Game Thread Lady Vols vs Florida

Missouri is currently 10-5. If they win, they will be 11-5. The best the Lady Vols can do is 10-6, with a win at MS State. Both aTm and Mizzou must lose for the Lady Vols to move up to 4th.

Jim

No worries - they will play either Thursday or Friday. Won't know until the SEC season
concludes. I won't be there until Friday so I am counting on them hanging in there if
they play Thursday!

We are at the Holiday Inn Express in Anderson about 20 miles away. We always have good luck with Holiday Inns and this particular one was completely renovated last fall. They still had a few rooms and suites earlier today.

Girrrrrllll...you are determined to make me wear a hat, aren't you? 😁

We are in this together. If I don't wear that hat Lady Evelyn will kill me if we lose. She has sat in front of us for years and is convinced it is the reason we went on the run. There is nothing scarier than a Southern Lady that is older than you! Yes, Ma'am; no, ma'am; whatever you say, ma'am:clapping:! So BRING YOUR HAT!!!!! We suffer as one.

Reactions: 1 person
We are in this together. If I don't wear that hat Lady Evelyn will kill me if we lose. She has sat in front of us for years and is convinced it is the reason we went on the run. There is nothing scarier than a Southern Lady that is older than you! Yes, Ma'am; no, ma'am; whatever you say, ma'am:clapping:! So BRING YOUR HAT!!!!! We suffer as one.

Oh, dear Jesus woman! I can't defy an elder southern lady - even if I've never met her! Just so you know...this will be hideous! 😳

You in Greenvill to stay? We may not get in until Thursday. Does anyone know if we might play Wednesday? Never worried about that before and did not book a room for Wednesday night. If can't get in Garden House, will try to find a room SOMEWHERE to see Wednesday game (still hard to believe that...we were so excited when they decided the top 16 teams would host first rounds...never expected to be out of top 10, let alone top 16!!!)

Bring your ugly hat. A friend made me turn mine on the end of game Thursday, and they went on the run. Guess I have to wear the **** thing from now on:sick:.

I picked up a light blue Fedora for next year. I am going to have the LV logo stitched on it. No lights on this one.

+++

I have enjoyed this season so much sv. You and TO have made this year so much more meaningful and personal. I will remember this.

Love and appreciate you both and hope that our friendship will always be,

Coach Jumper

Oh, dear Jesus woman! I can't defy an elder southern lady - even if I've never met her! Just so you know...this will be hideous! 😳

Hideously, wonderful. . . . Be strong, be visible,,, our girls need to see us at times and the easier we are to see, the better

Our mamas raised us right:):thumbsup::good!::salute:.

Heck, and I think I can often qualify as elder Southern lady...., but recognize not at the top of that ranking yet (Mama lived to be 97, now she had rank!).

Last edited:
I picked up a light blue Fedora for next year. I am going to have the LV logo stitched on it. No lights on this one.

+++

I have enjoyed this season so much sv. You and TO have made this year so much more meaningful and personal. I will remember this.

Love and appreciate you both and hope that our friendship will always be,

Coach Jumper

Enjoyed it, CoachJ. We Lady Vols fans are a team with them. And I'm even including Darthie...:):) in that group!

We may agree or disagree on some topics, but we are all one in loving our Ladys!:pat:

Hideously, wonderful. . . . Be strong, be visible,,, our girls need to see us at times and the easier we are to see, the better

Don't worry - they'll know I'm coming and I'll make sure they see me - hat or no hat... maybe a visor would work SV? 😐

Last edited:
Our mamas raised us right:):thumbsup::good!::salute:.

Heck, and I think I can often qualify as elder Southern lady...., but recognize not at the top of that ranking yet (Mama lived to be 97, now she had rank!).

Indeed they did, SV. I am aspiring to be an elderly southern lady! My great grandmama lived to be 97, my grandmama 81, but my precious mama only made it to 53. I hope I can live on and do some of the things she didn't get to do. Here's to strong southern ladies...elderly and the not so elderly yet!

take plenty of pics so I can judge the hat contest.. lol

I miss MY white hat:cray:.

T_V, as to
T_Vol397 said:
Indeed they did, SV. I am aspiring to be an elderly southern lady! My great grandmama lived to be 97, my grandmama 81, but my precious mama only made it to 53. I hope I can live on and do some of the things she didn't get to do. Here's to strong southern ladies...elderly and the not so elderly yet!

So true. I was lucky enough to know my mama, granma, and great granma..all in the same lineage. They were all family I could always aspire to emulate...just fall short of the standard sometimes..especially at Lady Vols games:):rock:.

As to a visor...???? Don't know. We will have to ask the great VN Oracle. What say you, gule? Can she substitute a visor for a hat?

(But I sure would not try to pull that one on my mama and church:p. Just saying.)

Last edited:
I was at the home game and talked with Holly and Jasmine mother, we sit together during the boys game. I had my I back Pat shirt on and will ware it at this game Thursday. Holly left after the girl game was over. There boy team is great. Both guards are 6 foot 5, one going to Kentucky. the center 6 foot 10 and is the best player on the floor, the two forwards are 6 foot 9. And they have great backups. This school can feed the Lady Vols a long time. the best girl on the team is the coach daughter Treasure Hunt.

What the hell is the point of your post, to say you sat with the great Holly Warlick?????????

VN Store

Back