Game Thread Lady Vols Softball NCAA Super Regionals vs #9 Florida State

Great interview of Megan, Rainey, and Ralph after the game. Ralph confirmed that Erin is having more problems with her hip and the doctor will look at her tomorrow. :frown:

Damn, I was afraid that cold weather might have affected her hip and she was pitching so well. Hate that for her.

Do they reseed for the WCWS? If UK beats #1 UF do they get their spot or would it go to the next highest seed?

I was thinking that question myself but I don't think so. I think they stay with the brackets as is.

Hell of an effort by this squad to make it.....The injury to Gabriel is a big problem, but these ladies are resilient...They've got a shot now.

Yeah those seats aren't bad...both years I went I had reserved seats...the seats under the covering are always sold out( OU fans have them) and yes you could find some reserved seats from teams that got knocked out and it does get hot sitting out there for all the games

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Great interview of Megan, Rainey, and Ralph after the game. Ralph confirmed that Erin is having more problems with her hip and the doctor will look at her tomorrow. :frown:

Bad news about EG -- if you hear anything please post it :sad:

One very important stat from the three game series - the LV's committed no errors. That is a great accomplishment for a young team and a very young infield. I noticed that McSwain played very little at third as Ralph went mostly with Overstreet.

Pitching and fielding won this series (who would have predicted that six weeks ago), along with a timely couple of hits.

Wow, LSU's Bailey Landry just made a super defensive play in the LSU-Arizona game. She caught a long fly on the dead run in foul territory and spun and threw a long strike to second to nail a runner trying to advance. Great play.

LSU run-rules Arizona 8-0. Hopefully LSU will closeout Arizona tomorrow.

TN, Auburn in. Florida soon to follow.

Oklahoma-Alabama just now starting. I really hope Alabama can take two from the Sooners but it will be tough.

On edit: Oregon now in. I hope there isn't a Florida-Oregon finale.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them move the women's softball and men's baseball championship series to different states. Why must they be in two rural cow states every year--oklahoma and nebraska, respectively?...

I believe it was after the 2012 (maybe 2013) WCWS that some of the Alabama people were grumbling about the WCWS always being in Oklahoma City and how unfair that was. Their solution? Move it to Alabama.

Yeah, that would eliminate any unfairness in the venue.

Alabama forces a game three against Oklahoma winning 2-0. There were three total hits in the game, Alabama with two and Oklahoma with 1. It was a boring game. Osorio takes forever in the circle.

Alabama forces a game three against Oklahoma winning 2-0. There were three total hits in the game, Alabama with two and Oklahoma with 1. It was a boring game. Osorio takes forever in the circle.

Better game 3- go Sooners!

I thought Osirio was mentally fatigued in game 2. She is visibly fatigued now. Maybe she can hang on. Regardless, Alabama now behind.

The home plate ump is a disaster. She has an incredibly small strike zone. Her calls differ from right to left handed batter and from one batter to another. She totally blew the call on the foul ball out that was pinned against the net. What she was thinking I don't know.

They have two others, one a senior. I don't know why Murphy isn't going to one of them. Maybe he will.

he was complaining earlier of why they couldn't play 3 in 3 in the SR..I guess it's a cost issue

VN Store

Back