Don't care what you say, Vandy played incredible...

And I still don't care to listen to anything being discussed during play other than the game itself. Maybe I'm the outlier and most folks like their games interrupted with other topics?
Yes take 1/3 of screen to softball interview a baseball player, Jimmy D is a huge POS SEC is stuck with him...…. GO VOLS

Reactions: LibertyVol
So far this has happened to Tennessee only once.
Yeah... I was speaking in general terms of course....I would love to have that headline about the Vols EVER YEAR for sure. Being number one is a rare bird for any team for sure.

Tennessee has been running the same defense for several years. It’s pretty well suited to our players. The problem is, there is a ton of tape for good opposing coaches to look foe where we are weak. Bryce Drew and Avery Johnson essentially found the same weakness.

When you force us to make 1 switch with 5, and then don’t allow us to switch back (normally by isolating that side of the court) we are in by far our weakest set. You can’t expect our 1 to guard whatever big he just switched to, and Alexander is a step too slow to guard the 1 or 2. Basically you end up with either a quick look over the top to a big man being defended by a guard, or you end up with a shooter guarded by Alexander whose perimeter defense isn’t great. They either get another screen to open 3 or hit the pick and roll to open mid range.

Barnes adjusted in both games by moving our perimeter out, which gives us another half second for help to adjust to the ball as it comes inside. However what both Vandy and Bama did was then run the exact same offense again on our now collapsed defense. That resulted in essentially the same looks as there were in the first half, but they were late in the shot clock.

Basically, what we saw on both games were two very disciplined teams run an offensive set designed to exploit what is normally a very good defense. We’ve seen it in most games this year, but either the team didn’t have the talent or shooting to fully run it, or we played well enough on offense to stay ahead.

Last two games our offense has been the problem, the defense is working reasonably well. No defense in the world can do anything about bad or contested shots going in.

I would certainly defer to Barnes experience here, but I feel like if we would switch between zone and man a little more often, and run an easy 3/4 pressure it might keep opposing offenses out of rhythm since they are essentially running one play against our man defense. The zone/man switching will force them to play two very different offensive sets, and the 3/4 pressure will eat some shot clock.

Anyway...just my two cents.
I believe Dale Brown took LSU to a final four with some defensive changing every so often. Spot on.

Drew is a class act. Vandy will be scary good in the future.

Lol class act? He walked right by Grant Williams in the handshake line. Didn’t shake his hand, didn’t look at him, no “great game,” nothing. And this is after whining and waving his arms and carrying on all game.

And a basketball genius, lemme tell ya. “Defense keep rebounding! Offense, keep shooting the ball!” Lmaooooo Wooden reincarnated.

Vandy played great in spite of him.

I would like to thank the team for not losing to Vanderbilt a few days after gaining the #1 ranking. THANKS! Vanderbilt played way over their heads hitting 50% from 3, they wanted it bad. It was a war. The thought of losing to them is at this point in time was unthinkable.

Reactions: VolZen
Vandy played like they were top 5 or 6 in the SEC but our defense was poor most of the game we started playing decent defense the last 5 minutes and played decent in the OT, BUT VANDY HAS SOME DECENT PLAYER'S AND THEY PLAYED A VERY GOOD GAME, but this is what we are going to get everybody top game like tomorrow WV CAN AND WILL BEAT US IF WE DON'T bring our A game ask KANSAS.

Totally agree. After a day of reflection, defeating them in this fashion absolutely hurts way worse than if we had run them out of their gym. It just feels......good. I see the pain on the faces of their fans here at work in Nashville. I am fairly confident we will run them out of our gym in a few weeks.

I would like to thank the team for not losing to Vanderbilt a few days after gaining the #1 ranking. THANKS! Vanderbilt played way over their heads hitting 50% from 3, they wanted it bad. It was a war. The thought of losing to them is at this point in time was unthinkable.

Reactions: lynnh
Can't tell you how many times I've seen Duke do this to a lesser team. I be on edge of my seat thinking Dukes going down but they somehow pull most out.
No matter the sport, a good team finds ways to win. It's in their DNA. Bad teams (LV: hint, hint) know how to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Reactions: sechamp2012
Lol class act? He walked right by Grant Williams in the handshake line. Didn’t shake his hand, didn’t look at him, no “great game,” nothing. And this is after whining and waving his arms and carrying on all game.

And a basketball genius, lemme tell ya. “Defense keep rebounding! Offense, keep shooting the ball!” Lmaooooo Wooden reincarnated.

Vandy played great in spite of him.

Okay....

Attachments

• DxtU9K1UwAAcczk.jpg
    DxtU9K1UwAAcczk.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 13

VN Store

Back