Don't understand Volnations obsession with..

If you Can Run obviously the defense closes in trying to eliminate the Run.... Of course when they do that what would happen for us in regards to being able to throw.....??? Heloooooo

So I have realized from this thread that the OP has gotten his football strategy from playing too much Madden.

Reactions: 1 person
VNs love of running the football is the same as their love of the "power play".

It's all based in some archaic belief that it's more manly to force your will on another group of young men by ramming balls down their throat, or something gay like that.

VN posters love to claim that zone teams aren't physical and that we should run power. When in fact, most of them couldn't tell you what a power play is, they just like the sound of it.

It's the same with running the football. It just sounds more masculine to them.

Yes, I am gay for winning.

Can you provide some examples? Because I have no clue what you are talking about.

Do you just sit around and wait for new threads to pop up? Last 3 threads I've looked at, you're the first comment. Gotta get those "likes" up I guess.

We are not Arkansas or Alabama we are Tennessee we have a history of having great Recievers and quarterbacks. Pounding the rock and controlling the clock is not our style bUTch has told you that before. We have a physical offense but he wants to get as many snaps on offense as possible and wants to throw the football around a little also

Well that's not good because that's not how you win championships. If you cannot control the line of scrimmage you cannot beat elite teams with the consistency youy need to be a champion. Period. End of story. Tale as old as time. From HS to the pros. It's the reason why Tom Brady has 4 SB rings and Peyton has one. It's the reason why Texas Tech's greatest acheivement is getting smashed by Ole Miss in the Cotton Bowl.

Don't be a retard. A passing game is valuable, but it's never a sure thing. A running game is simple, takes less to recruit for, and a good running back is easier to find than a good QB.

Running the football. it seems like I've seen hundreds of comments and threads about how we have to pound the Rock every game and how all we have to do is run on this team or that team to win and saying things like if we could run every down to win I would. What about all these sick athletes we have at WR? And Dobbs can throw! we need to have a 50 50 balanced attack or maybe even close to 55 45 pass run with these WR we have. If we can get a balanced attack going it could be top 3 in the SEC for sure and it would do nothing but HELP the Oline!

I was under the impression that when people said "if we can run the ball we will win" it was due to the fact that we were one dimensional, in terms of passing, and needed to be able to run to provide a balanced attack. I don't recall anything about always running or predominantly running the ball. I always took the need to focus on the run game between matches as a sign that we were unbalanced in the way of passing.

With that being said I am sure I have missed someone going on about some crazy idea but I am speaking about what I have seen as the majority. I assume this thread would not have been created just because one dude said X....

VN Store

Back