Enjoy it while it lasts

I still fish, golf, run, cook out, etc on game days. It's just something else to do on a Saturday.

Bill, thank you for your service. You can cook out (cause we all have to eat). Otherwise, keep your eye on football.

I grow a ton of tomatoes. Have to. Got a 6 year old that'll eat his weight in em...and I'd put my wife's banana pudding up against anybodies.

Got me on your mom. I'm still blessed to have both my parents and can't imagine life without em. So sorry for your loss.

Thanks. It's a massive amount of suck.

My 21 year old used to eat tomatoes like apples when he was little. One year I planted cherry tomatoes in this little wagon thing. They were producing like nobody's business for about a week. Then nothing. I could not figure out what was going on. Til I caught him out there one day, picking them off and eating them like grapes. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks. It's a massive amount of suck.

My 21 year old used to eat tomatoes like apples when he was little. One year I planted cherry tomatoes in this little wagon thing. They were producing like nobody's business for about a week. Then nothing. I could not figure out what was going on. Til I caught him out there one day, picking them off and eating them like grapes. :lol:

Lol...I've caught my son doing the same thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Bill, thank you for your service. You can cook out (cause we all have to eat). Otherwise, keep your eye on football.

Nah, I'll still get up for my sunrise round of golf. And probably fish afterwards if Tennessee plays a day game. Depends on who else is playing.

Oh my lord, my husband and I have already had this discussion.

OK, you don't count today, and you don't count Thursday (you wake up and it's game day). That leaves Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Count on your fingers like I made him do. It's eight.

I can't wait another nine days! I can barely wait eight!

Disagree. You don't count today, that's true. But you do count the day OF. It's 9 days until game day.

Oh my lord, my husband and I have already had this discussion.

OK, you don't count today, and you don't count Thursday (you wake up and it's game day). That leaves Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Count on your fingers like I made him do. It's eight.

I can't wait another nine days! I can barely wait eight!

Do you guys tailgate, because I'd bet money on how fun you guys would be.

Reactions: 1 person
This will be the VOLS to the CFB world, after our last few years, when the season starts...

i7jbVR3.gif

Ahhh, Wendy Peffercorn! I would've had the exact same look on my face! :)

No you don't. And no it's not.

Enjoy and don't take anything for granted. I will travel up for the Florida, Mizzou and Vandy games and my family is thrilled. Good news, when we play in Tampa, there are a few of us that only have to travel a couple of miles! Can't wait to hear that first kick off. We enjoy Bob Kesling, but (as I show my age), there is still the nostalgic side of me that still hears John Ward say, "It is Football time in Tennessee." I was born the same year John Ward passed on Law School and became the voice of the Vols, so yes, I'm old, but I'm very excited about our guys!

Reactions: 4 people
Enjoy and don't take anything for granted. I will travel up for the Florida, Mizzou and Vandy games and my family is thrilled. Good news, when we play in Tampa, there are a few of us that only have to travel a couple of miles! Can't wait to hear that first kick off. We enjoy Bob Kesling, but (as I show my age), there is still the nostalgic side of me that still hears John Ward say, "It is Football time in Tennessee." I was born the same year John Ward passed on Law School and became the voice of the Vols, so yes, I'm old, but I'm very excited about our guys!
It's a great time to be a Tennessee fan isn't it?? We've had a few hard years.

Reactions: 2 people
Eight days from now you're gonna wake up and it's gonna be game day.

No more free Saturdays to catch up your to-do list. Or take the kids on an outing. Plan a day of fishing, or hiking, or camping, or anything else we do during the off season. And even though we don't play on the first Saturday, we still need to know what "they" do.

No more Monday mornings talking about what idiot politicians did over the weekend, or what movie you saw, what concert you went to, what you accomplished. Nobody cares.

No more speculating. No more praying. No more wishing, or hoping, or wondering.

No more being polite (or civil) to a gator, a dawg, a tiger, a bammer (even if you're related). In eight days, it's time to start hatin'!!!

No more waiting. In eight days IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!

I hate Bammers, Gators & commode doors all year round!

VN Store

Back