*****Freak's Friday Night before the Florida game, admittedly off topic thread

Spending time with family tonight (grands bday and dinner/ice cream with the wife later). Wearing the orange polo proudly and geared up for the noon game tomorrow (ugh don’t like noon games).

With Batulli leading the D, not letting the FL receivers Getting behind the secondary, and a strong run game we’ll celebrate the win.

We ended up at the Rogers vs Brooks game tonight.....for those in North Bama.....

Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity.
So we ask ourselves, will our actions echo across the centuries?
Will strangers here our name long after we’re gone, and wonder who we were?

Reactions: Sara Clark
I remember when this was the biggest week of the Vols' football season. The Eastern division was on the line and the winner had the inside track to the SEC Championship game. Now, it's still a big game, but for different reasons as the Vols are fighting to stay somewhat relevant and prove that they can compete with the likes of division foes such as the Gators. If I were a betting man, I'd take Florida, but that's why they play the games and I'm hoping for something extraordinary to happen. We've had chances to win this game in recent history, with less talent. Let's hope this team surprises us all.

I'm not a big fan of noon games, but the positive in this case is the weather is only supposed to be in the mid-80s at kickoff.

That said, who's going to the game tomorrow? Tailgating plans?

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Go Vols!
You sound like my kind of fan. You like to talk and discuss stuff. My momma's family came from east Tenn. I lived in Pulaski for a year (5yrs old). Tennessee connection deep in my family. But dad was from Lakeland Fla. I grew up 14 miles from the Swamp so I bleed orange and blue. The 90s were great for this series. If Spurrier aint in gville Phil is legendary right behind The Bear coach with multiple SEC titles and maybe 2 more National Titles.............Hell, SOS almost went to UT but the offense did not suit him and he loved playing golf all year in Fla. I will be at the game tomorrow. I have been attending UF games since Spurrier played. Dont forget UT beat SOS for his first loss as the UF coach and it was a beat down. Yall have been close in games with us. Yall have looked awful and we have looked bad. I see another crazy asss game between both teams............FWIW I love the weather and terrain of Tennessee...........Fla is hot, flat and with too many humans now. The beach is a whole other topic.........

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Worked four hours in the yard after getting off work surprisingly early today. Ready for noon like it was Christmas and I'm a 6 year old boy wanting his first BB gun.

How many teams in how many seasons started poorly only to be in contention late due to a series of injuries, surprise victories, and luck. It's happened many, many times before.

Here's to hoping this is the year we get some luck. (Official prediction is Cimaglia kicking a 47 yarder for the win) Would really like to go to the Georgia game with three work buddies in a couple weeks with a packed house cheering on the Vols!

And there's also that $145 bet to win me $715 if they win outright... That too...

I'll be spending the day sick on my couch, hoping to watch an ecstatic surprise victory for the Vols and a humiliating beat down of Notre Dame by Georgia (why should we have to wait till the playoffs every year to see that?!).

VN Store

Back