'24 GA TE Caleb Odom

I said something about this a few months back and it’s worth repeating. This offense has the ability to maximize the TE position in a variety of ways. The mismatches would be insane.
Choice plays where the LB, or safety is in conflict, will allow the TE to play fast and keep at least 1-2 defenders occupied while opening the run. It’s that .5-1 second of defensive delay and indecision.
We ran a lot of what looked like typical RPO sets that featured the TE. I have a feeling more times than not, it was actually a “choice” route for the TE

I said something about this a few months back and it’s worth repeating. This offense has the ability to maximize the TE position in a variety of ways. The mismatches would be insane.
Choice plays where the LB, or safety is in conflict, will allow the TE to play fast and keep at least 1-2 defenders occupied while opening the run. It’s that .5-1 second of defensive delay and indecision.
We ran a lot of what looked like typical RPO sets that featured the TE. I have a feeling more times than not, it was actually a “choice” route for the TE

Reactions: butchna

Going to "Yes, and" you here and say that the TE is also so important because he (or them, if we have 2 on) allow us to play fast/no-huddle but not be pinned into JUST running or JUST throwing, because they can run block inline, pass pro, or run a route.

But yes you're correct Franklin it was a choice route.

With a young guy like Caleb Odom it will be more design than him making his own choices initially.

And for further clarification the choice route style aren't always the same in every offense.
There's some differing to other WRs and letting them get open before you. Especially in our offense. And we're not always running choice concepts for duration of the offensive drive.
It's actually a lot more simple than people think.

But yes you're correct Franklin it was a choice route.

With a young guy like Caleb Odom it will be more design than him making his own choices initially.

And for further clarification the choice route style aren't always the same in every offense.
There's some differing to other WRs and letting them get open before you. Especially in our offense. And we're not always running choice concepts for duration of the offensive drive.
It's actually a lot more simple than people think.
Letting someone get open before you? If someone is open then the QB hits them with a pass.
Clear outs mean that a receiver will have a concept of flooding a zone or clearing a zone or conflicting man coverage.

Letting someone get open before you? If someone is open then the QB hits them with a pass.
Clear outs mean that a receiver will have a concept of flooding a zone or clearing a zone or conflicting man coverage.
Yes sometimes.
As I said not all choice routes concepts are the same.

I would explain but they'll probably just move it to the recruiting forum thread.
(Really annoying). Honestly wasn't trying to belittle your comment.

We agree that Caleb Odom is really good for what we do offensively.

Yeah, the better athletes we get at that position the better.

There's somethings we just can't do, with the guys we had.
Simple stuff, like when Warren did that delayed blocking/rub route against Bama on 4th and 2. He was stopped because he wasn't strong enough to run through the tackle or fast enough to outrun the 1st defender.
But he was a great blocker and has dependable hands. No real explosive ability.
Fant had some explosive abilities but his hands were suspect

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The joke would be more recognizable if you were able to see your opinions for what they really are.
I'm aware of what it was from the start.
It just wasn't funny...

Seriously, you waste time to insult vs actually trying to engage football.
You could have chosen any other thing to say, but you chose to make a personal attack on someone.
Literally wasn't even taking to you.
Which means that you think about me, when I don't even know you exist ...

I see why you would think that.

But Caleb Odom is actually pretty physical as a blocker. He gets after it. I think he'll be 225 by start of freshman season. He'll be 210 or so in Sr season.

You're right about Echols tho. He'll be the most ready for sure.
Even though I want him at edge eventually, he's going to be needed at TE freshman season. Which means he will probably stay at TE

At 6-6, I have visions of a Kyle Pitts clone.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back