'24 GA TE Caleb Odom

This kid would be a good pickup but it feels like we shifted more toward Reddell and Leblanc. I'm good with shifting toward an instate 4*.

Redell is a lot like Odom. Great pass catchers that can run really well.
LeBlanc is super underrated.

2024 is the strongest TE class i've ever seen.

In Georgia alone there are like 10 high level TE prospects.
In Tennessee you have LeBlanc and Clark that are both super talented

Oh and then there's that monster Echols (former 5 star) that we already have committed there.

Nice comparison.

If he does go to Ole Miss, being honest, he should have a really good career there.

Could be their next Evan Ingram.

I've long wanted Tennessee to get that tall, super athletic pass catching TE weapon along the lines of Ingram and Pitts. Unfortunately, the last one we had like that was David Martin and we had an archaic coaching staff that had no idea how to use him. David Martin would be an All American for Heupel.

I guess Jason Croom was also built along those lines too.

I've long wanted Tennessee to get that tall, super athletic pass catching TE weapon along the lines of Ingram and Pitts. Unfortunately, the last one we had like that was David Martin and we had an archaic coaching staff that had no idea how to use him. David Martin would be an All American for Heupel.

Evan Engram isn't really built anything like Kyle Pitts. Engram is only 6-3 at TE, which puts him more in the Delanie Walker/Dallas Clark mold.

Evan Engram isn't really built anything like Kyle Pitts. Engram is only 6-3 at TE, which puts him more in the Delanie Walker/Dallas Clark mold.

Not that thick, though. At least he wasn't at Ole Miss. He looked like a big WR in college.

Croom was big, but did not have near the talent of Martin. I really like the TEs we are recruiting. Any of them could be special. Would be nice to a set with two TEs..

Probably.

As long as we get our TEs. Luckily this class is absolutely loaded with TEs.

Alec Abeln checked in on several tight ends in the 2024 class during his week of travels. Abeln started the week in Georgia watching Caleb Odom get in work at Carrolton High School. He made a stop in Alabama to check on fast-rising tight end JaCorey Whitted before heading west to check on Roger Saleapaga in Utah.
-VQ

Maybe easier to fly in and out of Atlanta and Utah. Also, imagine whoever checks on reddell will also check on Nwaneri, wingo, McClellan, Lindstrom, etc and I doubt that person is Abeln.
I thought about that, too. Just don't see any mention of him having been visited by anyone. Maybe it just didn't make it into the blog.

Croom was big, but did not have near the talent of Martin. I really like the TEs we are recruiting. Any of them could be special. Would be nice to a set with two TEs..
IMHO, Croom's talent was badly squandered. With Heupel, he might have been like Fant. I don't follow the NFL much... but I think Fant was probably the steal of the draft as an UDFA.

Reactions: HeadVol77

Didn't Martin just play as a WR at UT? I think the Packers made him a TE

Interesting that he didn't check in on Redell in that cross-country venture. I wonder if that is telling? I always felt like Odom would make a nice fallback option if we missed our shot with Redell.

Pretty he's already seen Reddell, and I think Halze has too. Schools can only do 2 visits this period.

BTW, Odom just put out a top list and we weren't on it. I think it may be that some schools are apparently pushing a "you're a big WR" pitch and that doesn't work for us. Then again I may be spinning...

Pretty he's already seen Reddell, and I think Halze has too. Schools can only do 2 visits this period.

BTW, Odom just put out a top list and we weren't on it. I think it may be that some schools are apparently pushing a "you're a big WR" pitch and that doesn't work for us. Then again I may be spinning...
Dang

Yeah, I saw that, too.

Reactions: jvols1999
Didn’t make his top 7.

Hope we land Redell.
Would really be nice to, but if not it’s not really the end of the world if we can hold onto Echols. Especially if we get Okoye too. We can always take a stud out of the portal and even go after a guy like Daniel Hill as an H-Back type guy. He may never be a true 6’4-6’5 250-260, but with his versatility he could play at 6’2 230 and be an asset to the offense

Reactions: lenoxvol
Need to hope he doesn’t commit during the summer if we want to try and get back in play here. Wish we’d gone harder here. This guy and Davis at te? Good night LBs

Reactions: OrangeShade

VN Store

Back