Evan Berry

One thing is certain, this staff is more concerned about depth on defense rather than offense. Everything they have done so far is very similar to the way Saban rebuilt Bama. Maybe, Butch is using Saban's blueprint to rebuild UT brick by brick.

Not really. Just common sense. Defense wins championships. Or, at least as the old saying goes......

If I'm not mistaken Evan runs about a 4.35. He has blazing speed, just like Eric. Even though Elliot is bigger I'm sure he is a lightning bolt for a LB.

One thing is certain, this staff is more concerned about depth on defense rather than offense. Everything they have done so far is very similar to the way Saban rebuilt Bama. Maybe, Butch is using Saban's blueprint to rebuild UT brick by brick.

Everything? Really?

Saban replaced his OC after his first year because of lackluster results. Won 12 games his 2nd year.

Everything? Really?

Saban replaced his OC after his first year because of lackluster results. Won 12 games his 2nd year.

Remember Major Applewhite getting an Assistant Head Coach designation so he could return to his alma mater Texas in 2008. But go ahead.

If I'm not mistaken Evan runs about a 4.35. He has blazing speed, just like Eric. Even though Elliot is bigger I'm sure he is a lightning bolt for a LB.

Evan is fast but not in the 4.3 category. I would say he is in the 4.45 to 4.55 range.
His brother Eric ran a 4.40 and a 4.46 respectively at the NFL combine.

On Evan Berry From scout:

Berry stands 5'11, weighs 195 pounds and runs a 4.56 40-yard dash. He is considered the 23rd best cornerback prospect in the class by 247Sports and ranked the 33rd best player from the state of Georgia. Scout rates him similarly, while Rivals only considers him a three-star recruit.

Last edited:
Evan is fast but not in the 4.3 category. I would say he is in the 4.45 to 4.55 range.
His brother Eric ran a 4.40 and a 4.46 respectively at the NFL combine.

On Evan Berry From scout:

Berry stands 5'11, weighs 195 pounds and runs a 4.56 40-yard dash. He is considered the 23rd best cornerback prospect in the class by 247Sports and ranked the 33rd best player from the state of Georgia. Scout rates him similarly, while Rivals only considers him a three-star recruit.

No Evan Berry, is a legit 4.4. On the track and on the field.
He's beaten Eric in a footrace. And he's run in the 10.6's 100 meter.
Hand timed 4.34 as well

Reactions: 2 people
Hand timed 4.34 as well

This^^^^^

And Eric also electronically timed a 4.39 at the NFL combine too. I think his official time was a 4.40.

Evan Berry & TK Jr will be centerpieces to our secondary for the next couple years. After them we got some really talented DBs coming up too, namely the legacies DeAngelo Gibbs & Nigel Warrior....

Reactions: 3 people
Evan Berry & TK Jr will be centerpieces to our secondary for the next couple years. After them we got some really talented DBs coming up too, namely the legacies DeAngelo Gibbs & Nigel Warrior....

Gotta get them committed first...but Butch has shown DECENT capability in securing legacies ;)

Hand timed 4.34 as well

That's awesome, I didn't realize he had a step on Eric. 10.6 in the 100m is very strong. No wonder there are reports that he is playing on a different level speed-wise then others. Would like to see him fly around this season and bust some heads. Also, That is ideal speed for a kick off returner. Would like to see him house one this year!

Reactions: 4 people
That's awesome, I didn't realize he had a step on Eric. 10.6 in the 100m is very strong. No wonder there are reports that he is playing on a different level speed-wise then others. Would like to see him fly around this season and bust some heads. Also, That is ideal speed for a kick off returner. Would like to see him house one this year!

Yeah he can move. And he's about 210 to boot. Hell of a combination of size and speed at safety.

I think he will house one this year. He was awfully close last year. Maybe against the Gators to break the game wide open!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah he can move. And he's about 210 to boot. Hell of a combination of size and speed at safety.

I think he will house one this year. He was awfully close last year. Maybe against the Gators to break the game wide open!

That's what I was thinking... Against the gators would be kick azz. I hope we embarrass them in Gainsville this year and drain the cess pool that they call the swamp.

Evan should indeed see considerable playing time and may start in some defensive formations, but I don't see him unseating Cam Sutton or Mcneil.
I just hope Evan continues his return game and takes one to the house.

210? Jeez! You just don't see a size and speed combo like that very often. If I am not mistaken Evan, Foreman, Pig, and Kamara are the fastest guys on the team. I bet all of them clock a sub 4.4 easily.

210? Jeez! You just don't see a size and speed combo like that very often. If I am not mistaken Evan, Foreman, Pig, and Kamara are the fastest guys on the team. I bet all of them clock a sub 4.4 easily.

I bet you're wrong....only 7 guys had a sub 4.4 at the NFL combine in 2015. NFL Events: Combine Top Performers

The odds of us having 4 on our team are slim. 40 times have to be the most exagerated of all athletic abilities.

I bet you're wrong....only 7 guys had a sub 4.4 at the NFL combine in 2015. NFL Events: Combine Top Performers

The odds of us having 4 on our team are slim. 40 times have to be the most exagerated of all athletic abilities.

For real. I recall everybody constantly saying Raijon Neal was a 4.3ish guy, but I just never saw it when he played. Sure enough, at his proday, he ran 4.53, which is fast...but 4.3 is elite and very, very rare...and you know it when you see it.

I've heard Josh Smith, when healthy, is the fastest kid on the team

I've heard Josh Smith, when healthy, is the fastest kid on the team

Well he's never been healthy unfortunately. He's always battling some injury.

He is the fastest WR. You can see that watching the game, but Foreman, Berry, and Moseley all are faster.

Kamara and Pig are probably the most explosive. Hurd as well.

Only Berry probably, clocks consistently under 4.4.

The rest of those guys are quick and explosive but not sub 4.4. Foreman is 4.4... but not under it.

Well he's never been healthy unfortunately. He's always battling some injury.

He is the fastest WR. You can see that watching the game, but Foreman, Berry, and Moseley all are faster.

I think it was foreman that told me josh is faster than him. Regardless... We do have some real speed on this team. Nice change from a few years ago lol

VN Store

Back