*****Freak's night before the Ole Miss game, admittedly off topic thread

I’ll be at Ferrum College homecoming most of the day. Should be home by 6:00 or so. Two big steaks and lots of cold Coronas. Ready to whip some Kiffy a$$!!!!!!!

I live in Oklahoma. They have put a few zaxbys here but a few have already closed. Not a big hit here. Raising canes is awesome here. Hate to say it but one thing I miss is Krystals lol. GBO
The Krystal's here just closed. Twice a year or so I'd get a hankering for those gut bombs. The aftermath always reminded me why I didnt eat there more often.

I know Kville is getting a RC's, hopefully they bring one to Johnson City or Bristol.

I’ll be watching at home alone. My husband has duty so it will just be me and the kids. I’m not sure what I’m making yet or if I will even cook lol. May just order some take out. I’ve been so excited for this game I haven’t paid much attention to who else is playing but will probably check in on the KY/UGA game just to see if the cats can even manage to score 😂
It's nice to be reminded that military families serve, too.

Thanks for your sacrifices over the years, PAW.

Go Vols!

Low key tonight. Saving my voice because I plan to lose it tomorrow. I am sitting in a white section tomorrow and just got back from buying a new white sweatshirt for the game since it will be a little chilly; I've literally got a closet full of orange gear but not much white. The car is already packed and ready for an early morning getaway from Nashville to get to campus in time for the Vol Walk and all the pre-game festivities, including a tail gate. I hope I-40 eastbound is a Big Orange Caravan like it used to be.
Where did you find a white sweatshirt?

Leaving around 11 from Kingsport to tailgate with friends. Lots of suds, corn liquor and BBQ will be on tap. Ready to see an even better atmosphere than the last great one I was fortunate enough to participate in (OU 15)…..found a new orange sweatshirt for the checker/weather forecast but also because I feel that we are on the verge of the new era we’ve been so patiently waiting for….so perhaps some new duds will help ring it in tonight and continue for the next several years….GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
My wife's birthday was a few days ago, so I planned a weekend getaway, I asked our youngest to record the game because we should be back shortly after kickoff. I'll be having a bottle of Uncle Nearest on standby...GB🍊!!

I wonder how Clemson kept it so close with UGA. Syracuse seemed to move the ball on their defense okay tonight - just could not finish in the red zone. Hopefully gives us optimism bringing the Dawgs to Neyland.

Good question. I'll only say it was their first game of the year, for both of them, respectively. Of course that doesn't excuse Clemson for this latest scare, or it's defense for giving up what it did. So, yeah, if you go out there with the intent to compete with UGA, you've probably won half the battle.

I just doubt PITT would want any part of TN today. The game might wind up in the beat down category now after 6 weeks with the new staff, system and players.

Good question. I'll only say it was their first game of the year, for both of them, respectively. Of course that doesn't excuse Clemson for this latest scare, or it's defense for giving up what it did. So, yeah, if you go out there with the intent to compete with UGA, you've probably won half the battle.

I just doubt PITT would want any part of TN today. The game might wind up in the beat down category now after 6 weeks with the new staff, system and players.
I tend to think so. Even in week 2, UT should have won that by 3+ scores. I really do believe Tennessee has a shot at the rest of their games due to how much and well they can score.

Reactions: nomads-11

VN Store

Back