Football or Basketball

Don't ban me but I have a dillema! I love UT BBALL because of JABBY (JABARI MCGHEE) and UT FOOTBALL when they are not playing UGA! IM a GEORGIA FAN DURING FB SEASON!!! I have another cousin who play for UGA (KEN TOWNS) AND I'm a GEORGIA GRYL!!!
😀😃😬😯😉 MAKE SURE YOU GUYS READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE BANNING ME!

Don't ban me but I have a dillema! I love UT BBALL because of JABBY (JABARI MCGHEE) and UT FOOTBALL when they are not playing UGA! IM a GEORGIA FAN DURING FB SEASON!!! I have another cousin who play for UGA (KEN TOWNS) AND I'm a GEORGIA GRYL!!!

That's not exactly how this works...

it's just sports. it really doesnt matter who you cheer for.

Reactions: 1 person
it's just sports. it really doesnt matter who you cheer for.

No, but I'll never understand a fan who roots for one team in one sport but another team in another sport, especially when it's a rival. I can understand situations that make sense (i.e. basketball school that doesn't have an FBS football program, went to school, etc.) but for instance a UT football fan/UK basketball fan can go take a flying leap.

That's not exactly how this works...

Well now, it's all in the SEC Family. That relative was already at Georgia when Jabari made his decision to attend UT and we had been supporting him and we still do. He's FAMILY!

Personally, I cheer for the Vols, except when I'm invited to a Georgia Game on the Player guest list. Lol

I've made it perfectly clear that I will never attend a TN vs GA Football game as long as Ken is playing. However, I will be in Athens in February with my ORANGE and the #21. Jabari gets 100% of my support..I dont care who we are playing. YOU CAN BANK ON THAT! GBO. :cheer:

Reactions: 2 people

I actually knew people in the 90s who would root for UT football and UK basketball, and the only reason was because UT was good in football but sucked in basketball and UK was the reverse.

I was younger and dumber then, so I don't exactly condone how I acted toward them, but it got to a point where I refused to watch any games with them because the whole time I gave them crap for being front runners. Needless to say I was a bit vindicated though, because all of them pretty much dropped the Vols completely once they started sucking in football, and I kid you not they started rooting for Alabama football.

No, but I'll never understand a fan who roots for one team in one sport but another team in another sport, especially when it's a rival. I can understand situations that make sense (i.e. basketball school that doesn't have an FBS football program, went to school, etc.) but for instance a UT football fan/UK basketball fan can go take a flying leap.

I do it because of close family members who play for two SEC schools in two different sports! If that was not the case, I could care less about College FB or BBall! When I cheer for a school, I support all of the sports! I yell and holla for UT fb like I have been a long time fan but when they played GA, I yelled for both!

So, if u can't understand that, oh freakn well! Go VOLS ANYWAYS!

well now, it's all in the sec family. That relative was already at georgia when jabari made his decision to attend ut and we had been supporting him and we still do. He's family!

Personally, i cheer for the vols, except when i'm invited to a georgia game on the player guest list. Lol

i've made it perfectly clear that i will never attend a tn vs ga football game as long as ken is playing. However, i will be in athens in february with my orange and the #21. Jabari gets 100% of my support..i dont care who we are playing. You can bank on that! Gbo. :cheer:

ditto!!!

I do it because of close family members who play for two SEC schools in two different sports! If that was not the case, I could care less about College FB or BBall! When I cheer for a school, I support all of the sports! I yell and holla for UT fb like I have been a long time fan but when they played GA, I yelled for both!

So, if u can't understand that, oh freakn well! Go VOLS ANYWAYS!

How do you yell for both? Like UT scores and you cheer but then immediately start booing?

How do you yell for both? Like UT scores and you cheer but then immediately start booing?

I don't boo anyone! I stay neutral! I just watch the game and say, "great job...good play!" until my cuz get in and he gets the ball and score, I holla, "THAYS MY CUZN! GO KEN!!!" 😀😃😆...THATS HOW I DO IT!

...but you can't understand family supporting family?

We are a family that love and support each other no matter what. School sports are not strong enough to break our family bond.

Ken plays football and Jabari plays basketball. They aren't rivals, they're cousins. I don't really give a flip about football I don't care who is playing.

We are a SEC Family!

Last edited:
...but you can't understand family supporting family?

We are a family that love and support each other no matter what. School sports are not strong enough to break our family bond.

Ken plays football and Jabari plays basketball. They aren't rivals, they're cousins. I don't really give a flip about football I don't care who is playing.

Reminds me of family I had playing for our biggest rival after I graduated hs. I cheered for him, and hope they won every game. Except when they played us. I hope he done well, but I wanted us to win by 50.

Reminds me of family I had playing for our biggest rival after I graduated hs. I cheered for him, and hope they won every game. Except when they played us. I hope he done well, but I wanted us to win by 50.

At home both Ken and Jabari played basketball on opposing teams. As a matter of fact of the 4 high schools here they are the biggest city rivals. It was fun because all of our family would sit together at the civic center and cheer for the boys and not the teams.

We love each other that much. But understand I would never disrespect TN. Like wearing my GA shirt while in TN. But now, I'll have to wear my TN shirt at GA. YOU SEE, Jabari practically grew up in my house and lived with me his last 2 years of high school. He feels like more of a grandson than a nephew. Ken is just a cousin but I love him too.

VN Store

Back