ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

3 missed FGs and a dropped TD by Kelly.

Another armchair OP post. You sir are inexcusable.

A lot of the playcalling, general lack of football fundamentals and bad decisions are what led to long, low % FGs. Yes, they shouldn't have all been missed, but there should be no problem putting blame on the staff for the garbage performances that are consistently put on the field.

More proof that Tennessee is no place for on the job training for mediocre mid-major coaches.

Glad to see so many coming around to the reality of the situation.

Good recruiter, nice caretaker, horrible game coach. I feel awful for the players....they were set up to fail by this staff.

Reactions: 1 person
We can only hope. He blew this game. No one else. All the bad things that happen, we still should have won. Not 1 run with 1:46 seconds left with 1st and goal from the 6. Why would we leave any time on the clock unless we scored a TD on a 1st down run? Bad coaching. We shouldn't have to fire him. He should quit and not take a penny of this years salary.
It was like the Seattle v Patriots Superbowl. We literally have Marshawn Lynch in the backfield on 1st and goal from the five and we're dropping back to pass ?! C'mon man!!!! Kelly was unstoppable in the 2nd half!

I wish I could like so many posts in this thread.

This was absolutely and completely on the coaches.

If he does not own that post game, he should be gone

Players play. Didn't see butch miss the kicks or drop a give me TD.

No disrespect to Kelly he was a beast today.

No, just no. The play calling in the red zone today should be enough to get him fired. If not that, the cover 2 on the final play of the game. If you support that rubbish at this point, you're delusional.

Players play. Didn't see butch miss the kicks or drop a give me TD.

No disrespect to Kelly he was a beast today.

Reapeatadly, year after year, game after game mistake after mistake costing a talented team another win. Stop blaming the players and put it on who is not preparing them well enough to win.

More proof that Tennessee is no place for on the job training for mediocre mid-major coaches.

Good recruiter, nice caretaker, horrible game coach. I feel awful for the players....they were set up to fail by this staff.

Unfortunately you are completely correct. Good guy, good recruiter, good APR etc, but just horrible gameday coach

Yep. But unfortunately, many still view him as a good coach because he beat UF and UGA last year.

3 missed FGs and a dropped TD by Kelly.

Another armchair OP post. You sir are inexcusable.

I'm with you about the field goals and dropped pass, but there is no excuse for the coaching malpractice that happened in this game.

When you have the ball first and goal from the half yard line you run the football. Period.

If you're absolutely committed to running a read option offense, then you HAVE to play a mobile QB. I'M 40 and about 30 lbs overweight and i'm positive I could out run Dormady.

Put it on the kids, not the man making 4 million dollars.

Yes, I'm all for our players and holding coaches accountable, but when do the players have to make the play? Palmer in the end zone ? John Kelley dropping the ball on the 1 yd line? Callaway on the fade? Abernathy on the deep ball? 3 missed fg??? Cmon. ,I understand the 51 yarder,but the others???? Dormady throwing the 3 picks, one pick was on Callaway and drew Richmond IMO. No, I could not make these plays, no I do not think we need new players. ,I just think the coaches can only do so muchh. Players still have to play

Yes, we should have given Kelley 3 tries from the 1, but we didn't. That's on coaching.

Not running the ball on 1st and goal twice and 3rd and 1 vs the blitz is inexcusable.

I had hoped he learn and become better but there is no evidence it's possible

This is the one decision that truly bothered me. Especially on our last drive. Not only did Kelly earn the right to try but even an attempt eats up clock.
Dumbfounded.

The AD will not hire top coaches. We end up paying butch $4 mill plus. If we get rid of him we will hire another clone after another dumpster fire.

VN Store

Back