Don't overreact or over analyze this loss

No doubt. Doesn't mean they aren't talented, or that it was a bad loss or something for us to be embarrassed about.

I'm embarrassed.

Anytime you are the opponent's best win it should raise a flag at least somewhat.

Not saying it doesn't happen but that to me is a bad sign. Signals that it was a game you should have won.

I'm embarrassed.

Anytime you are the opponent's best win it should raise a flag at least somewhat.

Not saying it doesn't happen but that to me is a bad sign. Signals that it was a game you should have won.

We had a chance to win it. But, we were underdogs on the road in conference. Not earth-shattering, and nearly every metric for determining team and schedule strength disagrees with your implication that it's a bad loss. BigZiti09 Embarrassment Scale isn't an NCAAT Selection Committee recognized matrix.

I think Tennessee failed to take advantage of their obvious quickness advantage, especially among the big guys Alexander and Walker. Even though Mizzou is bigger, they are much slower with their foot speed and I think alexander and walker could have easily made up the scoring difference if the focus would have been more 1-1 play down low instead of high ball screens and jacking up 3s by 6 ft guards...

We had a chance to win it. But, we were underdogs on the road in conference. Not earth-shattering, and nearly every metric for determining team and schedule strength disagrees with your implication that it's a bad loss. BigZiti09 Embarrassment Scale isn't an NCAAT Selection Committee recognized matrix.

Right. I don’t let metrics and formulas tell me what is and isn’t good. Like Bill B says....”stats are for losers.”

I'm embarrassed.

We will see how it at all shakes out, but they could easily be 5-0 in conference. They remind me of A&M with great talent down low. Difference is that we shot 10 more FT's against A&M and outrebounded them. The other numbers were pretty similar.

I'm embarrassed.

It also means we are a good team. Two sides to that coin.

Right. I don’t let metrics and formulas tell me what is and isn’t good. Like Bill B says....”stats are for losers.”

So why is it a bad loss? Other than we had a chance to win. You could say that about 5 of our losses. You've admitted they are talented. It was an SEC road game, where nothing is a gimme.

The answer is that you don't like Cuonzo Martin, you like Rick Barnes even less maybe, and you think a loss to a Cuonzo-coached team is inexcusable, regardless of talent level or game venue.

I'm sorry, but no logical person would call that a bad loss for our resumé. You saying it is doesn't make it so.

I'd agree it was moot point if we had lost by 10. But in a one possession game, I can't help but think what if about the decision not to use a TO in the 1st half.

If we re reaching back to midway thru the first half in a eventual 1 possesion game over a timeout not being called its moot either way. There are several plays you can do that with. In any game.

It being a 10 point game shouldn't have matter in principle.

So why is it a bad loss? Other than we had a chance to win. You could say that about 5 of our losses. You've admitted they are talented. It was an SEC road game, where nothing is a gimme.

The answer is that you don't like Cuonzo Martin, you like Rick Barnes even less maybe, and you think a loss to a Cuonzo-coached team is inexcusable, regardless of talent level or game venue.

I'm sorry, but no logical person would call that a bad loss for our resumé. You saying it is doesn't make it so.

It's a bad loss in my book.

If we re reaching back to midway thru the first half in a eventual 1 possesion game over a timeout not being called its moot either way. There are several plays you can do that with. In any game.

It being a 10 point game shouldn't have matter in principle.

We aren't going to agree on the topic. You can keep pleading your case, or just agree to disagree with me on the issue.

Too hard to just say...hey I was wrong, he’s done a nice job and has them almost certainly heading to the dance.

They were a ten seed last I saw. Nothing certain about that especially with that guy coaching. They will have a 4 or 5 game losing streak pretty soon. Mark it down.

Only saying that cause you disagree.

It's a bad loss in my book. :hi:

Exactly. No one else agrees, and your book doesn't matter to anyone but you. If overblowing SEC road losses in your book is your thing, I won't stop you. Enjoy misery.

VN Store

Back