Felix Okpara commits to Vols!

Excellent pick up! Have a legit rim protector big man.

We get a guy who's aggressive and will rebound and block shots. He's gonna be battling in the paint getting dunks and put backs. He's not a finesse 7' guy wanting to sit outside and shoot 3 balls. I'm thrilled to have him.

He fouled out in 16 minutes with 0 points. Edey had 22 pts and 13 boards, but OSU won the game
My only concern about Okpara is his weight. He looked skinny-ish on his portal highlights. Checked some sites and most have him in the 230-235 range. ESPN had Aidoo at 241. Really hope our nutrition and S&C program can add a good 10lbs of good weight on Okpara by next season.

My only concern about Okpara is his weight. He looked skinny-ish on his portal highlights. Checked some sites and most have him in the 230-235 range. ESPN had Aidoo at 241. Really hope our nutrition and S&C program can add a good 10lbs of good weight on Okpara by next season.
He at least tried to body up Edey when they played Purdue

Guess I'm going to have to rely on Coach Barnes knowing something that I don't.
He’s not going to have to face Edey again here lol

He’s not going to be a 15 point scorer, but that’s not why we recruited him. Aidoo leaving means we need help with rim protection. Felix is very good at that. He blocked 83 shots at OSU this year. That would break the UT school record if he does that here next year.

But the real question is Okpara + Estrella > Aidoo + Awaka?
Gotta think our staff thinks so. The sub patterns LATE in the season for Estrella, combined with what APPEARED to be little effort to retain last years pair.

Wish I had a clue on Okpara’s hands in the block and his vision and passing ability for the inside out 3 point game.

Aidoo had a TOV% of 8.6 this year, the second lowest on the team. Just the facts here.
I think the comment had less to do with Aidoo turning it over (which, as you pointed out, he didn't do a ton) and more to do with him fumbling the initial entry pass and having to regather it, which eliminated the moment for easy scoring. Definitely recall Aidoo's mishandling of passes leading to shots that shouldn't have been as contested as they were multiple times this season. Not every one of them was his fault, but a lot were.

He’s not going to have to face Edey again here lol

He’s not going to be a 15 point scorer, but that’s not why we recruited him. Aidoo leaving means we need help with rim protection. Felix is very good at that. He blocked 83 shots at OSU this year. That would break the UT school record if he does that here next year.
Not what I meant. I was just wondering how Felix did against Edey, compared to what Awaka and Aidoo did against him this past season, just to gage what we were getting in Felix.

Last edited:
Not what I meant. I was just wondering how Felix did against Edey, compared to what Awaka and Aidoo did against him this past season, just to gage what we were getting in Felix.
Felix held Edey below his season average and OSU won the game.

If we had him this year, we very well could’ve been playing UConn for all the marbles.

Felix held Edey below his season average and OSU won the game.

If we had him this year, we very well could’ve been playing UConn for all the marbles.
Okpara had 0 pts 0 rebounds and fouled out in 16 minutes. He wasn’t the reason they beat Purdue. Just a let down game for Purdue on the road who had 14 turnovers (6 of which were Edey’s who kept the ball too low for reach in’s). Edey was an efficient 7-11 from field and had another double double (22/13).

VN Store

Back