Florida eyes TN game as most important

Oh I know, just having fun. I think his point was correct though. If it did [somehow] happen, there would be those complaining. UF is living rent free in the heads of some of our fans, coaches, administrative staff, athletic department, student body, student government association, faculty........

Fyp 😊

Reactions: 1 person
I'm with Tony Basilio on this one. Until We actually beat Florida, this game will be tallied as a loss from a preseason standpoint. Last year's debacle was almost too much to watch. And, it was in Knoxville.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm with Tony Basilio on this one. Until We actually beat Florida, this game will be tallied as a loss from a preseason standpoint. Last year's debacle was almost too much to watch. And, it was in Knoxville.

I agree. Last year's loss at home against a Florida team that bad, was the lowest point in a long time for this program.

Reactions: 2 people
We got to beat Florida this year, or the entire fan base will be in for a major let down, last year we thought we would win this year we expect to win and thats a big difference between wishing to win and knowing you are going to win, the game will be played on my 53 third birthday, oh oh what a present on Saturday September 26 2015 oh TP will have, will be the best present i every had when we beat the gators in the swamp happy birthday to me.:dance2:

Technically, Uf had a greater talent advantage last year. But we had home field, the 5th man in force and we also had Muschamp. (Yes I'm counting that as an "in favor" for us.) Just being honest, last years loss with us up 2 scores entering the fourth, hurt more than the possible outcome of this year. WTS, this streak really, REALLY needs to end.

Isn't it a compliment that UF is taking us seriously for once in the middle of a 10 game win streak?

If we're not trying to redshirt Dobbs, there is no debacle last year.

This is a must-win game and the debacle last year is actually a small part of the equation.

Will another Tennessee loss to the Gators this year confirm that the curse is definately real?
Will this be the year the Vol's finally turn the Florida dominance around?
I hate to say it but I think the Gators may actually surprise some folks this year....damiT
Go Vols

If we lose to UF, we won't be 11-1. "Some idiots on here" can't understand that, and the importance of that UF game to the entire season.

It's sad that some idiots on here hinge the entire success of the season on one game. That post about 11-1 has some truth to it. We could win the SEC, yet lose to UF and some fans would still be upset just because we lost to them again.

Isn't it a compliment that UF is taking us seriously for once in the middle of a 10 game win streak?

Probably. But if we don't win it becomes that much more painful. (streak continues and we can't win even when we are predicted to do so)

I agree. Last year's loss at home against a Florida team that bad, was the lowest point in a long time for this program.

So losing to a team that has much more talent, a much better defense, while you are the youngest team in the country, while being the only D1 team to replace both lines should be the lowest point? Oh and not to mention fielding the worst OL in school history. Last years UF loss sucked, but no worse than any other loss IMO. But I am not obsessed with UF like some others are.

It's sad that some idiots on here hinge the entire success of the season on one game. That post about 11-1 has some truth to it. We could win the SEC, yet lose to UF and some fans would still be upset just because we lost to them again.

IF TN loses to UF TN will likely be no better than 8-4, more likely 7-5. And yes, if TN is only 7-5 with another year of losses to UF, UGA and Bama, there will be a number of fans not real happy with those results.

We will drain the swamp this year...I feel better about this years game than I did last year. We outplayed them last year..we are better..they are worse. JMO

We will drain the swamp this year...I feel better about this years game than I did last year. We outplayed them last year..we are better..they are worse. JMO

Agreed. Our roster this year is better, and their roster is worse. The frustrating thing is that their coaching was awful last year but they still won.

If we lose to Florida, this board will melt the fudge down. We can NOT lose to them this year.

Reactions: 3 people
So losing to a team that has much more talent, a much better defense, while you are the youngest team in the country, while being the only D1 team to replace both lines should be the lowest point? Oh and not to mention fielding the worst OL in school history. Last years UF loss sucked, but no worse than any other loss IMO. But I am not obsessed with UF like some others are.

Yes, losing to a Muschamp coached Florida, that wasn't playing anywhere near their talent level, and wouldn't for the entire season, at home after holding them scoreless until the 4th quarter was a very low point.

The fact that Bajakian couldn't come up with a single set of plays to get us into the end zone once during the entire game was pathetic.

And yeah I know Florida had a ton of defensive talent, but this same defense let Kentucky hang 30 on them and drive them into triple overtime two weeks before. They were far from unstoppable.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back