ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

Players didn't make plays, blah, blah, blah. Who is preparing these guys for a game ,?

No, just no. The play calling in the red zone today should be enough to get him fired. If not that, the cover 2 on the final play of the game. If you support that rubbish at this point, you're delusional.

1 st and goal at the 1,and the best player (Kelly) doesn't get a touch ! Someone should've been fired after that series.

If we sack Butch we are literally staring into the abyss. I don't know the answer. I think this will be my only post tonight. Such a wasted opportunity...

Go Vols. The boys gave everything they had tonight.

I don't think so. We have good talent stock, Jones has proven you can recruit at a high level even with TN stock at its lowest in years.

I think a good hire keeps the program on track. The abyss is perpetual 8-4.

3 missed FGs and a dropped TD by Kelly.

Another armchair OP post. You sir are inexcusable.

The OP is right. Idk what you were watching... After the game Butch said the following. Butch Jones: "Make no mistake about it, John Kelly is the heart and soul of our football team." Where was that when we're 1st & Goal from inside the one yard line? Our last possession of the game, we absolutely should have left no time left on the clock. Then final play of the game, why in the world are we in Cover 2?

The AD will not hire top coaches. We end up paying butch $4 mill plus. If we get rid of him we will hire another clone after another dumpster fire.

We don't know that about our new AD, yet.

The history of the overall administration speaks to your point, though. We shall see.

First and goal from the 1/2 yard line and go to shotgun snap and pass, pass, pass. Oh, throw in a penalty as well

3rd and inches and a shotgun snap. Holding penalty because of a passing play, then a sack, then out of FG range.

JK running down their throat, yet we get in red zone and continue to pass.

Want to discuss why our FGs were from 45+ yards out? Play calling.

Want to talk about JK dropping that pass? How about discussing his 230+ yards of total offense. And he was exhausted.

THAT is all coaching, and you, sir accept mediocrity and are inexcusable.

I think you could argue that anyone that supports this coach actually hates Tennessee football. I don't see any other explanation.

More proof that Tennessee is no place for on the job training for mediocre mid-major coaches.

Glad to see so many coming around to the reality of the situation.

Good recruiter, nice caretaker, horrible game coach. I feel awful for the players....they were set up to fail by this staff.

I have hoped beyond hope that this was not the case. I wanted Butch to succeed here because I am tired of starting over.

Unfortunately, I have come to the realization that this is the case. Butch's time here has come to an end in my eyes.

I have a good feeling about Currie. Seems to care, doing the right things. We are in a better spot financially. Time to go all in.

It's obvious butch is in over his head. He has done a good job of rebuilding from what it was. He's made money, the university has benefited, now it's time to move on. We won't get to the next level with him. If we are fine with being averege we could have kept Phil.

This is why Lyle is making millions and we are on volnation. We have all the answers.

That's why Jones is either out or we're never seeing Atlanta. The poster is absolutely correct. Scott inexplicably - yet again - falls in love with the pass when Kelly is ripping it up.

We can only hope. He blew this game. No one else. All the bad things that happen, we still should have won. Not 1 run with 1:46 seconds left with 1st and goal from the 6. Why would we leave any time on the clock unless we scored a TD on a 1st down run? Bad coaching. We shouldn't have to fire him. He should quit and not take a penny of this years salary.

I'm yelling at the TV to run the ball and run down the clock. Either you run down the clock or make Florida use all their timeouts. Kick the FG if necessary as regulation expires. It's basically football 101. Even if Kelly catches the ball you're leaving them too much time left. I know they were stacking the line but 3 runs by Kelly most likely gets you 6. It's just inexplicable how the offense was called in this game

3 missed FGs and a dropped TD by Kelly.

Another armchair OP post. You sir are inexcusable.

Maybe hand the damn ball to Kelly ONCE IN TWO REDZONE TRIPS. Hes a damn running back, and he just had his stock ruined by a bum of a coach.

Butch and his rag tag coordinators deserve every ounce of criticism they are getting on here.

We have the rock bottom worst HC/OC/DC trio on the SEC. Hands down.

Yep. But unfortunately, many still view him as a good coach because he beat UF and UGA last year.

It's early. This gets worse before it gets better. He's previously beaten Georgia by the skin of his teeth. This kind of preparation and playcalling against them, and it will get ugly. Wheels could come off once he's out of the East race early.

I know one thing....I'm thankful for my son playing at Maryville College this year. I'm going to need something to divert my attention on Saturdays for a while. MC set a school record for total offense today....576 yards. Hey...maybe we could hire Coach Hayes...he knows what to do inside the 10!

Last edited:
The AD will not hire top coaches. We end up paying butch $4 mill plus. If we get rid of him we will hire another clone after another dumpster fire.

No insider status, but I have a different feel with Currie. I sure hope he is different than previous ADs.

when 2 bad teams play (sorry guys, we were, except Kelly) somebody will get hurt. And, it's usually us, cause we're the worser of the two. scuse the spellin

Would love to see us play 4 GOOD Qtrs, before I'm gone

It's early. This gets worse before it gets better. He's previously beaten Georgia by the skin of his teeth. This kind of preparation and playcalling against them, and it will get ugly. Wheels could come off once he's out of the East race early.

We will still lose to:

Georgia
South Carolina
Kentucky
LSU
Alabama
And from what I am seeing right now, Vanderbilt.

That would seal his fate.

VN Store

Back