lured her away with money?

I don't. Tennessee was Pat and Pat was Tennessee. No job or blank check would have ever lured her away.

I also know that, in Year 18 after having started from the bottom and climbed to the top, Dawn Staley is South Carolina's Pat. Staley is deeply connected to the community, the university and the state as THE face of women's basketball.

She gave birth to that program. Dawn has plenty of money already. Some things are more important than money -- like legacy.

VN Store

Back