Florida eyes TN game as most important

IF TN loses to UF TN will likely be no better than 8-4, more likely 7-5. And yes, if TN is only 7-5 with another year of losses to UF, UGA and Bama, there will be a number of fans not real happy with those results.

University of University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site - Football

Here is the schedule. Of course what we are talking about are hypotheticals, but why do you just assume a loss to UF would mean an 8-4 or 7-5 season? I get the loss to Alabama, as I don't think we are there yet. However, we are more talented than every other team on our schedule, and that includes UF. There is no logical reason to believe if we lose to UF that that means we will lose 4-5 games.

IF we go 7-5 again, without significant injuries, then I will not be happy.

If we lose to Florida, this board will melt the fudge down. We can NOT lose to them this year.

Count me as one who will not melt down. Will I be upset? Sure. But it will simply be because we lost a game. Not because it's to UF.

Last year Florida had a much better defense than the Vol's and they also had a much better Oline, Florida tried to give the game to the Vol's, but the Vol's were having nothing to do with it?

I could see us struggling and playing poorly, especially the first half. It's an early game with a lot on the line, we play in The Swamp and the media will play up the streak ad nauseam. But losing isn't an option. Not this year.

99 gator:

It has to be nice to hang out at a VOL board given the 10 year streak and our mental state in relation to your team's dominance over TN. If we finally end the streak this season, will we still see you around or will VN lose it's attractiveness at that point?

Reactions: 3 people
If we lose to Florida this year, I will not melt down.

I will implode.

And I hope the singularity I create sucks obnoxious Gator fans and "I told you so" Vol fans to the opposite side of the universe.

MUST. WIN. GAME.

Reactions: 2 people
99 gator:

It has to be nice to hang out at a VOL board given the 10 year streak and our mental state in relation to your team's dominance over TN. If we finally end the streak this season, will we still see you around or will VN lose it's attractiveness at that point?

No, I'll be around.

This may be twisting the knife, but i had a "congratulations" post all typed up and ready to go last year.

Many of the topics here are relevant despite the outcome of the game.

I always wanted to prove that i would say postive things about Tennessee when the opportunity presented itself, but i havent been given much to work with.

Tennessee should win this year. But, i thought that last year.

Its a game I woukd not bet on because of the streak and it's at Florida

If the game was in Knoxville, it would be easier to pick Tennessee without hesitation.

Definitely a "show me" year for Butch and Tennessee. The honeymoon is over.

No excuses

No, I'll be around.

This may be twisting the knife, but i had a "congratulations" post all typed up and ready to go last year.

Many of the topics here are relevant despite the outcome of the game.

I always wanted to prove that i would say postive things about Tennessee when the opportunity presented itself, but i havent been given much to work with.

Tennessee should win this year. But, i thought that last year.

Its a game I woukd not bet on because of the streak and it's at Florida

If the game was in Knoxville, it would be easier to pick Tennessee without hesitation.

Definitely a "show me" year for Butch and Tennessee. The honeymoon is over.

No excuses

Man im glad you didn't share that right after the game. I was upset for weeks.

But that draft post (if you still have it saved) would probably make for an interesting off season thread!

:birgits_giggle:

Man im glad you didn't share that right after the game. I was upset for weeks.

But that draft post (if you still have it saved) would probably make for an interesting off season thread!

:birgits_giggle:

Part of it had a "thank you" for getting Muschamp fired

I don't know that I can stomach another loss to Florida unless we have already beaten Oklahoma. As I have said here before, we can't afford to be 2-2 after the Florida game and expect a successful season.

Reactions: 1 person
Will another Tennessee loss to the Gators this year confirm that the curse is definately real?
Will this be the year the Vol's finally turn the Florida dominance around?
I hate to say it but I think the Gators may actually surprise some folks this year....damiT
Go Vols

If last year wasn't enough to convince you that there's a curse, nothing will.

There is no reason we should have lost to Florida last year and it makes me question the ability of the coaching staff that we did. It was inexcusable.

Everybody is predicting a loss to Florida because we haven't proven we can pull out a win against the Gators since leg of Wilhoit helped pull out a W in 2004. Though, I think everybody believes Tennessee could and should win given their talent and experience. If they will or not is a different story entirely. We should have won last year.

Personally, I don't think I can stomach an 11th loss.

In truth this is the best year for the gators to lose to us. With their off season the fans will grudgingly allow it.

I will have to admit that it is the most important game that UT will be playing on Sept 26th..

On a serious note, we trounce UF this year.. their OL is horrible, and will not have enough time to get it together before we play them.

I'll most likely draw some blowback by saying this. I've always thought that part of the problem with losing to UF is the fact we get them early in the season.

I don't mean every year, many times I don't think it mattered. But there have been years when we got better as the season progressed.

In 2001, the game was rescheduled in December due to the terrorists attacks on 911. We prevailed.

Anyway, maybe, as stated by ImportedVol - playing them early may be, for once, an advantage.

There's no excuse for losing to UF for 10 years in a row. The match up has become the new UT / KY game. It should have ended last year; it must end this year.

They better keep their eyes on us, cause we're gonna black them eyes in the swamp.

If last year wasn't enough to convince you that there's a curse, nothing will.

There is no reason we should have lost to Florida last year and it makes me question the ability of the coaching staff that we did. It was inexcusable.

There's no doubt we're cursed.

VN Store

Back